11

.the cupcake that brought us together.

Kai opened the door to his and Luhan’s nice apartment. He couldn’t get rid of the event that happened at the mini store.

‘Oh god…Kyungsoo is probably mad at me…or grossed out by me.’ He sighed. ‘Good going Kai…just…good going.’ He whined a bit, making sure Kyungsoo didn’t hear.

Kyungsoo placed the bags in the kitchen and turned to Kai, seeing him making a face.

“Are you okay?”

“What?” Kai looked up. “I’m sorry. What was that?”

Kyungsoo smiled a bit. “I asked if you were okay. You were making a face.”

“Oh…I’m fine.” Kai said while placing the bags on the counter. “Just fine.” He went to the kitchen and placed his coat on the chair. Kai took a seat and leaned against the table, with his elbow on the table top. Kyungsoo took out the contents from the bag and looked up, only to chuckle when seeing Kai resting. Kai glanced at Kyungsoo. “Why are you laughing?”

“Nothing. You look tired.”

“It was quite…a walk?”

“If you say so.”  Kyungsoo took out the chicken s and the pesto. As he was preparing, Kai stood up and went to the kitchen drawer with all the utensils. He grabbed a knife and stood next to Kyungsoo.

“What are you doing?” Kyungsoo looked up at Kai, who grabbed the other chicken .

“Helping. I wanna be useful.” Kai started to say.

“Oh, well thank you.” Kyungsoo smiled. They continued to prepare their dinner; with Kyungsoo instructing Kai what to do. While Kai did what Kyungsoo wanted him to do, Kyungsoo was replaying the events that happened at the mini store. The words ‘boyfriend’ and “Couple’ kept popping in his mind. ‘Are we a couple…does he want to be a couple? But…does Kai even swing that way? He never told me.’ Kyungsoo scrunched his nose at the thought of Kai not telling him. ‘I thought friends were suppose to tell each other everything.’

“Ow!”

Kyungsoo’s thoughts were interrupted; he turned to Kai, who was holding onto his finger. “What happened?”

“I-I accidentally cut myself with the k-knife.” Kai showed a discomfort on his face.

“Lemme see.” Kyungsoo placed the knife that he was holding on the cutting board and inspected his cut. “It’s not that bad.” He led Kai to the sink and started to wash the blood that was oozing out from his finger. “Do you have --”

“It’s in that cabinet.” Kai pointed with his free hand. Kyungsoo let go of Kai’s hand to get the medicine and band aid.

“Here,” Kyungsoo took Kai’s hand and started to dry it off with a towel. He started to clean off his hand, while Kai mentally slapped himself. He was very careful with the kitchen utensils, especially with the knife, but his eyes could not stop taking glances at the boy beside him, making him slightly cut his finger.

“You will be find now.” Kyungsoo smiled at Kai. “Be careful next time. Okay?”

Kai nodded. “Sorry…about that.” He was feeling slightly embarrassed, but decided to change the subject. He glanced over at Kyungsoo, who was cutting a pocket in the chicken and inserting in the pesto.  “K-Kyungsoo.”

“Hm?” He turned to face the boy beside him with a smile and started to wipe his hands on the towel. “Yes?”

Kai was debating whether or not he should ask Kyungsoo if he has feelings for him; he was planning on telling him, like what Luhan said, but was scared of thought of Kyungsoo rejecting him. While Kai was having his mini debate in his head, Kyungsoo chuckled softly; watching Kai scrunch his nose was probably the cutest thing he ever saw.

“Kai.” He said as he tugged on his sleeve, making the younger turn. “You were saying?”

“W-what?”

“You called my name, but…didn’t really say anything.”

“Oh! R-right. Um…” ‘Alright you can do this.’ “I…erm,” ‘Come on Kai! Just spit it out!’ “I really…” ‘Just spit it out!!’ “ I really like kimchi!”

Kyungsoo widen his eyes at the sudden outburst. “K-Kimchi?”

‘Oh great going. Kimchi?' Kai mentally slapped himself. “W-wait I…what I meant was --”

“I can make you my kimchi spaghetti next time if you like. I mean, we did get the chicken, it would be a waste to --”

“No! I mean…Kyungsoo I really really really like you!”

Kyungsoo widen his eyes, blushing a bit, but soon chuckled some. “Well, I like you too.”

“I…erm, I don’t think you understand what I mean.” Kai looked down while he fiddled with his hands. “I meant I like you as…um, as more as friend.” He said softly, but enough for Kyungsoo to hear.

“W-wait…you like…like me? You like me?” Kyungsoo said as he leaned close to Kai, not taking his eyes off from him. Kai quickly nodded his head.

“Y-yes?”

It took awhile for Kyungsoo to process the confession that Kai just gave. ‘He…he likes me! Likes…me!’ A smile started to form on his face. He leaped towards Kai, wrapping his arms around his neck; Kai, himself, was quite surprised at the sudden action.

“So…--”

“I like you too!” Kyungsoo said, cutting him off. “And I mean the love kind. The ‘love-love’ one.”

