She Smiles, He Sighs

Kevin Woo, I Object Your Love { discontinued }

 

This chapter is a bit... meh dlgzjlhgzldhdlknblkznb ;o;


 

 

       Kevin prepared his briefcase with the things he wanted to bring to work on the next day. He placed some important documents and paper into the black briefcase and then placed it in his house office. It was his first night sleeping at his new house and he had to admit he’s quite scared because he’s alone. And the thing he hated the most was there’s no food to eat at home. He couldn’t cook and didn’t know how to cook, and he also had to drive somewhere if he wanted something healthy and heavy for him to eat.

       He walked to the kitchen to grab some cookies that his new neighbors gave while welcoming him warmly to neighborhood. They said he didn’t have to worry about the security there because CCTVs were everywhere and the police were always around. Kevin let out a satisfied sigh when heard that from them.

       With a bucket of cookies and a can of frizzy drink, Kevin walked to the living room and the television. He flipped the channels until he saw someone he knew on the screen.

       “Pfft, didn’t know you’re on runway these days.” He scoffed when he saw Kiseop modeling for some sort of new brands on the runway. Laughing to himself, he recalled the day where he treated all his friends to a party after he was declared as the last single person. If only Eli was a lot logical and smarter.

       Soon, he heard his phone ringing like there’s no tomorrow and he quickly jumped off the couch to take his phone in the house office. Kevin snatched the phone from the drawer and looked at the list of missed calls and messages. He smiled as they were from his mother. All of them were encouraging messages and he felt kind of miss the homey atmosphere at his parents’ house.

       His eyes stopped at a message from an unknown number. He selected to read the content and hummed to himself as he read it.

       From: 245678340

       Message: I have something to discuss with you. See you at your office tomorrow.

       He was wondering who was the one sending that message to him. Kevin assumed that it was the lawyer that worked under him. But he didn’t notice formality in the message.

       ‘Maybe someone changed his phone number and didn’t tell me,’ he thought. He didn’t bother to reply back and went back to the living room to continue watching the tv show. However, his mind still wandered around and he didn’t even focus at the screen.

       Kevin got bored and left the house to search for some things he can eat. The cookies weren’t enough and he needed something that was more ideal to munch on. He locked the door and walked to his car.

       He stopped by the usual coffee shop and ordered some croissants together with a big cup of white latte. As he waited for the food to come, his eyes were stuck at a woman sitting at a table which only occupied one person to seat. The woman was sniffing and she took off her shades, revealing her red, puffy eyes. Kevin blinked at the sight. He knew that woman too well and he decided to approach her after he got his order.

       To his disappointment, the woman left as he finished dealing with the cashier. He wanted to know why she was crying and why she was alone when she supposed to be at home. Kevin left the coffee shop with a thousand questions running in his mind.

       “Why do I still care?” He asked himself while making his way out to the nearest park. Did he still miss her? Did he still love her? Of course no, but watching her crying with no one beside her really broke his heart.

       He went home after the little snacks and plopped himself on the bed. Kevin rolled around, making himself comfortable and trying to loosen all those tense muscles. He moved up to his pillow, laying his head on top of it. He tried to sleep but his head kept rewinding the scene at the coffee shop.

 

       Hyojung woke up with a very bright smile. She took a look at her phone and saw two messages, causing the smile on her face grew brighter. 

       From: Byunghun

       Message: Rise and shine! Good morning, princess :) It’s time to wake up or you’ll be late.

       She giggled at the first message and saw the time he sent the cute little reminder. It was two minutes ago and it meant that he was still playing with his phone at that time. Hyojung kept smiling and opened the second message.

       From: Byunghun

       Message: Did you sleep well? I hope you did. Hmm, Sukjong told me your cooking is the best. Ah, I wish I can taste your homemade food one day. ^^ Anyways, let’s work hard today, okay? Fighting!

