CHAPTER 40: The Past I

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Past I

Sohee and Byunghun have been together for some time now and this was the first time that he has been so invested in a relationship. He wanted this one to last and he had a need to make it work. Everybody around them were surprised with his choice and him working hard and putting efforts in their relationship. In every other relationship that he had always ended with him just spending time half-heartedly. They always complained him spending time with his friends more than with them and he always brought them along even if it was supposed to be just them on a date.

Sohee on the other hand was not used to being in a relationship. She was in disbelief when she was proposed. She thought he was pranking her. He was known to be a famous player in their school and had the image of a bad boy. She found him attractive but was not to be trusted. All her friends also warned him of her so she ended up rejecting him the first time. He was not that surprise, unlike the others.

“Sohee-shi, would you go out with me?” Byunghun asked confidently.

“Huh? What?” she faltered, stupefied.

“Be my girlfriend?” he asked again.

“I heard you fine the first time. You seriously don’t know when to stop you jokes right?” she said frustrated.

“I’m not joking. I am serious.” He said turning serious.

“Whatever. I don’t want to.” She enunciated and walked off.

He had expected that answer so he planned to work hard for her to acknowledge his feelings.

He had seen her a lot of times since they shared a lot of classes together and she was well known among the guys. Many boys liked her but her chic image made it hard for them to approach her. She was hard to talk to since she was on the shy side and was always surrounded by her friends who were all very protective of her. He had watched her change when she is with her friends and when she is all alone. He didn’t realise at first but his eyes always followed her without him meaning to.

He had kept pestering her to make her give him a chance and she gave in to him after a week of him following her around.

“You’re here again.” She said emotionlessly.

“Yeah, hi.” He replied excitedly. “Have you changed your mind yet?”

“No.” she replied. “I wouldn’t be changing my mind anytime soon.”

“But if you don’t give me a chance how will you know if I’m a good boyfriend or not. I’m just asking for one chance. Just once.” He implored.

“When will you stop this?” she asked frustrated.

“When you accept my proposal.” He replied with a big smile stuck on his face.

“Seriously, stop this. I already rejected you.” She grumbled.

“But you didn’t even give me a chance. You can break it off if you don’t like me then.” He looked at her expectantly.

“Will you leave me alone after that?” she asked now interested.

“Yeah. I promise.” He replied with his finger crossed behind. “Give me a month.”

“Isn’t that too long?” she stated tersely.

“No, you don’t know me at all, so it’ll take time for you to get to know me first. Then we can date well, a month is less…” he said dolefully.

“Alright, fine. One month, that’s it.” She accepted.

“You won’t regret it!” he exclaimed excitedly.

That day marked the day that Sohee for the first time went against her logical mind and accepted to be his girlfriend.

At first, he treated her like a friend for the first week since she was awkward and did his best to make her comfortable. He made friends with all her friends and got close to them. They also stopped being prejudice and realise that he wasn’t as bad as they thought. He was ardent in changing his image to make this work between the two of them. She also saw that he was doing his best and learned to appreciate him.

In a blink of an eye a month passed by and summer break had started already. They have been spending a lot of time together. He planned many dates and treated her to many places. In some places, they shared the cost since she felt like she was taking advantage of him and threatened him to break off. She didn’t want to become too dependent on him so she wanted to share the cost of their dates. Her parents got to know that she was in a relationship and wanted to be introduced. He was nervous about it but he was serious about Sohee so he accepted the invitation. He was nervous and it was the first time for him to meeting a girlfriend’s family.

They made an appointment to eat out in a restaurant. Sohee and Byunghun came first as her parents had to go to a meet before their meeting. The two arrived ten m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter