7

.the cupcake that brought us together.

Kyungsoo opened his door and let himself and Kai in.

“Nice house.” Kai said in awe as he looked around.

“Thanks.” Kyungsoo happily replied as he closed the door.

“Where should we work?” Kai turned back to Kyungsoo.

“In the living room would be great. Follow me.” Kyungsoo led the way and motioned Kai to take a seat. They both sat down and took out their notebooks and textbooks.

“Okay, let the studying begin.” Kai said as he opened both his notebook and textbook. He chuckled as he heard Kyungsoo groaned.

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

After 3 hours of a study session, Kai decided to do a break. Kyungsoo did a sigh of relief and leaned back in the couch. He was slightly getting it; he just hoped that it will stick.

“Kai, do you want some pastries and some coffee?”

Kai looked up from his notebook and placed the pen on the center table. “Sure, that would be great.” Kyungsoo nodded and got up from his seat. He skipped to the kitchen to gather pastries and coffee. Within a few minutes, Kyungsoo came back with a tray of the desserts and drinks.

“Here you go.” He gave a plate to Kai.

Kai thanked him and took the plate from Kyungsoo. He poked one of the sponge cakes and placed it on his plate. He started to eat the sponge cake and a smile formed on his lips; he looked at Kyungsoo.

“This is so good!”

Kyungsoo placed his cup of green tea on the table.

“Thank you. Glad that you liked it.”

“Yeah, this is the best sponge cake I have ever eaten.” Kai bit his sponge cake. “You know when you participate in the pastry contest, you should totally make this. I bet the judges will love it!” Kai said with a smile.

Kyungsoo chuckled. “Kai, I’m not participating in the competition.” He grabbed a cookie and chewed on it.

“Oh come on, why not?”

Kyungsoo giggled and sighed. “Kai…it just would be a waste of time okay?” He grabbed his notebook and pencil. “Let’s just get back to work okay?”

“But --”

“Please.” Kyungsoo tapped his pencil against his notebook. “Please just drop it Kai. Okay?”

Kai sighed and nodded. He took a small squared cookie and quickly chewed it. 

"Okay." Kai wiped his hand on his pant leg. "How many molecules of glucose, C6H12O6 molecular mass equals 180 daltons, would be present in 90 grams of glucose?" Kai looked up at Kyungsoo who stared at him with his signature look. 

"Um..." Kyungsoo quickly looked at his notes and flipped through the pages. "I know this! I swear!!"

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

After 2 more hours, they decided to call it done for today. Kai started to pack up his notebooks and his textbooks.

“Kai?”

Kai turned to face Kyungsoo who was stacking his textbooks together.

“Would you like to stay for dinner?”

Kai pondered. He didn’t want to intrude.

“Um…I dunno…--”

“You wouldn’t be intruding or anything if that is what you were thinking.” Kyungsoo stood up and smiled at Kai. “Think of it as a thank you for helping me study today.”

Kai smiled and nodded back at Kyungsoo.

“Okay, sure.”

“Great! What would you like?” Kyungsoo clapped his hands together.

“Erm…I dunno. Surprise me?”

Kyungsoo chuckled and nodded. He went to the kitchen to prepare the meal. Kai followed and asked if Kyungsoo needed any help.

“No, I’m fine. Besides you are the guest.”

“You sure? I could help and --”

“Ah ah ah!” Kyungsoo waved the spoon in front of Kai. “You are the guest. Now go sit and watch TV.”

“But --”

Kyungsoo pointed to the living room. “Go.”

Kai couldn’t help, but chuckle at Kyungsoo. “Okay okay, I’m going.” Kai headed to the living room and the TV. Once Kyungsoo was done, he placed the meal on the table.

“Kai! Dinner is ready!”

Kai turned his head over his shoulder. “Coming!” He shut off the TV and stood up. He smoothed out his shirt and started to head to the kitchen table. He was amazed at what Kyungsoo made. Kyungsoo turned to face Kai and smiled at him. Kai blushed a little when Kyungsoo gave him a smile.

“I made Hungarian chicken with smoked paprika and for dessert, apple crumble pie.” He motioned the meals on the table. “What would you like to drink? I can brew tea. Or would you like water? I have some soda in the fridge too.”

“Ah…water would be fine. This looks really good Kyungsoo. Did you really make this?” Kai took his seat while Kyungsoo went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

“Of course!” He placed the glass on the table. “Now eat up!”

Kai and Kyungsoo started to eat and chat until they heard the front door open.

“Kyungsoo? I am home!”

“In the kitchen dad!”

Kyungsoo’s father came to the kitchen and placed his briefcase on the counter.

“Oh?” His father spotted Kai. “Hello there. I’m Kyungsoo’s father. You are?”

“I’m…” Kai stood up from his seat and walked over to Kyungsoo’s father and shook his hand. “…Kai sir. I am a friend of Kyungsoo and his tutor for one of his subjects.”

“Tutor? What class?”

“I’m not doing well in biology dad…so Kai is tutoring me.”

“Oh…okay then.” His father turned to Kai and nodded. “Thank you for helping my son.”

“No problem.” Kai responded and sat back down in his seat.

“Dad, would you like to join us? There is still enough.” He lifted the Hungarian chicken to show to his father.

“Sure. Thank you.” Kyungsoo’s father went to one of the cabinets and got an extra plate. He sat down and started to eat along with them. They chatted for a while until Kai checked his watch.

“Oh, I have to go. It’s getting late.” Kai stood up and lifted his plate, but was taken by Kyungsoo.

“Would you like to take some home?” Kyungsoo pointed at the dessert with his free hand. “I can put it in a plastic plate for you.”

“Sure. Thank you.”

Kyungsoo walked to the kitchen and placed the empty plate in the sink. He got out a plastic plate from the cabinet and started to cut piece of the dessert. He placed on the plate and covered it with saran wrap.

“Here you go.” Kyungsoo gave the plate to Kai as picked up his back pack.

“Thanks. And thanks for the food.” He nodded at Kyungsoo’s father. “Nice meeting you sir.”

“Kai…” Kyungsoo’s father stood up and approached him. “…I can drive you home if you like.”

Kai shook his head. “No that’s okay; it is only a couple blocks down. I’ll be fine.”

“Okay. You sure?”

“I’m sure. Thank you.” Kai slipped in his shoes and Kyungsoo opened the door.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Kyungsoo.” Kai waved goodbye and started to head to his home. Kyungsoo watched as Kai started to walk down the road. He closed the door and went back to the kitchen to clean off the plates.

“He is a nice kid. Is he a good tutor?” Kyungsoo’s father asked as he passed his plate to Kyungsoo.

“Yeah he is really good.” Kyungsoo said with a smile.
 

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

Yay update(:

Hoped that you enjoyed it :3