10

.the cupcake that brought us together.

Notice about my 2 week break is now over(: Enjoy the chapter.
I also realized that I said in my last chapter that the man sitting with Kai now has dark brown hair…I meant to say that he has…chestnut hair colored. XD yeah. Lol okay onward to the story.

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

“So this is the ever famous café! It’s cute!” Luhan said while looking around. He ended up meeting his step-brother, Kai, at the café. Kai told his step-brother that he wanted to take him to the café, but Luhan never had the time.

“So where is the guy that you are crushing on?” Luhan looked back and forth with a smile on his face.

“Hyung!! Shh!! Stop speaking so loud” Kai quickly leaned over and placed his hand over Luhan’s mouth. He didn’t want anyone, especially Kevin, Baekho, or Onew to know.

“Jeez,” Luhan leaned back and wiped his mouth clean. “Why?”

“I haven’t told anyone…well, by anyone I mean those that work here.” Kai said blushing while looking down at the table.

Luhan nodded, understanding what Kai meant. “So, what does this kid look like? Is he one of the waiters here?”

Kai shook his head. “He is working in the back. He is a baker here.” He continued to explain what Kyungsoo looked like. “He has dark brown hair and owl set eyes.” Kai started to chuckle. “I once about his eyes --”

“Kai! That’s mean! Don’t .” Luhan said while crossing his arms. “Teasing is bad.”

Kai ended up chuckling at the older man. “It wasn’t bad. I promise. It was like a friendly teasing. I just said that his eyes were big and he ended up covering his eyes. It was cute to be honest.”

Luhan rolled his eyes, but he ended up chuckling. Soon, Kevin approached their table with an angelic smile on his face.

“Hey Kai, you want anything?” 

In which Kai politely shook his head. He turned to Luhan and asked if he wanted anything. “Oh Kevin,” Kai turned to look at Kevin again. “This is my older step-brother, Luhan.”

Kevin bowed at the man. “Hello! I’m Kevin Woo. Nice to meet you.”

Luhan smiled and nodded at him. “Nice to meet you.”

“Is there anything that you want from our display case?” Kevin motioned the display case.

“Hm. Can I have the chocolate cheesecake?” Luhan asked the waiter.

Kevin nodded. “You sure can. I’ll bring that right up for you.” Kevin smiled and walked off to get Luhan’s dessert.

“Kevin is Kyungsoo’s best friend.” Kai mentioned in which Luhan nodded. “He is really nice. Kyungsoo introduced us I think on the first day of school. I can’t remember exactly when, but I just remembering being introduced to him. Anyway he is just --”

“Okay okay.” Luhan said with a chuckle. “Sounds like you adore Kevin more than the one you are crushing on.”

Kai shook his head. “I-it’s not like that. Kevin has a boyfriend in the states.”

“I’m just kidding you know.” Luhan ended up laughing at his step-brother. Kai pouted and crossed his arms, making Luhan laugh even more.

“Kai?”

 Both Kai and Luhan turned to see a beautiful lady passing by.

“Erm…hello?” Kai tilted his head in confusion. “I’m sorry do I know you?”

“It’s me! Bom!”

“What?!” Kai looked at Bom up and down. “You look so different! You look girly than the last time I saw you.”

Bom wore a red color wool-blend sleeveless dress and belt with black long sleeve shirt. Accompanied with black tights and rhinestone heeled red pumps.

“Well, thanks Kai for the lovely complement.”  Bom brushed her bangs out of her eyes. “I have interview prep class later today, so I had to dress up all nice.” Kai ended up nodding; Bom looked over at spotted Luhan in which she tilted her head.

“Is this your boyfriend?”

Both Kai and Luhan blushed and quickly shook their heads. “N-no!” Kai said. “This is my older step-brother Luhan!”

Luhan nodded at Bom. “Just step-brothers. Besides, Kai like baker here, Kyungsoo!”

“Luhan!!” Kai covered his face in embarrassment. “Oh god.”

Bom squealed with excitement. “I knew it! You so like him! I had a feeling that you were lying!”

“B-Bom noona! Stop!” Kai whined. “Please don’t saying anything. I don’t want anyone to know, especially Kyungsoo. I‘m still nervous in telling him.” Bom started to pout.

“Why are you nervous? Just tell him!”

“Not yet. But I will okay? Just don't saying to him or the others okay.”

Bom sighed, but nodded. Soon Kevin returned with a plate of Luhan’s chocolate cheesecake.

“Here you go. That will be 3807.20 won.” While Kai fished out his wallet to pay for his step-brother’s cheesecake, Kevin complemented on Bom’s outfit.

