Chapter Thirty-One

Imprinted Signature

 

 

31

 

 

 

A flash of lightening broke out, brightening the room for a second. 

And another flash of lightening brightened the room and her eyes landed on him. She could feel her pulse racing against her heart, it feels like a dream. The only difference was, this wasn’t a dream.

 

 

Flashback (Additional scene/ Deleted scene) Ying Jie’s POV

 

7 years ago.

Being the daughter from a well-known family, there was not a moment where I would take what I had for granted. In school, Hebe was popular while I was not. Now that I think about it, Aaron and I were similar in that aspect. Both of our older siblings were popular while we preferred to lay low. I didn’t want to attract attention but the attention kept popping up in places I didn’t expect. Luckily for me, I have Aaron and Hebe there to help me through everything. 

I would be lying if I didn’t know what the rumours were about, every girl at school have heard of the old tradition that seniors go through. For me, I thought that if I didn’t stand out, I wouldn’t get picked. So I tried my best to keep myself as low as I possibly could. 

Again, the attention kept coming back like a boomerang. Even if I tried everything to push it away, it always ends up coming back to me. 

Who knew... A girl like me… I was chosen. By him... Qiu Ao Long.

After everything that happened to me, I wanted to quit and never come back. And Aaron was there when it happened. I was relieved that he didn’t witness what I gone through. It was this moment he became a prominent figure in my life. 

I felt safe in his arms. I swore, I cried buckets of tears, wetting his shirt but he never complained. He told me that it was okay to let it out, not once did he push me into answering the reason behind these tears, he just hugged me. He was there for me, like a friend.

For what happened to me, I prayed that no one would know. Traditions have their way of staying. News about his failure spread like wild-fire. The girl that was known as the little sister of the loveable Hebe became known as a heartless girl who boldly seduced Ao Long.  

 

End of Flashback

 

 

She lost herself to sleep. She had no idea that this was the mark to their beginning. Alan stop where he was and caught her before she took the fall. This game that lasted for more than 7 years may finally draw its end, granted that no one comes messing with it. After a few moments to himself, he lifted her up and placed her down on the bed. He brushed her hair away as he settled his gaze hers. 

“All it took was 7 years, 7 years to find you.”

With that, he closed the door behind him, he warned the guards to stick to their job before walking away to attend to his work.

When Alan walked around the corner, Ah Wei was leaning against the wall, playing with a bullet in his hands. Alan was planning on ignoring him but he stopped when curiosity washed over him. “What does a guy need to do to make a girl talk?” Alan smirked, he knew Ah Wei was going to make his sly remark when he took the risk of asking him. “You who have everything, from money to power and women at a snap of a finger. At this point in the game, you are the one men want to be. You can make anyone talk, just do what you do.”

“She’s different. Too different from us...”

“Buddy, there is no such thing as too different from us. Everyone has a bit of evil and greed inside them. For her, I suggest you play the nice guy card or something. Welcome her with open arms as you play the nice guy card and before you know it, she will be walking willingly over to you. Then you’ll be able to get whatever it is you want from her.”

‘Sounds like déjà vu.’ Alan began to walk away. “I need an espresso now.” 

Ah Wei followed after him as they entered another room. A much darker, ominous and dim-lit room then Gui’s dangerously brightly lit room. 

He watches Alan stuff his hands in his pockets, walking around the room with the hostages eyeing him cautiously. 

“This will not take long if you guys choose to cooperate and tell me what I want to know. You see, you guys know the answers to my question. So why don’t you guys save me the trouble and just tell me while I’m here.” Alan stopped to bend down, smirking at Wu Chun as he laughed. “Long time no see, Chun. How are ya?”

“Do you know that if you get caught, the prosecutors are going to charge you viciously. They will calculate all the crimes you created and you’ll have to do time. Along with all the other rotten bastards who are working for you behind bars!”

“Ouch! I’m so hurt and here I thought we were friends. Well, at least we were. For a short while.” He whispered as Alan turns his attention to Uncle Wu who kept his gaze away from him. 

“Wu... Wilson Wu... Do you remember me? 7 years have passed and I think I got more handsome, don’t ya think?”

