characters

.the cupcake that brought us together.

 

Kyungsoo Do

A gay 17 year old boy who is soon starting his senior year - He is fairly smart, has a mother like quality, and owl like eyes people has ever seen. He loves to bake and would like to become a great baker one day, but his father, loving as he is, disapproves his choice of career. His father would like him to have a career like his-somewhere in the medical field. Tired of getting his father's blessing, he decides to find a career in the medical field. Kyungsoo earned his baking talents from his mother who pasted away when he was only 10 years old. He kept old recipes that his mother made and would bake them from time to time for himself and his father. He is quite cheerful, always admiring others, and a hater for waking up earlier. 

 

Jongin "Kai" Kim

 

A 16 year old who was once bullied at his old school, but later moved and transfered to Kyungsoo and Kevin's school. At his old school, he was bullied by his fellow students for being too smart. When people first see him, they would think that he was on top of the social chain of high school, but that is quite the opposite. Despite his good looks, he was at the bottom of the chain. He was mostly loner, spending most of his time at the library studying. The bullying got so bad that he came home bruised and bloodied up-his former classmates wanted him to do their homework, but he refused causing him to get beaten up. Kai was really funny and cheerful kid, but ever since he started high school, he was rather quiet. Now entering a new school, he hopes to get at least one friend and not be teased by others for being smart. Upon transferring, the school was amazed of his scores that they placed him a year ahead. He quickly befriended others with the help of Kyungsoo and Kevin. Kai also is a lover of sweets. 

 

Kevin Woo

A 17 year old who moved from America to Korea to study during his junior year. He befriended Kyungsoo when he volunteered to help him get settled at school. Kevin is to be described by Kyungsoo as "an angel that was sent from heaven". He is seen as a caring and helping boy with a soothing voice. He has an optimistic personality and greatly dislikes it when people give off negative aura. At the Shiny Stars, he works as a waiter. From time to time, he would sing to the customers. On his spare time he would visit various daycare centers or retirement homes to sing to the them or help out with the staff. Kyungsoo is very much convinced that he an angel.

 

Minki "Ren" Choi

A 16 year old boy who is known as the ice prince at his school due to his cold stares that he gives off at people. Despite his exterior, he is really a sweet guy, he just doesn't express it well enough-It takes time for him. At the Shiny Stars, he works right beside Kyungsoo as a baker. He always thinks of Kyungsoo as a dessert maker rival. Ren has this competitive personality-he always wants to be at the top, but he is always 2nd. He is currently in a relation with Baekho and would refer him as Bear, but would deny and blush when Kyungsoo calls him out on it. 

 

Dongho "Baekho" Kang

A 16 year old who attends school with Ren. Since his classmates refer to Ren as the ice prince, he is referred as the cheerful prince. He is currently in a relation with Ren, in which their classmates find it interesting that the ice prince and the cheerful prince would be together-seeing that they are total opposites, but they accept them anyway. At the Shiny Stars, he works as a waiter along with Kevin. He also likes to sing, but it quite shy about it. With Kevin's begging, they would sometimes do duet.

 

 

Jinki "Onew" Lee

A 25 year old who owns a dessert cafe known as the Shiny Stars. He treats his co-workers as his little brothers and tries to give them advice if they need any. He is optimistic, funny, and somewhat a clumsy man. 

 

Bom Park

A 23 year old who is neighbors and best friends with Kyungsoo. She attends Seoul Music Academy to be an aspiring singer and dancer. She used to babysit-Or hangout as Kyungsoo would say since he thought that he was old enough to care for himself-when they were younger. She loves Kyungsoo's cooking and would sometimes ask Kyungsoo to make her some desserts to take to school. She has a sisterly quality and would give Kyungsoo advice.

 

Luhan Kim 

A 25 year old man who is Kai's step brother and guardian. He is a homebody, childish, and an adorable man.