       Hyojung laughed at the last message. It was just too cute for her and she didn’t like cute things. But she tended to love those sweet messages from him and she didn’t even know why. With a sigh, she placed the phone back to the night stand and took the towel to get ready for shower. She would reply the messages later, after she had done cleaning herself.

       She recalled the moment at the club when a blonde-haired guy with those cute little chains around his neck approached her on the dance floor. He casually said hi to her and asked her if he could dance with her. Hyojung wasn’t the type who just agreed to dance with strangers but that night,  she was attracted to him. His bright smile, the little moles under his left eyes, and how he tried to look badass with some sort of ripped jeans and black jacket. She agreed.

       They danced , shared some jokes, and teased each other during their time at the club. When she dragged him to the bar to have a few shots of alcohol, he stopped midway and told her he couldn’t drink really well. She chuckled and told him it’s okay and pulled him to bunch of her friends.

       “Eh, Byung? What are you doing here?” Sukjong looked at Hyojung and then at him. Hyojung’s eyes widened when he heard the name rolled out of her cousin’s tongue. Byung? Really?

       Byunghun just scratched his head shyly and looked at Hyojung who was kind of shocked that Sukjong knew him. He bit his lower lip nervously and she found it cute. Her other friends were busy nudging her, telling her that Byung was really handsome and she should date him.

       “Oh, this beautiful lady over here dragged me.” Byunghun smiled at Hyojung. Hyojung felt like fanning herself. Why was she so excited at the guy named Byung? Why was she so attracted to him?

       “And that beautiful lady is my cousin, bro.” Sukjong punched his chest lightly and laughed.

      “Y-your cousin?” Byunghun pointed at Hyojung. Sukjong nodded.

      “Hmm, let me introduce you guys. Byunghun, this is my cousin, Hyojung. And Hyojung, this guy is my friend, Byunghun.” Sukjong patted Hyojung’s and Byunghun’s shoulder. They shyly shook each other hands and giggled afterwards.

       Hyemi looked at those two intensely and an idea popped into her brain. She approached her sister and Byunghun and stood in front of them with a grin on her face.

      “Byunghun-ah, my unnie is currently single right now.” She started. “It’s gonna be lovely if both of you date.”

       Hyojung almost choked on her breath when she heard her sister saying things like that to the new guy she just met. Dating? Seriously? “Aww, and you two look great already. So cute.”  She rolled her eyes when Hyemi’s eyes met hers but Hyemi just simply ignored her warning glare.

       “E-eh?” Byunghun replied. Hyojung could tell he was shock too.

       “Don’t mind this girl, let’s talk somewhere else.” She grabbed his arm and brought him to the place where she brought Sukjong.

       They chat and got to know more about each other. Even though it’s really really late and Hyemi started to come and nag about them going home late, Hyojung neglected her and continued to talk to Byunghun.

       “Your sister keeps coming. And you should go home, it’s 2 am.” Byunghun whispered closely to her which made her cheeks reddened instantly.

       “Ah…. Fine, then.” Hyojung sighed. She was ready to say goodbye to him but he quickly spun her around and rubbed the back of his neck when she was standing in front of him.

       “Can I…” He hung his lead low.

       “Hmm?

       “Can I have your phone number?” He wanted to smile but a nervous chuckle appeared instead.

       She covered , trying to prevent herself from squealing. “Sure.” She took out a pen from her hand back and wrote her number on his palm.

       Hyojung smiled at that night memories and turned off the shower. She wrapped her body in pink towel and placed a small towel on her hair. Knowing that Hyemi would wake up late since she had finished her finals, Hyojung sighed as she dried he hair. She had to prepare breakfast again for them and cleaned some parts of the house before she’s off to work. Hyemi was starting to become lazy and she felt like calling Dongho and asked him to yell at his sister.

       Then, she remembered the still unreplied messages. Hyojung put on a peach blouse and a knee-length skirt before rushing to the night stand to get her phone. She breathed deeply and was too excited to reply Byunghun’s messages.

