4

.the cupcake that brought us together.

-- 3RD POV--

Both started to chat about other topics until they reached to their destination. Kyungsoo glanced over to his left and saw that there was an elderly man who was working in a small creperie. He saw how happy the elderly man was giving his crepes to a father and to his daughter and son.

"Kai, you want some crepe?"

Kyungsoo asked making Kai turn his head to see where Kyungsoo was pointing at.

"Crepe? What is that?"

Kyungsoo turned and gave his famous wide eyes.

"Y-you never had crepe?"

"Uh…no. I don't usually see small crepe stands in Korea. Or maybe I have and I didn't pay attention to it…"

Kyungsoo grabbed Kai's hand.

"Well come on! Lets get one! Kai you need to try it!"

Kyungsoo tugged Kai, making him blush. Once they reached the small creperie, Kyungsoo smiled at the elderly man.

"Hello sir, good afternoon!"

The elderly man nodded.

"Hello, welcome to my small creperie."

He motioned his sign.

"What would you boys like?"

Kyungsoo glanced over at Kai who was reading the menu, but was feeling a little overwhelmed. There were a lot of choices to choose from. Kyungsoo mentally chuckled and turned to the elderly man.

"Ah, I would like…the dessert crepe with the strawberry cream filling and…"

Kyungsoo looked over at Kai who was still undecided. He turned back to the owner.

"Excuse me for a minute."

The elderly man nodded.

"Take your time. No rush."

Kyungsoo nodded and faced Kai.

"Can't decide?"

Kai looked at Kyungsoo with a blush on.

"I…I…sorry. It is just I haven't tried crepe before. I don't know which to get and I…eh…my head is starting to hurt now."

Kai placed his hand on his head as he was whined.

"Whoa, calmed down there." Kyungsoo chuckled and patted his head.

"Don't hurt your pretty head."

"What?"

"I mean…"

Kyungsoo blushed and turned back to the menu.

'Jeez, calling him pretty. Well, calling his head pretty. It was quite pretty this morning. It was styled nicely too…YAH! Kyungsoo focus and choose a crepe from him!"

"I'll pick one for you."

Kyungsoo said as he searched.

"After all, I am the dessert expert in his duo."

Kai chuckled.

"Yes you are."

Kai stood close to Kyungsoo and also tried to look again for a crepe that he fancies.

"Ah! Found one! Sir!'

The elderly man turned.

"Ready?"

Kyungsoo nodded. "Yes, ah, he will have the almond coffee crepe."

"Okay, and what was yours again? I'm sorry, I forgot."

"Oh, it's fine, mine was the dessert crepe…strawberry cream filling."

"Ah, right right. It will be ready in a few. Anything to drink?"

Kyungsoo looked at Kai, in which he asked the owner:

"Do you have coffee?"

"I sure do. I have only 3 types of flavors though. I hope that is okay-I have hazelnut, vanilla nut and cream, and maple nut crunch."

"Hazelnut would be great. Kyungsoo? You want any?"

"Hot chocolate for me please."

The elderly man nodded and motioned them to take a seat at the open chairs and tables that were in front of the small creperie. Both sat and chatted awhile until Kyungsoo saw the elderly man walking towards them, holding 2 plates of their crepe. Kyungsoo stood up and helped the elderly man.

"Thank you son."

Kyungsoo gave a sweet smile at the owner.

"It is no problem." Kyungsoo placed both plates on the table.

The elderly man nodded until the three of them heard a voice calling.

"Ah, grandpa! Grandpa! I am sorry that I am late!"

A girl approached them and was panting due to the running that she did.

"Ah, Sohee, it is okay. Can you please make these boys some coffee? One hazelnut and one hot chocolate."

"Right away Grandpa!'

The girl whos name was Sohee ran to the small creperie and started to make the two drinks. Kyungsoo turned to the elderly man.

"Sir, how much it is total?"

The elderly man took out his small memo pad from his apron.

"Together, It is 6,142 won."

"I got it.'

Kyungsoo turned to Kai who was getting out his wallet. Kyungsoo was about to protest, but remembered that he forgot his wallet. He mentally punched himself.

"I'm sorry Kai, I'll pay you back!"

Kai paid the elderly man and looked at Kyungsoo.

"It is fine. No need, it is just 6,142 won. It is not like it is 33,565 won."

He chuckles and Kyungsoo sat down at the table.

"Here you guys go!"

Sohee walked out from the stand who two drinks at hand.

"Here are your drinks. One hazelnut and one hot chocolate."

She smiled at the both of them.

"Thank you!" Both Kai and Kyungsoo said at the same time.

"Oh!" Sohee started to clap. "That was so cute! You guys said it at the same time!"

Kyungsoo giggled while Kai took his hazelnut coffee and started to drink it.

"Have a nice day you two." Sohee said as she bowed to the both of them. She skips back to the creperie. Kyungsoo turned his attention back to Kai.

"Go on try it!"

Kai looked at him quizzically.

