CHAPTER 27

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sohee:

 

When I got up in the morning the first thing I felt was someone’s arm around me holding me securely. I opened my eyes and saw that I was still in the TV room and snuggled to somebody. I tried to turn but I was stuck, the person behind me whine and snuggled towards my back and sighed.

 

What did I get myself into?

 

I waited for somebody to come or for this person to wake up but it was like the Gods were against me, nothing happened. Then after sometime, I really needed to go to the bathroom. I couldn’t hold it in anymore so I started to shake the guy but he just whined.

 

“Please can you at least let me go?” I said. “I really need to go to the bathroom. You just leave me then you can go back to sleep.”

 

Instead of loosening his arms, he held me tighter. I understand that he still wants to sleep but he could sleep without holding me. It’ll be more comfortable for him too. I tried to pry his arms away but it was of no use. Then I lost my patience and hit his head hard, this seem to have worked cause he woke up.

 

“At last! Could you take your arms from around me.” I said without turning around.

 

He pulled his hands like he touched something weird, I didn’t wait long I just rushed to the bathroom. I saw Oppa passed by me saying something but I didn’t hear a thing all I wanted was to go use the loo. When I reached there, I did my morning routine and took bath. I felt so much better by the time I was done. When I took my phone and then remembered that I promised to meet Byunie so I sent a message to remind him.

 

I got dressed the n went down, it was noisy downstairs. I wonder who was there. I made my way towards the noise and saw that Unni and Oppa was laughing at someone and the said person looked like he was in a dilemma.

 

“What are you all so happy about early in the morning?” I asked, making a beeline towards the fridge.

 

“Sohee- ah di you hit this guy’s head?” Oppa asked still laughing.

 

“Who?” I asked, turning towards them.

 

"Oh it was you. Mianheyo, but he was not letting me go, so I had to take the last resort." I replied nonchalantly, looking at Byunie's brother. "What were you guys doing anyways coming home so late? Thought you said you won't be home."

 

“Change of plan, anyways where are you going off so early in the morning?” Oppa asked.

 

“I had prior plans with someone. Wae?” I said gobbling down the food.

 

“With who? Is it a date?” unni asked curiously.

 

“With someone and it’s not a date more like interrogation meeting.” I said glumly, thinking about the awkward meeting with Byunie.

 

“Is it Sunmi? It’s her right?” Unni asked, when I was making my way towards the door.

 

I didn’t reply and just wished them a goodbye and made the way to the car. I told the driver to drive me to the café. I wonder how this meeting will go. Will it be awkward? I don’t know how to approach the topic. Isn’t it a taboo topic? Uncle did say to stay away from him, then why did he send Byunie back to Seoul? Uncle is really confusing sometimes, actually all the time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

==~~~~==

 

“Sohee-ah, please stay away from my son from now on. It’s the best for the two of you.” Mr. Lee said.

 

“But… he is still my friend… even if we broke-up.” I said, pleading him to let me see Byunie.

 

“Mianhe, I’ll be taking him away to the States. It’s better if you don’t see him.” He said with a hard look in his eyes.

 

“But…” I started but he interrupted me.

 

“It’s better for you and your family. All you would do is bring him more pain and trouble. I’m doing the damage control that you both have caused. Aren’t you feeling guilty at all? It was your fault after all.” With that Mr. Lee left me on my knees to drown in my guilt.

 

“Sohee! Sohee! Can you hear me?” Oppa said shaking me but I was too far gone. I lost consciousness and out.

 

When I woke up it was two days later and I found out that Byunie already left for the States without even a ‘Good-bye’.

 

What else did I expect?

 

==~~~~==

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When I reached the café, he was not there yet so I ordered a drink for him and myself and waited for his arrival. I spent the time watching the passer by and imagining their life. I wonder what I was imagining is really their story or not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter