5

.the cupcake that brought us together.

--3RD POV--

Kyungsoo was a few steps away from his house door. He took out his keys from his pants pocket and inserted the key to open the door.

"Dad! I'm home!"

Kyungsoo entered and locked the door. He took off his shoes and placed them neatly next to his dad's shoes.

"Oh Kyungsoo! Welcome home."

Kyungsoo's dad entered the living room from the dining room.

"How was school?"

Kyungsoo swung his backpack over and placed it on the couch.

"It was good. A lot of assignments to do."

Kyungsoo's dad nodded.

"That is senior life son. But first lets eat dinner. You are not full are you?"

Kyungsoo shook his head and followed his dad to the dining area. He carried his leftover crepe on the table and took off the saran wrap off. Both sat down in their seats and started to eat.

"Dad."

Kyungsoo's dad looked up from his food to look at Kyungsoo.

"Yes? Anything wrong? Did I cook the chicken wrong? Did I add to much lemon?"

Kyungsoo chuckled at his dad. His father wasn't much of cook even when Kyungsoo's mom was still with them. He tried to cook, but it usually ends up being burnt or sour or even too spicy. But he is trying his best.

"No dad it's fine. It's good actually. Um, it is about something else."

Kyungsoo rolled his piece of chicken back and forth with his chopstick.

"Um, I got this flyer from my teacher today."

"Oh?"

Kyungsoo's dad said as he took a sip of his water.

"Yeah. Um, it is a pastry competition."

"Kyungsoo's dad furrowed his brow and cleared his throat. He placed his glass back on the table.

"Hm."

"I…I was wondering…if I could join."

"Kyungsoo…"

"But dad please! It--"

"No Kyungsoo…you have to focus on school."

Kyungsoo sighed.

"Please dad --"

"Kyungsoo enough. I know you are great in baking and cooking, but please be reasonable. Baking and all in great, but do you think it will bring a lot of income?"

"Yes!" Kyungsoo said immediately. "It does! If you are great and unique enough, people will buy!"

"Kyungsoo…you are not the only baker out there. There are others and professional ones too. I'm sure you won't get hired." He snapped his fingers loudly, which caused Kyungsoo to jump slightly from his seat. "Just like that. You are competing against millions of bakers and professionals. Who do you think will get the job Kyungsoo. Who?"

"I --"

"The professional Kyungsoo. The professional!"

Kyungsoo sighed in defeat. His dad was right about that part. There are more bakers out there who are better than him. He might not be able to get a job."

"Even…lets say that you do go to a culinary school. Lets say that you did and you graduated and you got a job. You won't be working at a top restaurant like your dessert maker idol, Haewon --"

"Heajung dad."

"Whatever."

Kyungsoo's dad picked up his chicken with his chopsticks.

"People in this world need more doctors, nurses et cetera."

Kyungsoo looked up at his dad with a sad expression on his face. Both ate in silence.

--KYUNGSOO POV--

Once I finished my dinner, I rushed to the living room, grabbed my backpack, and ran upstairs to my room. I threw my backpack near my desk. I decided to fold some of my clothes that were on the floor first. I wanted to clear my head and get rid of the conversation that dad and I has just now.

"There."

I stacked my folded clothes and brought it to my drawers.

"Since that is already taken cared of…"

I walked over to my desk and opened my backpack. I took out my economics book and notebook. I saw the crumpled flyer and I unfolded it.

"I really want to."

I turned it over and read the information.

'Starts in two months from today."

I looked at my calendar that was pinned on the wall.

'Two…months from today. It's during our week break…oh…"

I glanced back at the information.

'The winner will earn scholarship money to the culinary academy of…what?! Paris, France?! I wonder how mu-- 19,351.40 euro?! That is…27,850,072 won!'

I groaned.

'Culinary Academy of Paris. The best school for anyone who wants to be in the culinary arts. What a great opportunity.'

I crumpled it up and I was about to throw it away, but I just couldn't. Ms. Bae's words kept repeating in my mind and so was Kai's words.

'Think about it they said…'

I tighten the flyer. Instead of throwing it away, I placed it on my bed and I took my economics book and notebook.

"If there were a decrease in the worldwide production of oil, which of the following would most likely occur."

I sighed. This is going to be a long night.

 


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆
(o´ω`o)ノ Hello~

I would just like to say thank you to the "Cupcake that brought us together" subscribers for…well subscribing. (/ω\)

I give you all a kiss (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Or a hug ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ

Have a nice day~ \(´▽`)ノ

notes~

19,351.40 euro / 27,850,072 won ~ $25,000

( Hope that was right ^^ )