Chapter Twenty-Five

Imprinted Signature

 

25
 
 
 

"  People told me my smiles are warm but my heart can't be moved, so it harshly cuts into me

I've never had the intent to hurt anyone. there's no breathrough in my depression and it 

forms a heavy shell around me. 

 

Some scars are like a big fire, it burns the heart till it can't be revived

If I don't touch it, then I can forget about it, but the fear is still in my mind

I'm repeatedly replaying that moment, but I unconsciously take a step back

If I can control happiness, then I feel like anything will be abl eto change

I calmly protext myself till the end where I face loneliness alone  "

 

Except taken from 李佳薇 Jess Lee - 大火 Burn
 
 

.

.

 

 

 “Gui... We are back home.”

He whispered as lightly as he could to find her stirring in the seat. ‘Hebe said you were a light sleeper...’ He leaned in to give her a light kiss on her forehead before he leaning in once again to plant another kiss on her lips, but he quickly pulled away when her eyes opened. Aaron cleared his throat, “There was something on your face.” Gui got up and rubbed her eyes, she had no strength to argue with him so she remain quiet. Allowing him to think whatever he wants, but when she regains her strength, Aaron would have to think twice about lying to her. Indeed, Hebe is right, she was a light sleeper. So she obviously felt the kiss that Aaron left her.

Unable to meet her eyes, Aaron quickly grabbed the groceries and walked into the house with Gui. Only to find it empty, normally if anyone came in, either Mike or Hebe would be downstairs ready to greet them but no one was there to greet them. Nervous, Gui call out for Hebe and Mike, but no one responded. “Weird...” Aaron whispered as he placed the bags on the counter before looking at the counter to see a note. “I heard the news earlier, Jiro, Calvin and Wu Chun thinks it’s best if we get together. So I took Hebe with me to check up on them and bring them all back together. Expect our arrival before dinner time! Mike.” Aaron grabbed onto Gui’s hand. “Aaron?”

“They are going to fetch Mr. Wu and Uncle Wu.”

“I know.” Gui whispered as the tears that she tried too hard to conceal, came out. Family, she wanted her family back. “I miss them... so much...”

“I know you do.” Aaron pulled her into an embrace.

 

The time spent at the safe house felt like time stoppedOnly for them, it stopped to give them the time that was lost. But for every second the hand didn’t move, the future will become their fearWhat can they do if time manages to catch up to them?

 

As soon as Gui wipe her tears away, her vision was restored and everything was clear to her. Even though her tears were gone, it didn’t matter. Deep down, she knew that no matter how many times she blinks, her world was still distant like the stars at night. “Aaron...”

“Gui, do you still think by being with me, you are putting me in danger?” When Aaron asked that question, he tightened his embrace. “Gui, stop thinking negatively and think positively for a moment. There is no happy ending if you keep thinking negatively, you will always see the glass half empty if you keep thinking that way. Think positively and always believe that the glass is half full.”

A happy ending...”

Yes, a happy ending." He lightly whispered as someone knocked on the door loudly. Aaron was about to go and open the door when Gui grabbed his hand, preventing him not to answer whoever it was. Don’t go...

“Gui..”

Please! They could be bad! No one would knock this loud and roughly if they were normal! If it was the police, they would say who they are but whoever it is behind the door...  But this... They seem... impatient!”

“But isn’t the police the one who is after us? Who else is after u–“

 

 

Flashback

Aaron quickly ran past Mister and Uncle Wu as he pulled Hebe and Ying Jie behind him. Slowly backing them up as the two mysterious men came closer.

“HEY! ARE THEY WHO MR.Q–“

When on the men cried out, Aaron quickly grabbed one of the men’s arm, twisting it behind him as he kicked him into the water. Unaware that the other men has already made his way to the girls. When he heard a scream from Ying Jie, he quickly kicked the man away, punching him hard as he collapsed due to the impact.

End of Flashback

 

 

Again, a knock came but only louder this time. Aaron stared at Gui’s hand gripping onto his tightly, standing by her wish, he didn’t move. So when the knocks finally died down, Aaron and Gui thought that they have had left them alone. But the front door broke open and three man came in, unannouncedAaron quickly pulled Gui behind him as he came face-to-face with three men. They glanced around the house for a moment, taking in everything before looking over to Aaron and Gui who was staring at them, bewildered. “GE, look what we have here!”

“Star-crossed lovers?”

“You could say that.” The older man his chin, grabbing a stool to sit down as he stare at Gui and Aaron. “Let me make this less painful, easy and simple to understand. On a fateful day such as today, there was a boy and a girl. The girl is like precious treasure while the boy is the treasure hunter. As you know, treasure hunters love to hunt valuable treasure, so if he sees any jewels, gems or gold, he would make it his goal to snatch it. However, this treasure hunter is known for being ruthless, so he could and will do anything to obtain that valuable treasure. Anyways, allow me to skip over the story a bit and jump to the conclusion.” He cleared his throat, “Kid, looks like your time with the treasure is up. The girl behind you is our treasure and treasure hunter is our boss. Obediently hand over the girl and no one gets hurt, I can guarantee it.”

“Leave, before I call the cops!”

“Cops? I hate to be the bad guy but you people just seem to tempt me to do things to make it seem like I am the bad guy. Geez, then I guess we have to speed things up if that is what you want to do.”

With a wave of his hand, the two other men who was walking around the house decided to run towards  Aaron. Aaron quickly kicked him in the stomach as hard he could, sending them back as they clench onto their stomach in pain. The man who sat down on the stool got up and swiftly punched Aaron in the stomach while Aaron grabbed the gold chain that was dangling from his neck before he fell on the cold, hard floor. In a split second, Aaron threw the chain somewhere before the man could notice his necklace was missing. And without hesitation, the man took this chance to knock Gui unconscious and carried her out of the house. “Gui... Gui.. GUI!” The two men waited for their boss to carry the girl out but it would be boring if they stood around doing nothing so they took turns kicking and punching him around like he was a soccer ball.

As Aaron laid lifelessly on the floor, he gathered his remaining strength to lift his leg up so that he could trip the one closest to him. But the other henchmen predicted Aaron’s move so he pushed his comrade out of the way, making Aaron’s action useless. The henchmen who got pushed was about to punch him but his friend pulled him back, urging him to stop. They glared at one another until the man knelt down beside him, watching Aaron struggle to get up.

“I would save my strength if I were you. Normally we will be killing any witnesses on the spot but since the order was to not kill anyone else, I guess you can say today is your lucky day kid.” 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING? BOSS GE IS WAITING FOR US! HURRY UP YOU ROTTEN IDIOTS!” One of their men cried out as the guys left the house, one by one. “GUI... GUI.. GUI!” The man who knelt down got up, kicking him one last time before leaving the house completely trashed. “If we see each other again somewhere... Don’t hesitate to start a fight with me kid.”

“GUI... G–Gui...” No matter how many times he called out for her, time wasn’t going to stop. So by the time he realize that they have successfully got Gui, he fell unconscious. “Gui... Gui...”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

p.s.. cue the dramatic music & credits to http://pommy48.livejournal.com/20935.html for english translation