8

.the cupcake that brought us together.

Weeks passed by and Kyungsoo improved in his course, earning couple C's here and couple B's there, and on good days, A's, but that is rare. As promised, Kyungsoo would give desserts to Kai and on those days were he received A's, he would give him a hug, causing Kai to blush.

'At least I'm passing!' Kyungsoo smiled brightly looking at his 80% grade on his test. He looked over at Kai who raised a thumbs up. Kyungsoo nodded and gave a thumbs up back. Once Kyungsoo placed his test in his folder, the bell rang, indicating that school is now over.

"Hey Kai." Kyungsoo said in a happy tone while jogging up to him. "Since I did oh so well on my test, I owe you!"

Kai chuckled and zipped up his backpack up. "You don't have to do anything for --"

"But I must!" Kyungsoo grabbed Kai's hand and rushed out the door. They went through their lockers to get their books and notebooks. Kyungsoo closed his locker.

"So." He started as he turned to Kai, who was now standing beside him. "Like I said, I owe you!" He grabbed Kai's hands again and tugged him to the entrance of the school. "I'll buy you anything in the cafe! Hows that?"

Kai pondered a bit, but immediately agreed.

"Free sweets. I can't refuse!" Kai chuckled.

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

"And my teacher for AP English literature planned a group presentation. Jeez, I as much as I like English literature, I hate doing presentations…especially group ones!!" Kyungsoo rubbed his temple while Kai chuckled at his friend's rant about his course and group projects.

Kyungsoo walked a little further to where he was facing Kai, walking backwards.

"Oh and I hate the way some people -- YAH!"

Kyungsoo jumped once he felt hands wrapping around his shoulders; Kyungsoo immediately looked at his attacker. For Kai, he jumped as well not knowing really what to do. He started to find help, looking back and forth, trying to find people's attention. He was about call out, but he heard Kyungsoo starting to laugh. Kai whipped his head around to see Kyungsoo now hugging his attacker.

"Bom!" Kyungsoo started to laugh and hug Bom tighter, but then flicked her head. "Don't scare me like that. Jeez, giving me a heart attack."

Kai looked at Bom, he wouldn't have guess Bom was a girl according to what she was wearing right now; she looked like a guy. A pretty guy at that.

"Hey hey hey!" Bom started to rub her head. "I'm sorry okay!" She stuck her tongue out. She was wearing a fly series raglan sleeve zip hoodie zipped all the way up with K-style baggy sweatpants, and deepstyle high top sneakers. "My bad." She adjusted her "G" applique baseball cap.

For Kai, he was utterly confused; he started to scratch his head. Kyungsoo turned to Kai and motioned towards Bom.

"Kai this is my best girl-friend Bom Park."

Bom salutes towards Kai. "Hey yah! Nice to meet you."

"Bom attends Seoul Music Academy."

Kai nodded. "Really?" Bom nodded.

"Yup! I want to be a singer and dancer!" She struck a pose and both boys laughed.

"Are you heading to the cafe?"

Bom nodded. "I was just there when I spot you. I was like, that is my Kyungsoo! So I ran." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and gestured Bom to follow.

The three of them made it to the cafe with Onew saying his daily "hello" to anyone who entered the cafe.

"Hey hyung." Kyungsoo waved at him. Onew waved at Kyungsoo and Kai.

"Back again Bom?"

"Hm. I ran into Kyungsoo. Might as well come back." Bom chuckled and took a free seat, while Kyungsoo and Kai did the same.

"Yah! Bom is back again?!" Ren came out with Baekho from the kitchen.

"Thats right Ren my dear!"

"Don't you have school? Or vocal practice?" Baekho asked as he adjusted his vest.

"Nope, not today." She took off her hat and shook her head to let her red hair fall. "Tomorrow before school starts. I have dancing practice."

They nodded.

