Chapter Thirty-Two

Imprinted Signature

 

 

32

 

 

 “I’m not drunk so don’t look at me like that Aaron Yan.”

Angela walked over to the fridge, taking a water bottle out as she bit her lips, still in love with the feel of his lips on hers. She chugged the water down and sat on the counter. She could feel her lips curve into a smile as she imprint this moment in her memory. 

“Angela...”

“I know! I know, I am not your type. I get it, so stop saying it.” She cried out as she twirled the water bottle around, watching the water move around in the bottle. “But do you know? The more you say that, the more I want to prove you wrong? I can’t help it... For once, I just want to go against my conscious and follow what my heart wants me to do. I am not asking you to jump off a cliff for me but... instead, I want you to give me a chance. I haven’t felt like this in a long time now... I have taken myself out of the game for so long and just this once, I want to know what I have been missing out.”

“Angela, I—”

“Can I steal you away for the evening? Just one moment...with you... Can you make me feel special for just one evening without saying all these stupid things like I am not your type or do not fall in love with me crap, I just want one moment with you.”

When their eyes lock onto each other, she was searching for any hints of any surrendering to her request. While he looked into her eyes and saw an 10 year old girl in a 23 year old body. Trapped, insecure, and scared to move. Feeling like you are trapped, feelings of doubt and insecurity, scared and afraid of moving forward... Isn’t this life? Reality tend to push people to the limit to do things they never knew they could do, for those who are pushed to the limit, they can’t go back. However, there are those who wants to dream. It’s an alternative universe for those who wish to escape reality.  

Please...?”

“What is it about me that you are so attracted to?”

Mhmm... Can it be your irresistible charm? Personality? Smile? How about just being with you make me attracted to you... I just am.”

“It sounds like you are attracted to my player side.”

“Aaron...”

“Angela, do you know what the difference between reality and dreams?”

“Dreams are what people dream off when they grow up but once reality hits them, they are challenged to try to achieve their dreams. Anyone can try to aim for their dreams if they keep their faith. Why ask? You are talking to a reporter.”

“For me, I don’t have an obsolete definition for them.”

Angela locked her gaze with his. He; on the other hand has his eyes on his Espresso.

“When a man goes to sleep at night, it is when the mind shuts off and dreams of fantasy and illusions come into motion. Everyone dreams, the weak dream, the strong dream, everyone dreams. It’s funny because dreams take on different forms of reality, they can make you want something so badly. Nothing but an fantasy... An illusion that seem so real. These couple of days, I wake up to see nothing but the ugliness of reality. Sometimes I feel like I can no longer dream, because of my constant battle with myself.”

There was a moment of silence until Angela got off the counter and walked over to him, locking her gaze with his. It was her turn to speak.

“Reality is how one views it. In your point of view, reality must really be ugly because you yourself have doubts, insecurity and you feel like there is no escape route available for you. Life itself doesn’t work that way, there is no easy way out. There never has been an easy way of handling things. There are people who trap themselves in their own mind, afraid to dream because it will only pain them to see themselves for who they really are. You have to understand that there are some things that you cannot change, how society works, why people choose to manipulate people, and how they get away with it. This is what we call greed, there is always right and wrong but not everyone can differentiate between the two. To sum it up, it is an constant battle between reality, dreams, and one’s inner self.”

Angela flashed out a smile as she stretched her arms out, suddenly feeling exhausted. “How long did it take for you come up with that?” He spoke up. “With what?”

“Your view on dreams and reality.” Angela stops, paused for a moment to find Aaron walking over to her. “I guess we are both similar. I, too have thought about this topic, maybe more then you… But no matter how much you think about it, your reality is shaped by the things you choose. Sure, the people you meet and involve yourself makes up your world. The reality is that you can kick those who don’t belong out. After all, it is your reality, not the ones who you hang out with.”  

She walked over to her purse, taking her phone out to check her messages. 

“Anyways~” She hummed as Aaron smirked. She isn’t his type but she was an interesting girl. His thoughts had plagued his mind for days, maybe going out might not be a bad idea. After all, they may not be lovers but they certainly can be friends. “About the special evening you want, I will do it.”

“REALLY?” She beamed with happiness when she looked up from her phone. She packed up all her things and came over to him. “Where are you going?” She walks over, taking his hand. “We are going shopping! Let’s go!” She sang, putting her shoes on.

“So soon?” She nodded as he took his fine time putting his shoes on. “If I knew you like to ponder on deep subjects, I would have brought a psychology book or something.” He laughed, “And don’t forget you are not—”

“My type, yeah yeah, I get it. But do you know Mr. Aaron Yan Ya Lun? I like an challenge.”

Aaron looked at his watch, preparing a countdown. “I will give you 6 hours. Is that enough time for you?” She held onto his arm, she could feel her heart racing uncontrollably. “Plenty.” 

 

 

................

 

 

ANGELA QIU’S POV

When we stepped into Stylish Boutique, home to men’s and woman's fashion, voted number one by consumer’s choice award for being the shop men and women will often frequent if they were to shop. I smiled as I pulled Aaron into the store and upon entering, a friend of mine greeted us with open arms.

“ANGELAA~ FINALLY YOU CAME!”

“Hi Ya Tou! Are you ready?”

“What are we doing here?” Aaron asks as Ya Tou and I looked over to him. She instantly pulled me to the side as she whispers. “Who is he? He is H-O-T! Where can I find one?”

I tapped her on the head playfully, walking back to Aaron who was giving me one of his infamous smirks. “This is Ya Tou, co-founder of Men’s Boutique. This is her uncle’s store and this is Aaron Yan, heir to the Yan Corp.”

“It’s so nice to meet you Mr. Yan, I have heard a lot of things about you from—” Angela pinched her on the side, sending her death glares as Ya Tou laughs. “From the tabloids of course!”

“Well anyways, Ya Tou. Get him into the change room and where’s my dress?”

Ya tou came back with a bag labeled Gucci. “Just as you wanted. Now Mr. Yan, please come with me.” Before he walked away with Ya Tou, he grabbed onto my arm. “What are you planning?”

“You said that I can steal you for 6 hours, did you not? Or are you telling me you want to take your words back?”

“No, I won’t go back on my words. What I meant was what are you doing?” I leaned in close to give him my answer. “We are going to a party Mr. Yan and it just so happens, you are my date for tonight!” I smiled angelically and all he did was sigh before walking over to Ya Tou. “Don’t go overboard now Ya Tou!”

“Don’t you trust me? I am your dream maker for today and don’t worry about it. Just go change into your dress, I caught a glimpse of it and it was beauuutiiifull!~ Geez, I am so jeaaloouuus!”

And I did, I left Aaron to Ya Tou because I know Ya Tou was a miracle worker.

 

 

................

 

 

When I zipped the dress up, I stared into my reflection. Here I am, wearing this beautiful grey dress that highlighted me in all the right places, not too tight, not too loose, it was just perfect.

This dress has a sweetheart neckline with crystals that slowly decrease as it makes its way down the dress. This dress reaches just past my knees but not too long for me to trip on it. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail and smiled. I feel like a princess, not like Cinderella, just your modern everyday princess.

*knock*

I look up from my mirror and watched Aaron emerge. He was busy mentally cursing the tie for being so stubborn while all I could see was my vision of an prince. Can’t I be selfish for just this moment?

He finally saw me looking at him. “You look beautiful.”

“You too.”

 

 

 

The easiest person to deceive is one`s self.

Edward Bulwer-Lytton.