“The…the ‘love-love’ kind?”

Kyungsoo nodded. “Very much the ‘love-love’ kind.”

Kai stared at Kyungsoo; a smile started to form on his face and hugged Kyungsoo tightly. He pulled back only to be surprised once again to feel Kyungsoo press his lips up against his. By seconds, Kyungsoo pulled back and slightly blushed.

“Sorry,” He placed his hand over his mouth. “I c-couldn’t resist.”

Kai chuckled and embraced Kyungsoo once more. “I didn’t mind. In fact…I quite liked it.” Kyungsoo chuckled.

“Good. That is how it should be.”

Both Kai and Kyungsoo laughed, but soon were interrupted by growl from Kai’s stomach.

“We better hurry and make our dinner or else we will starve.” Kyungsoo quickly went back to his chicken, continuing to cut a pocket in the chicken . Kai chuckled and tapped on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, making the older turn his head around.

“Yes?”

“Erm…we…are boyfriends right?”

Kyungsoo chuckled. “If you want to.” Kai nodded his head quickly, making Kyungsoo laugh. “Then we are definitely boyfriends.”

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

Within a couple of days, both Kai and Kyungsoo went on simple dates, from movies to walks in the park. They announced to their friends that they were now a couple, in which Bom squealed in excitement, saying how finally Kai made a confession. Kyungsoo’s father accepted them when the couple told him, saying how he was happy for them both. Luhan was, as well, happy for them; he told Kyungsoo that if Kai ever does anything to hurt him, to tell him, in which Kyungsoo chuckled and nodded.

As Kai and Kyungsoo were working on their assignment at Kyungsoo’s house. Once again, Kai brought up the contest again.

Kyungsoo pouted. “I thought we would drop this.”

“Hm. No. I will keep on trying.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and continued to work on his school work. Soon, a beep was heard, making Kyungsoo turn to his side to see his cell phone. “Hm…my cell phone needs to recharge. I‘ll be right back.” The older excused himself and went to his room to charge his cell phone. Kai nodded and watched as the older went up stairs. Once Kyungsoo was out of Kai’s sight, he quickly grabbed Kyungsoo’s laptop and searched for the pastry contest.

“There you are.” He said softly. Thankfully remembered what the flyer looked like and its logo.  He clicked on the site and was happy to know that there was an online registration.

‘I could register for Kyungsoo…but he would get mad at me.’ Kai thought. He debated, but at the end, he knew that Kyungsoo would thank him later. He clicked on the registration button and placed Kyungsoo’s information in.

‘Thank god that they are simple.’

He submitted the online form and nodded. ‘He will thank me later.’ Kai took his pen and wrote down the date that it will take place and the direction.

‘Oh.’ Kai looked closer at the date. ‘During our break….next weekend….3 days of competition.’ He quickly turned his head when he heard Kyungsoo coming down the steps; he quickly exited out of the site and placed the laptop back where it belonged. He grabbed his books and paper and pretended to work on his assignment.

“Sorry that it took so long.” Kyungsoo said while he took his seat. “While I put the charger in, my cell phone rang.”

“It’s fine.” Kai smiled at him. He remembered about the date of the pastry contest. “Hey Kyungsoo.”

“Hm?” He looked up at the younger. “What is it?”

“Are you doing anything next week? Specifically…the weekend.”

Kyungsoo pondered, but shook his head. “No…why?”

“Great!” ‘This will be perfect.’ “Do you want to go to the center of the city with me? We can stay somewhere and shop around and stuff. Just you and me.”

“R-really?”

Kai nodded. “Well, yeah. Would you like to go with me?” He prayed that Kyungsoo would say yes or else his plan would not work.

“S-sure. I would love too.”

‘Yes!!’ “Great!” He just hoped that nothing will go wrong.

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

Days later, Kai went to a culinary store, holding onto a piece of paper. This morning he went back onto the site and checked the requirements that was needed.

‘Cooking supplies…Damn…and I would have to find a place were we can sleep‘ He scratched his head ‘…preferable a good place. Well, the site did recommend EXO hotel. And the prices are good. I should check it out.’

Kai didn’t have that much money, but when he told their friends, they were willing to help him out, but took a lot of convincing in Ren‘s part. At the end, he was willing to give him some money. Even Luhan was supportive and gave Kai some money.

“Okay…and this.” Kai grabbed the kitchen utensil and placed it in his basket. “Four down.” Kai crossed the word out and continued with his shopping.

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was with Kevin, studying at a café. Kyungsoo sighed, making Kevin look up from his work.

“You okay?”

Kyungsoo was about to nod, but quickly shook his head. “I’m tired of studying.”

Kevin chuckled. “Just survive this week. We are almost done.”

“I know.” He nodded and quickly smiled. “I can’t wait for the weekend.”

“Why?”

“Kai and I are going to the center of the city on the weekend. I’m just excited!”

Kevin nodded and smiled at the teen in front of him, knowing very well what will be happening.

--- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) --- (KAISOO) ---

comment if you like~

mistakes = ; 3 ; im sorry

slowly getting there!!