Ignored. Alan was ignored.

“Wu... I hate to be the bad guy so I will say it once. I want it. What this secret was that you were involved with my father, I want it. Will you give it to me if I use one of your as an exchange? I can allow one of you guys to go.” Wu Chun eyes widen as he looked over to Uncle Wu who was contemplating. “NO! DON’T! This guy can’t be trusted! He never allow witnesses free, even if they saw him for a second. So you cannot promise him! Never!” Alan punched him hard as Wu Chun fell on the floor, assessing the pain Alan caused.

“No one interrupts me.” He looks over to Wu once again. “So what do you say?” Sensing his hesitation, Alan sighs as he got up, turning his back to them. 

“You should know that I just didn’t bring just you two here. I brought another one here, if you guys want her to be safe, I suggest you agree to my proposal. Luckily for you, I am still nice. But I won’t be nice any longer than I have to be. I will come back in a couple of hours, till then, I will wait for your decision.”

“WHAT! WAITT! WHO IS HERE?! WHO DID YOU– WHO DID YOU BRING– WAI– COME BACK YOU *SSHOLES!“ The men slammed the doors shut, leaving Wu Chun and Uncle Wu in the room alone.

Who else did they captured? Her? Gui or Hebe? OR BOTH? Can he be playing mind games with us to make us talk? Or was he telling the truth? Can’t be, then she would be with us.

When Alan shut the door tightly before he turned to look at one of his men carrying the espresso he asked for. He opens the lid, taking a quick whiff as he drank out of the paper cup. “Do you think they will give in?”

“For her safety, yes.” 

 

 

................

 

 

Aaron grabbed a glass, pouring caffeine into his cup as he stirs it emotionlessly.

 

Flashback

 

Wang Zi sighed as he began to take it back but Aaron quickly grabbed the phone. 

 “Hello?”

“….” He clenched onto the phone as he listened to the cries. “Are you... okay...?”

“Aaron... Don’t–“

 

End of Flashback

 

Aaron slammed his hands on the marble counter, trying his best to stay composed. ‘Those men... who barged into the house... who were they? and who are they working for?’ As question after question started to pile on top of one another, Aaron ran his fingers through his hair in anger. No matter how desperate he was for answers, the questions kept getting bigger and bigger while the answers was no where in sight. He was soo out of his territory of expertise.

-creak-

“Aaron...? Was I drunk... Augh, my head hurts...Where is this place? And... WHY AM I WEARING YOUR CLOTHES? WHAT–DID–YOU–DO?!”

Aaron look over to see Angela walk out the room wearing one of his shirts and pounding her head. He drank his caffeine, regaining his composure as he held a cup for her. He didn’t know if she liked espressos but when he saw her this morning, she had a lingering scent of it. He was proven right when she took the cup from him.

“Miss. Angela, you were dunk. But in my defence, I tried to ask you for directions to your place but you were burnt out so I brought you back to my apartment. After a few minutes, you puked. Your clothes were not so lucky as I was so I had to change you. But rest assure, I didn’t do anything to you before and afterwards. And shouldn’t I be hearing a ‘thank you?’” Angela cupped her cheeks, feeling a blush appear. “Keep in mind that you are still not my type.”

“WHAT? I’M NOT YOUR TYPE? HOW AM I NOT YOUR TYPE? HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?!” Angela walked over to him, leaning towards him as her arms blocked him on both sides. Aaron remained expressionless as he searched for answers in her eyes. “I said it before... at the party remember?”

 

Flashback

 

“I’ve heard rumours. Mr. Yan. When you were younger, you were quite a charmer.”

Aaron eyes landed on hers, wondering where she was going with this. “Charmer you say?”

“Indeed. I heard you could fly across the world if any girl catches your attention.”

 “So your saying... just for this one girl, I would fly across the world?”

“That’s correct.” Aaron laughed, he knew rumours were just rumours. “Miss. Angela, I am fascinated that you decided to take an interest in me but I can assure you that we will not go any further than this. I’m sorry to say that I cannot add you onto my list of ladies when it’s already so full. If you can wait for another month, I’m sure we can figure something out.” 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

“Don’t tell me you’re interested in me?”