       To: Byunghun

       Message: Good morning. Hehehe, you’re so early today. By the way, I slept well ^^ Very very well. Hmm, Sukjong is really a spoiler >:C If you really want to taste my cooking, you should tell me! Then, I’ll cook it for you, okay? Off to prepare breakfast ^^ ppyong~

       Hyojung put the phone into her skirt pocket. She strolled to the kitchen to prepare kimbap and Korean pancakes. She prepared everything on the counter and started to stir the batter and whatnots. Soon enough, her phone vibrated. Hyojung wiped her hands with the clean towel and checked her phone just to see a message from Byunghun again.

        From: Byunghun

       Message: Early because I had to go for a morning jog ^^ Aww, breakfast? I wish I was at your home so I can eat your breakfast. Hmm, cook well, princess! I have to get ready for work. Bye~

       She smiled at the nickname princess. Why was she called princess, though? Hyojung chuckled and looked at his contact name.

       “Hmm, let’s change your name here.” She played with her phone and went to the contact list. She scrolled down the list to search his name and click ‘edit’ when she saw his name.

       “Byungbyung.” Hyojung smiled as soon as she set his name to ByungByung.

       “Eh, what are you doing? Texting him, huh?” Hyemi appeared out of nowhere with messy bed hair.

       “Why do you want to know?” Hyojung faked a frown and hid her phone into the pocket.

       “I’m just happy, okay? You actually texting someone besides your colleagues and friends.”

       Hyojung kept silent and moved to the stove to cook the Korean pancakes. After she finished with all the cookings, she served them on the dining table. Hyemi helped her by setting the chopsticks and plates. Then, they had the breakfast together.

       “Are you dating him?” Hyemi sipped on the fresh orange juice.

       Hyojung scoffed and stuffed a piece of pancake into . “No.”

       “Ok.”

       The conversation ended just like that and Hyojung got ready to go to her workplace. She started the engine of the car and waited for it to heat up a bit. While she was waiting, she saw the house that was not too far from her house was already got sold. There was a car parked outside and not so much flowers at the mini garden of the house. She assumed that the person was living alone.

       “I’ll go to his house to welcome him later.” She made a plan inside her head.

       Then, Hyojung went inside her car and got ready to drive. As she was trying to change her car position, which was on the road at that moment, she heard someone honking from behind. She turned her head to look at the owner. It was the car from the new house and the screen was tinted. That’s great, hers were tinted. And his were tinted too. The car kept honking as if trying to tell her to move faster.

       “How rude.” She huffed as the car went pass her and honked for the last time.

 

       “Oh great, don’t ruin my morning please.” Kevin honked his car. He still had to grab breakfast and why was there a car blocking his way? He kept honking until the driver moved her car.

       “This must be a woman. That’s why I hate it when woman drives.” He moved his car and sped pass the white car with one last honk. Kevin laughed to himself and drove to the bakery to grab some pastries.

       After buying all the food he wanted, he went to the usual coffee shop and bought the usual Americano. The line was too long and like it or not, he had to wait. He couldn’t survive the morning without it.

       Kevin walked into the building with a lot of his employees staring at him. He followed the direction of their eyes and quickly hid his food when he knew he just bought a lot of food. If only he knew how to cook a very simple breakfast, he didn’t have to suffer from the stares and the difficulties of getting the pastries and Americano.

       He slid his card through the machine placed on his office door and immediately stepped into his office. Kevin placed the food on his desk and rushed back to the door to close it.

       “What a morning.” Kevin rested his hands on his waist. He sat comfortably on his chair and took a blueberry tart from the plastic bag.

       Kevin was reviewing his interns’ paperwork when his secretary knocked on the door. He yelled ‘Come in’ and the secretary came in with a confused expression on his face.

       “Hmm, what is it, Miss Kim?” He put down his pen.