"Oh by the way Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo turned to face Onew. "Bom here has been dying to have your awesome cupcakes. She kept asking and I've been telling her that we don't have any."

"Yeah Kyungsoo!" Bom turned to Kyungsoo. "Can you make some of your cupcakes? The ones with that strawberry filling inside and the vanilla frosting on top? Oh! And the one with the sprinkles that are shaped as hearts." She formed her heart into a heart. "Can you make me that? Please!!"

Everyone started to laugh. Kyungsoo wiped his eyes and nodded. "Sure, sure. You always ask me to make that for you. Why not try something --"

"No! They are absolutely the best! Ever since you made them for me, I couldn't eat another cupcake!"

Ren rolled his eyes. "Yeah right you just ate the chiffon cupcake when you were here."

Everyone chuckled and Bom rubbed the back of her head. "Okay, two cupcakes in the world that I would only eat."

Kai felt a little out of place; everyone was laughing with each other, while he just sat there.

'Of course, all of them know each other since forever.' Kai sighed.

Kyungsoo noticed; he asked if he was okay.

"Yeah I'm okay." Kai gave him a reassuring smile. Bom turned and placed her elbow on the table, resting he cheek on her hand.

"So…" Bom started off. "Are you guys dating or…"

Both Kyungsoo and Kai blushed at the question. Ren started to laugh, earning a few stares from the customers. Bom continued.

"'Cuz if you are, I totally approve. Kai was it? He is very handsome."

Kai turned a deep red and looked down on the table. Kyungsoo lightly slapped Bom's shoulder.

"Stop it. We aren't dating. Just friends."

"Oh." Bom said with a little disappointment in her voice. "You guys look good together."

Kyungsoo sighed and leaned over to Bom to pinch her cheeks.

"Ow ow!" Once Kyungsoo let go, Bom started to rub her cheeks. "Meanie much?"

Kai chuckled a little. Kyungsoo stood up from his seat and straighten out his shirt.

"I'll be right back. I'll make your precious cupcakes Bom."

Bom's eyes brighten. "Thank you!!"

Kyungsoo nodded and walked to the back. Onew motioned Ren to start making banana sheet cake and told Baekho to clean table 2 and 7. Kevin came in within a few minutes, out of breath, saying he was sorry for being late. Onew patted him on the back and just told him not to worry and get ready for work. Kevin nodded and rushed to the locker room to change. Onew left Bom and Kai at the table to be at the register.

Kai found it awkward to be with Bom since he just met her a few minutes ago. Bom broke the silence.

"So…how are you?"

"Erm, I'm fine."

"Got any big plans today since it is Friday and all…what do kids do these days? Stay at home and play games on their computer?"

Kai chuckled. They both started to warm up to each other, laughing here and there.

"So…how do you like Kyungsoo's desserts? Have you tried any?" Bom asked.

"They…are amazing." Kai nodded. "I just don't understand why he doesn't participate in the pastry contest."

Bom furrowed her brow. "The what?"

"The pastry contest and it is being held here. I asked him countless of times to go and do it, but he won't. He said it is just a waste of time, but I think he will do well in the contest. His desserts are absolutely out of this world. I swear!"

Kyungsoo returned with a tray in his hand. He grabbed the two cupcakes by their respective plates and gave them to Kai and Bom. Kyungsoo started to leave, but Bom stopped him.

"Kyungsoo! I think you should go and join."

Confused, he tilted his head. "Join what?"

"The pastry contest. Kai told me about it and I think you should go and join."

Kyungsoo looked at his friends and started to chuckle.

"Bom, it'll be a waste of time and --"

"Bom and Kai are right." Onew interrupted as he approached them with two drinks at hand; he handed them to Bom and Kai. "You should join."

Kyungsoo shook his head and let out a small smile. "Like I said…it would be a waste of time." With that, Kyungsoo walked away to the back.

Kai shook his head. "No…it wouldn't be a waste."

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

Getting there T u T;;