“As a matter of fact, Mr. Aaron Yan. I a–” As swift as she was, she took this opportunity to kiss him. The lingering smell of liquor was still there so even if she was back to reality or not, it was hard to tell if she was still drunk or not. But Angela was not drunk, heck, she regained her conscious once she saw Aaron.

When her heartbeat raced against her heart, she quickly pulled away as her breathing became heavy. ‘Impossible. This is... im-poss-i-ble.’ She was imminent on denying her feelings but in this moment in time, she found herself doing something she had no control over. Because she knew that deep down inside, she wanted to know what his lips would feel like. It was soft. Like how she imagined them to be.

Before Aaron could talk, Angela quickly did it. “I will admit, I, Angela Qiu like you Mr. Aaron Yan Ya Lun.”

She was a fool. She admits it, over and over again. She became a fool when she confessed, she became a bigger fool for falling for him, and she was the biggest fool when she knows that he will not feel the same way to her. Their time earlier with Sheng Yi had been an eye-opener. “So your saying... just for this one girl, I would fly across the world?” Angela knew it. Emma Wu Ying Jie is the girl he would fly across the world for. The answer is right there and yet, she wanted to give in to the temptations. Against everything that screamed ‘Don’t do it’ She did it. 

She truly is the biggest fool of all.

 

................

 

 

*Knock*knock*

Everyone in the room was silent, Hebe went over to her father, holding onto his arm as everyone in the room looked at one another, glancing at each other’s expression.

“Not it!” Jiro whispered as he grabbed a broom. 

“Don’t look at me, I’m not going.” Calvin added as he grabbed a knife. Mike rolled his eyes as he made his way to the door.

“B–Be ca–careful!” Hebe whispered as Mike nodded, giving her a reassuring look before his hand touched the doorknob. He slowly turned the doorknob but the door broke open and he fell back. The sunlight hit his eyes and he immediately squinted to see who it was.

“Geez, any slower and I would have this house ripped open myself.”

‘This voice...’ The lady took her hand out and he laughs. “ALBEE!”

“I bet you are ecstatic to see me arent’cha?”

“What are you doing here?” She sighs in surrender. “I expected ‘OH I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU MY SAVIOUR!’ but I guess, I shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up so high. MY mistake, whoops.” 

She caught the knife Calvin was holding. “If you stab me, I will charge you. I have a powerful lawyer who can give you plenty of time in jail, even if you deny the charges, I dare you to come at me.” Calvin quickly dropped the knife, running over to her. “You know how much I miss you right?”

She then looked over to Jiro. “What the heck were you planning to do with that?” Jiro put the broom down and flashes his charming smile. “Nice to see you Albee! How on earth did you find us?!”

“Yeah, how did you find us?” Mike eyes widen as he pulled her close, gazing down at her. “Are.you.a.spy?” Albee stepped on his toes and she elbowed his stomach, sending him back a couple of steps. In time for her assistant to walk in, adjusting his suit, clearing his throat to get their attention.

“We have come to pick you guys up. You guys are no longer safe at this house because they know where you are. But rest assure, only Albee and I know your location. We have orders from Mr. Yan to bring you guys back safely. We have another safe house ready for you guys, let’s move out.” 

“WHAT? OKAY LET’S GO!” Calvin and Jiro shouted out as they ran off to pack their bags. “Fath–”

“Chris... Yan...?” Mr. Wu asked weakly as the assistant bowed. “Yes, we can explain everything to you while we move to the new location. Mr. Yan has prepared everything so it’s safe to move there as quickly as possible.”

“Can I see Mr. Yan?” Mr. Wu asked as he patted his daughter’s hand. “Mike, can you accompany Hebe?”

Mike nodded as he walked over to her. Mr. Wu smiled over to his daughter, giving her reassurance as she nodded, following Mike as he led her away. Mr. Wu then turn his attention to the lady and her assistant, who responded with a stern nod.

“Mr. Yan will be waiting at the safe house.”

And they left it there.