“Thank you Kevin. Oh by the way, can I have a small box of pastries to go please. I want my classmates to taste Kyungsoo and Ren’s goodies.”

Kevin nodded and took the money that Kai gave him; he went to the back to get freshly made pastries. While the 3 chatted, instead of Kevin coming back, Kyungsoo came holding onto a small blue box with a big star on top of it. He approached at the table with a small smile, yet it felt like he was sad.

“Ah…Bom noona…here you go. Oh and you look good.” He handed the box to Bom, in which she gladly accepted.

“Thank you! Oh good you put the Lemoncello cupcake in there! My classmate Tao said that his favorite cupcake of all time, he will surely like this.”

Kyungsoo nodded. “Yeah. It is freshly made so I thought why not.”

Bom smiled. “Thanks Kyungsoo.” With that, she waved goodbye to the 3 males and headed off. Kyungsoo was about to return to his duties, but before he could, Kai stopped him.

“Kyungsoo, this is my step-brother, Luhan.” He gestured the male before him. Kyungsoo looked at Luhan with wide eyes.

“Y-your step-brother.”

“Yup.” Kai nodded; he turned to Luhan, telling him that the boy before them is Kyungsoo.

“Nice to meet you Kyungsoo.” Luhan said with a bright smile on his face.

‘So this is the guy. He is just his step-brother!’ Kyungsoo did a mini cheer in his mind, but then realized that he hasn’t responded back to Kai’s step-brother. “N-nice to meet you too.” Kyungsoo let out a sigh of relief. “I apologize, but I have to get back to work.” With that Kyungsoo bowed and retuned back to the kitchen.

“So that is him huh?” Luhan asked as he watched Kyungsoo enter the back. “He looks so adorable with those owl eyes!”

Kai nodded. “I know right?”

“Did you hear that though?” Luhan asked as he tuned to face Kai.

“Uh…him saying that he has to go back to work?”

Luhan shook his head. “No, he sighed.”

“Sighed…so?”

“He sighed in relief Kai.” Luhan started to say as he took a bite out of his chocolate cheesecake. “He probably…he probably thought that you and I were dating or something and he was relieved to know that I was your step-brother.”

Kai furrowed his brow. “How are you so sure --”

“I just know Kai. Trust me on this one.”

“Sure. Okay. Jeez. Finished your chocolate cheesecake.”

Luhan pouted and continued to finish his dessert. Kai leaned back and pondered what Luhan said.

‘Is he right? I did hear him sigh…But why would though? Did he see Luhan already? He probably did.’

“You know,” Luhan said as he dabbed the corners of his mouth with a napkin. “He is probably happy that you are still single. Actually…is he even gay?”

Kai nodded. “Yes he is. He mentioned it me once.”

“Okay, just making sure. Anyway, he is probably excited. Now your job is to ask him out.”

Kai looked up with wide eyes. “M-me?! Why me?”

“I dunno. Feels like it should be you.” Luhan finished the last piece of the chocolate cheesecake. “It’s not that hard Kai. All you do is ask. He either says yes or no.”

“Yeah that is the worst part.” Kai sighed. “He will say no.”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “I highly doubt that. He likes you.”

“Okay this sounds like you have some mother instinct or whatever.”

“I like to call it step-brother instinct. He likes you.” Luhan stood up from his seat. “Anyway, I won’t be home at the regular time.”

Kai raised his eye brow. “Where are you going?”

“Club. It’s Nana’s birthday today so we are meeting at that new club that is near by Lucite Tokki restaurant.”

“Fine,” Kai sighed. “Just don’t drink too much got it.”

Luhan nodded. “I know.” He started to chuckle. “Shouldn’t I be the one saying that? I am older you know.”

“I may be younger, but I am smarter and I personally think that drinking is so un-cool.” Kai chuckled because he knew that he was right, making Luhan pout. “Run along now. Remember hyung…don’t over do it with the alcohol.”

Luhan nodded and walked out of the café. Kai watched as his step-brother disappeared in the crowd. He turned to see Baekho coming over.

“Hey. Just here to take this.”

Kai nodded. “Thanks.”

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

It was already closing time and as promised, Kai stayed and waited for Kyungsoo.

“You waited.” Kyungsoo said softly, but enough for Kai to hear.

“Of course I did. Why? You thought I left?”

Kyungsoo slightly blushed. “I just thought that you would hang out with your step-brother.”

“Nah.” Kai waved his hand. “Even if he was free…I would rather spend it with you.”