       “There’s someone wants to meet you.” She said. Kevin tilted his head, he didn’t remember having any appointment with his clients early in the morning.

       “Uh, did he say he has appointment with me around this time?” He asked.

       “No, but she said she texted you last night that she’ll come.”

       ‘Oh, it must be the person who texted me last night.’ He snapped his fingers. But, she?

       “Call her in.” Kevin ordered. His secretary nodded and bowed before closing back the door. Kevin put the paperwork he was reviewing into the drawer and waited for the person to come in.

       A knock on the door was heard again and that time, a woman dressed in fancy fur coat that covered her whole body came in. She was wearing shades and her hair was waist length. The woman casually sat on the chair in front of Kevin before he couldn’t even ask her to do so.

       “Good morning, Mr Woo.” She spoke. Her voice. Her voice reminded Kevin of someone he wanted to hate but he couldn’t. But he knew it wasn’t her, what did she want from him when she already had a wonderful life?

       “Good morning. Were you the one who texted me last night?” Kevin asked. If she’s the new soon-to-client, he has to create a lot of excuses. He really didn’t want to involve himself with another case because he’s currently stuck with the hardest case he ever handle.

       “Yes.” She replied shortly.

       “So, what’s the purpose of you coming here today, Miss…?” His voice trailed off.

       “Oppa, do you really don’t remember me?” She started to sniff. Kevin sighed, his guess was right even though he tried to deny it. 

        “What are you doing here, Yunhee-ah?” Kevin rubbed his temples. Why did she appear? What did she want from him? He really wanted to hug the figure in front of him, but no, he had no right to do it. He’s just her ex-boyfriend who she had cheated on with somebody. And, she’s someone’s wife. No, just no.

        “He….” She started sobbing and tears went down her face. She took off the shades before inhaling some air,“He hates me.”

        “How do you know he hates you, Yunhee?” Kevin whispered. Whoever her husband is, he’s definitely going to punch that freaking human if he was right in front of Kevin. He couldn’t stand seeing her crying over things she shouldn’t.

        “He keeps coming home late with all sorts of smell with him. Alcohol, lady’s perfume, cigarettes.” She told him.

        “I just can’t take this anymore, oppa. I want to get out of that house.” She cried. Kevin stood up from his chair and pulled her into a hug. He didn't care, she needed someone and it's him. His eyes widened as his abdomen touched her stomach.

        “Y-you pregnant?” Kevin pulled away. Yunhee nodded. He hugged her again but startled when she yelped as if she was in pain when Kevin tightened the hug.

        “Are you okay?” He asked.

        “No, I’m not, oppa. I don’t want to live with him anymore. I don’t want his baby to grow up with such abusive father. I don’t want to get beaten by that animal.” She clutched onto his blazer. Kevin rubbed her back and made her sit again. Yunhee released herself from the coat and wiped the tears that keep streaming down her cheeks.

        Kevin sighed mentally. The scars on her arms, necks and chest were too obvious. And there’s another life growing inside her. It’s not going to be good if Yunhee and her husband stayed under one roof. She would stress out herself and it’s not good for the baby.

        “I’m here, Yunhee. I’m here to help you.” Kevin whispered. Yunhee nodded and started to cool down.

        “Tell that bastard to get a lawyer and we’ll discuss about this thing, okay?” He offered a box of tissue to her and took a deep breath. He swallowed all his anger and tried not to snap in front of her. A small part of him saying that she deserved that, after what she had done to him while the most part of him really wanted to help her getting through the hardships.

        The jerk must be really dumb to lay his hands on such a fragile woman. If he was Yunhee’s husband, he would never ever do that.

        He patted Yunhee’s back to soothe her and got a form for her to fill. Kevin pitied her when she saw her hand trembled while trying to fill a big column on that piece of paper. After she’s done and signed every single thing she had to sign, she handed the form to Kevin.

        ‘Divorce files, there you go.’ He slipped the paper into a red-colored file which was full of other divorce cases.