"I just did." He held up the hazelnut flavored coffee. "It is good actually. You want to taste?" He held it out for Kyungsoo to take. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and pushed back the coffee.

"Not that. That!"

He pointed at the almond coffee crepe.

"Try it." Kyungsoo took the fork from Kai's plate and cut up the crepe into small pieces. He poked one piece and handed the fork to Kai.

"Here you go."

Kyungsoo smiled. Kai grabbed the fork and placed it in his mouth. He chewed and shallowed. Kyungsoo, being his owl self, leaned in with his wide eyes, waiting for Kai's reaction.

"It is good." Kai replied with a surprised tone. "I thought it would taste weird to be honest."

Kyungsoo gasped.

"You doubt the dessert expert?"

He started to pout and Kai chuckled. Kai got another piece and placed it at Kyungsoo's mouth.

"Want to try? It is rea--"

Before Kai could finish Kyungsoo bit on the piece and started to chew on it rapidly. Kyungsoo cupped his cheeks and started to pat it. He wiggled in place.

"So…good!!"

Kyungsoo looked up at Kai and realized that he was being stared at.

"Um…sorry about that."

Kai laughed. He started to wipe away the tears that were about to fall from his eyes.

"Oh my…that was funny. It was so adorable!" Kai pointed at Kyungsoo. "And you can't say that it wasn't 'cuz it was freakin' adorable."

Kyungsoo blushed and rolled his eyes. He picked up his fork and started eating his crepe.

"In all seriousness." Kai started to say as he wiped his mouth with the napkin. "It is really good. You know your desserts well."

"Why thank you."

Kyungsoo started to drink his hot chocolate.

"Ah,  Kyungsoo…um, when I was holding your backpack while you were getting your economics book, a crumpled flyer fell out."

"Oh?"

Kai nodded. "The Patisserie competition. Why don't you join?"

Kyungsoo placed his drink on the table.

"Hm. Nah."

"Nah? Why?"

"Hm…just nah."

Kai furrowed his brow.

"Why?"

"It's just…"

Kyungsoo placed his fork down.

"…I would just be a distraction is all. To my studies."

Kai didn't believe him.

"But…you love baking and stuff. It will be a great opportunity to participate."

Kyungsoo looked down.

"It would, but my dad won't like it."

"Your dad? Why won't he like it? He doesn't approve you doing this kind of stuff?"

"No he does--"

"Then what is the problem?"

"He likes my baking skills…it just that since it is my senior year, he wants me to focus more on my studies so I can go to a good medical school. Doing this would just be a distraction to my studies. Even though I want to and go to a culinary school…"

Kyungsoo said as he mumbled the last sentence hoping that Kai didn't hear him.

'Oh…the old you-go-to-a-great-university-and-become-a-doctor-or-a-lawyer-or-something-that-makes-great-money thing.' Kai said mentally to himself. He sighed.

"But…think…think about Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo picked up his fork again and started to munch on his crepe.

"Hm." Is all Kyungsoo said.

After a few minutes, a ringtone of 'LOL' by Block B played.

"Oh thats me!"

Kyungsoo dug into his pants and took out his cell. He looked to see who it was and it happened to be his dad.

"Excuse me for a minute."

Kai nodded at he poked a piece from Kyungsoo's plate, wanting to try his crepe.

"Hello?"

"Kyungsoo? Where are you? It is getting late."

"I'm at the park dad."

"By yourself?"

"No. I'm with a friend."

Kyungsoo glanced up at Kai who was chewing and looking at the fountain on his left.

'He is…really handome.'

Kyungsoo started to blush.

"Kyungsoo?"

"Y-yeah?"

"Please come home now okay. It is getting late."

'Jeez, dad treats me like I'm some girl…'

"Alright dad. I'll see you in a bit."

"Okay, walk safe. Bye."

"Bye."

Kyungsoo closed his cell and looked up at Kai who was now staring at him.

"I…have to go now. It is kinda getting late and all."

Kai nodded and took the last bite of his almond coffee crepe and drank the rest of his coffee. Kyungsoo walked over the small creperie.

"Excuse me."

Sohee turned.

"Oh. Yes? Would you like anything else?"

"Ah, can I have saran wrap? Or tin foil?"

Sohee nodded and handed him a piece of saran wrap.

"Thank you."

Kyungsoo walked back and wrapped his leftover crepe. He quickly drank the rest of his hot chocolate. Kai handed him back his backpack.

"Thanks. Oh and thanks for paying. I swear I'll pay you back."

Kai waved it off. "No need."

"What if I paid you in sweets?"

Kai pondered for a bit and smiled.

"Yeah. That would be okay."

"Great!"

Kyungsoo swung his backpack over his shoulder.

"I'll see you later."

"Bye. Have a good night."

Kyungsoo waved and started to walk away while Kai did the same. 

 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

ヽ(´▽`)ノ
6,142 won ~ $5.50
33,565 won ~ $30.00
(hopefully both are right ^^)