Kyungsoo had to turn his head away to prevent Kai from seeing his all red face. “I-is that so.”

Kai nodded; he turned his head to face Onew, telling him that they will be going now.

“Okay guys. Be careful! Night!” Onew said with a smile on his face.

Kai opened the door for Kyungsoo and they both started to head home. As they were walking in silence, Kai decided to break the awkward silence between them. “Did you eat?”

“Huh? N-no...not yet actually. Ren had me working hard on the pastries today that I didn’t have time to take a break.”

“Oh? Well, why don’t I cook something for you back in my place.”

Kyungsoo turned his head and tilted his head. “You can cook?”

“Erm, sort of…okay no…I can’t.”

Kyungsoo chuckled a bit. “Then why offer?”

Kai started to pout. “Actually, I was just gunna serve us ramen…since that is all I can basically make.”

Kyungsoo started to laugh. “Ramen? Kai it isn’t really healthy to eat.” He wipe a tear from his eye. “Why don’t I cook us something to eat hm?”

“S-sure.”

“Great!” Kyungsoo started to head the opposite direction. “Let’s go to the store first and pick up ingredients.” Kai nodded and followed the older to the closest food store.

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

“Okay…I need some chicken s, cheese, and pesto. Oh and bacon.” Kyungsoo said as he grabbed a basket.

“Lemme carry that.” Kai offered, in which Kyungsoo tried to deny, but Kai insisted. “Just gimmie the basket.”

“Fine. Here.” Kyungsoo gave the basket to the younger and they proceeded to do their shopping. Kyungsoo got the essentials while Kai snuck in a few snacks in the basket. However, he was caught by the older.

“I’ll pay you back. I swear.”

Kyungsoo chuckled and nodded. “Fine.”

They reached the checkout counter; Kyungsoo started to unpack the basket, when Kai came back with a box of European cookies.

“Can we get this?” Kai asked as he showed Kyungsoo the box.

“Yeah sure. Just placed them with the others.” Kyungsoo responded as he swung his bag over to get his wallet.

The cashier smiled at the two. “Oh you guys are just adorable.” She said while giggling. “Like a perfect husband and wife.”

Kyungsoo and Kai blushed at the comment. The older of the two shook his head. “W-we aren’t married miss.”

“Oh. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to offend you. You guys just seem like the perfect couple you know.” The cashier bowed. “I’m sorry.”

Kai chuckled. “It’s fine. But you think we look good together?”

The cashier nodded. “I’m sorry, but you guys do.”

Kai nodded. “In that case,” He placed his arm around Kyungsoo’s waist and smiled at the cashier. “We are a couple.”

Both Kyungsoo and the cashier stared at Kai with a confused look on their faces.

“Kai!” Kyungsoo stuttered at the younger while having a full on blush on his face.

“B-but I thought you said that you guys weren’t a cou--”

“Here” Kai handed her some money from his pocket. “I think it is a little much, but keep the change I guess.” He quickly placed the money in her hand and Kai started to bag all the things that he and Kyungsoo got. “Let’s go honey!” Kai ran towards the exit, leaving a still confused Kyungsoo and a cashier.

“I…erm, I’m so sorry about him. I dunno what is going on with his head.” Kyungsoo said as he bowed at the cashier.

“It’s fine. Um…here. Lemme get you your change.” She punched in the numbers and gave the change to Kyungsoo along with the receipt.

“Thank you.”

The cashier nodded and waved goodbye. Kyungsoo exited the store, trying to find his so called boyfriend. The older slightly blushed.

‘What did Kai mean when he said that we are a couple? Does he like me back or something?’ Kyungsoo started to form a smile, but soon it was replaced with a sad one. ’What if it was just to play along with what the cashier lady said…’ Kyungsoo sighed and looked for Kai. He soon spotted him sitting on a bench with the plastic bags still in his hands.

“Kai!”

Kai looked up to see Kyungsoo running towards him. He stood up, adjusting the bags in his hands. “Ready?”

“Erm, yeah. Here lemme carry one.” Kyungsoo reached over to grab a bag, but only to have Kai pull it away.

“I’ll carry it okay. Besides it isn’t that heavy.” Kai started to walk, but noticed that Kyungsoo wasn’t following.

“Kyungsoo. Come on.”

“Right. Sorry.” Kyungsoo caught up with Kai and started to walk beside him.

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

As always...sorry if it doesnt make any sense. I started to get a little sleepy. LOL Im always typing early in the morning. Right now it is 03:11 xD oh man...yeah. anyway...i hope that you at least enjoyed it.

comment if you like & mistakes = sorry ; 3 ;