Epilogue

Imprinted Signature

 

 

EPILOGUE

 

 

 

“This is the Taiwan News Channel reporting, at 2:00 A.M. January 23, 2012, a fire broke out just outside of Taipei where it was said that the gang responsible for the forest fire in July has been caught and brought in for questioning. Our Investigation Bureau has stated regarding the 2005 gang case involving Mr. Wu that lead to his disappearance, officials will officially close the case Mr. Wu and his family has been falsely accused. It has come to the conclusion that Mr. Wu and his family is not involved in any underground activities when the police brought those responsible for the gang violence in for questioning, we will anticipate the whole story from the perpetrators as well as apologize for the long years of waiting in fear. Our investigation Bureau and Taiwan’s police hope to see Mr. Wu and his family go back to their daily lives. Now that the 2005 gang case is over, we will move on to the traffic...”

 

 

Ying Jie stared at the news forecast blankly while Alan took his shirt off, revealing his black-inked dragon tattoo on his back. Ying Jie then turned off the T.V to look at Alan who was in the middle of his training session. And thats when she noticed it, “You’re bleeding.”

Alan had been in training for months since they came. The man who Alan had been training with backed off and tucked his blood stained knife away. Alan waved him away as he left the room quietly, leaving Alan and Ying Jie alone.

Ying Jie reached over to examine his wound but Alan stopped when he held her by the wrist. Years has passed since they left, but given their situation, it feels like time stopped when they were meerly in high school; as teenagers (when they are alone like this)

“How many times must you train your body? Our bodies are not machines, they cannot handle the stress.” His cold eyes bore onto hers and for a moment, he thought he saw the old Ying Jie return. “Turn around.” She quietly whispered to him, a command that only the two of them could hear. Not wishing to hear any more of her nagging, he did what others yearn to see, he gave in to her demand. Ying Jie gazes at the blood making its way down his inked dragon tattoo. Instead of wiping it off with the cloth in her hands, she used her hand and smeared the blood across the dragon. 

*AN Ao Long’s Chinese name translates to Dragon.

“How did you get this tattoo?”

He was the man who’s hands are forever stained. 

She's the girl who lost her memories.

“7 years ago.”

“7 years ago? What happened 7 years ago?” Alan turned around to meet her curiosity, he has been observing her, watching her for years now. Was it genuine curiousity that plagues her mind or was it to see his response to the imposing question? Alot has happened in the 7 years. 7 years they left, 7 years they have been living out of Taiwan. 7 years of being around Ying Jie wondering endlessly when her memories will come back. When it comes back, what's going to happen? 

“I know what you are thinking, I don’t remember anything. All I remember was waking up on your boat.”

“What if a day comes when you remember who you are?”

Remember who... I... am...

“Never mind, forget it sweetheart.” He got up, handing the towel over to her. She advanced closer to him to wipe the blood off his back. When she wiped it clean, he leaned in close to her ear to whisper the words that made her who she is now.

“You shouldn’t give your heart away so easily sweetheart.” His lips cave into a grin, “Especially to a guy like me.”

She was about to call out to him when one of his men came in, seeking for his attention. Alan whose eyes suddenly turn cold bore his gaze to him. “It’s here.”

Alan took the newspaper, quickly glanced at it then he threw it back at the man and left the room in silence. When the man was about to leave, Ying Jie called out to him. He hesitated for a moment before handing the newspaper over to her. “Here you go, big sister.”

“Didn’t I tell you to call me Ying Jie?”

“Boss said that we can’t address you by your real name.”

“Oh right, sorry.” The man bowed and left the newspaper in Ying Jie’s hand. When he left, she looked at the first page and it was an article about the Wu’s. Again, why do they keep popping up?

 

 

 

 

CASE CLOSED: 2005 Gang Case 

The Taiwan Police.

 

TAIWAN — On January 23, 2013 at 2:00 A.M., the police was 

Immediately contacted when someone said that there will be

a gang showdown located a few hours away from Taipei, Taiwan. 

After a close inspection, We have brought in one of the gang

members related to the 2005 gang case and the individuals 

related to the forest fire that happened in July. 

After close inspection inspected by one of Taiwan’s prominent 

Investigation Bureau, we are currently in the middle of 

questioning the member to see where their other members currently

reside but at this moment, it is safe to conclude that 

Taiwan can greet it’s neighbouring countries now that everything

has settled down. Mr. Wu and his family has made an official 

statement wishing to continue living in Taiwan for a little 

longer. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
.