9

.the cupcake that brought us together.

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

"And why not? Come on Kyungsoo, there is no harm in trying." While walking back home, Kai tried once again to persuade Kyungsoo in participating the pastry contest. Kai grabbed Kyungsoo by the wrist and turned him around. "Just wait!"

"Kai…please. I already said that it would be a waste of time. School is far more important. My father -- "

"Your father. Your father is the one right? The one who is making you refuse this?"

Kyungsoo shrugged. "Well, he made me open my eyes. Seriously, cooking…baking, they are merely hobbies. You can't turn a hobby into an occupation."

Kai shook his head and released his grip on Kyungsoo's wrist. "You know…people who do jobs that they love become more happier. Do you think you will be happy doing a job that your father wants you do?"

'No.'

"Of course I'll be happy."

Kai shook his head once again. "No, you're lying. I've seen people who's hobbies turned out to be their occupation. You know how they did it? They worked hard. They participated in contests to strength their skill sets. They studied. Their passion is what drove them." Kai pointed at Kyungsoo. "I know you love it. I can see it in those big eyes of yours."

"Hey!" Kyungsoo covered his eyes. "My eyes are normal size thank you very much!!"

Kai chuckled and brought Kyungsoo's hands down. "I know. I know." It disappointed Kai a bit to see someone gave up what they loved most and follow what their parents says or what society says is right. He believed that people should follow their dreams; strive for it. "If you need money like an entrance fee then I'll help pay for it. Just go and participate. Those prizes, I bet people would kill for that prize."

"It is." Kyungsoo said with a small smile forming on his face. "It's a great prize."

"Then go get it before someone steals it away from you!!" Kai said as he failed his arms.

Kyungsoo slightly chuckled, but deep in his mind, his father was telling him that finding a job with a promising income is better. "That's…it's okay with me if someone got it." With that Kyungsoo started to walk away.

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

Kyungsoo was frosting some of the cupcakes that he just made for the cafe.

"And…there." Kyungsoo placed the last puffy frosting on the cupcake. "Perfection."

Kyungsoo turned around and placed the last two cupcakes on the tray to be brought out in the front. He placed them neatly, side by side. Kyungsoo sighed. Of course he wanted to do the pastry contest; doing all of that cooking or baking was like his, in a way, escape just like Bom with her dancing and singing. He placed the last cupcake on the display case and closed it.

"Thanks Kyungsoo." Onew said while holding onto a cup of hot chocolate. He handed the cup to Kyungsoo and grabbed the tray from his hands. "Why don't you take a break? You've been working since you clocked in."

Kyungsoo smiled. "Okay…thank you for this." He started to head towards a table and sat down. He drank his cup and gazed at the happy customers.

"Hm…I wonder where Kai is." Kyungsoo said quietly to himself as he closed his eyes. They haven't hung out since they had the conversation, which was 2 weeks ago. Sure, they would see each other at school, but they wouldn't talk. He started to miss him. Kyungsoo shook his head to get rid of the blush that was forming on his face.

'No way. He is probably busy. Yeah that is right. He is just busy with stuff. Yeah.'

Kyungsoo nodded. He opened his eyes and saw Kai sitting across from him. He jumped in his seat, making him fall on the white tiled floors.

"Whoa! Kyungsoo are you alright?!" Kai quickly got off from his seat and helped Kyungsoo up.

"Y-yeah, you just scared the living crap outta me!! Don't do that!" Kyungsoo said with a full red blush on. He turned around and started apologizing to the customers around him. Kyungsoo took his seat and Kai did the same.

"What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo said. "Erm, I mean…where have you been?"

Kai chuckled. "Why? You missed me or something."

"Pfff. As if." Kyungsoo looked away, resting his hand on the cup of still hot chocolate. 'No way…no way that I missed you. Hmpt!'

"I'm sorry. I was helping my step-brother. He was sick for the past 2 weeks. And I've been stressed… and kinda busy with school work and my job --"

"You have a job?"

Kai nodded. "Yeah. I work along side with my step-brother. He is a florist. So…I had to help out with the shop and delivering flowers."

"Oh…I see."

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I would have told you, but I guess I kinda forgot."

Kyungsoo shook his head. "Its fine. I was…just worr -- I mean, wondering where you were."

"Worried?" Kai smiled. "You were worried about me?"

"Well…Erm, yeah of course!" Kyungsoo grabbed his cup and started to drink his drink. Kai started to laugh and turned around in his seat. Kyungsoo raised his eye brow and brought the cup down to the table. What made Kyungsoo turn into a tinge of pink is when Kai presented a small bouquet of flowers.

"Here. It is a…hm, well, 'I am sorry for worrying you' flowers."

"I…er…um…t-thanks." He leaned over and grabbed the beautiful set of flowers. He took a whiff of the flowers. They smelled divine.

"Oh wow!" Kyungsoo turned around and saw Kevin looking over his shoulder. "Those are really pretty! Kyungsoo you are lucky." He said with a pout.

"Ah…well --"

"Hey! What is going…whoa, so Kai finally made a move or something?" Ren peaked over Kevin's shoulder and saw a set of flowers in Kyungsoo's hands. "Pfff. Baekho bought me bigger ones than that."

"Ren, that isn't nice." Baekho said while ruffling his head. "They are great flowers. They smell good by the way."

Kai beamed at the people before him. Kyungsoo stood up and grabbed his cup with his free hand. "I have to get back to work, but…you will be here right? When I get done?"

"Yeah. Of course." Kai said with a smile. He shoo'd him to work and the rest of the employees went to work as well. Kyungsoo quickly went to the locker room and placed the flowers that Kai gave him.

'That was…awfully nice of him.' He placed them carefully in his locker and closed it. He quickly left the locker room to go to the kitchen. 'Oh wait…which do I need to make more of? Was it the raspberry-pear dessert? No...it was banana split dessert rolls...or...dang it. I'll just check. '

Kyungsoo went back to the display case, only to be shocked to see Kai talking to dark brown haired person. 'Huh? Who is that?' He slowly stepped back, towards the kitchen. He started to feel sad. 'That was probably his…boyfriend? No wait…is he even…' Kyungsoo shook his head. 'Maybe it was another friend? Or his cousin? But what if it isn't?!'

"Oy Kyungsoo!" Kyungsoo looked up to see Ren, taking out the cookies from the oven. "Stop dazing and help me!!"

"R-Right. Coming." Kyungsoo trotted his way to the table and started frosting some of the cookies.

'Why am I even…thinking about that? It's not my business anyway.' Kyungsoo pouted, but shook his head.

"Yah!! Careful!! You are over frosting the cookie!!" Ren pointed at the poor cookie; Kyungsoo quickly looked down and his eyes went wide as an owl.

"Ah! My bad!!"

Ren rolled his eyes and stuck out his hand. "Gimmie. I'll do it."

Kyungsoo handed over the frosting and sighed. 'I should really clear my head.'

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

Sorry that this is short. T T It's getting there Q A Q