Good Morning

Kevin Woo, I Object Your Love { discontinued }

There you go >.<

Tell me how it is ^^


 

 

             Hyojung forced herself to wake up that morning. She felt weird why her alarm clock didn’t make any sound yet. With her droopy eyes and deflated shoulders, her hands searched the clock on the bed. The clock wasn’t on the mattress. She searched again under the pillows and let out a sigh when she reached for it.

             Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets as she stare the thing in her hand. There was no light coming out from the screen. Realizing that she might face the biggest problem of the day, Hyojung immediately held out her hand to get her phone on the nightstand.

             “Oh crap, I’m freaking late!”

              She sprung from her bed after throwing her phone and rushed towards the bathroom. Hyojung sighed when she forgot to take off her pajamas right after the rain from the shower fell on her head.

             “Ugh, stupid alarm clock! Why must you die on me?!” She screamed while taking off her clothes. Hyojung just had a brief shower because she knew she’s going to be late if she didn’t move fast.

             A sigh escaped her lips again when she realized she just let her hair wet during the shower. Hyojung grumpily took a small towel from the closet and rinsed her hair until it became a little damp. She rushed to the cabinet to get a hair dryer, turned it on, and used it to dry her damp hair.

             “Not a good morning for me, I guess.” She sang while putting back the electronic device into the cabinet. She just slipped on the peach dress shirt and black slacks even though there were a few wrinkles on them. Hyojung didn’t tie her hair yet because her hair was still damp. Oh well, she’s late and the hair dryer was not that much of help.

              It was her first time waking up very late in her three years of working as a lawyer. She panicked and she couldn’t think straight. And oh yes, she felt like she was the most unprofessional human on earth. Groaning, Hyojung grabbed everything she thought she might need for her work at the firm and then went out of the house with messy hair, an unorganized briefcase, and an empty stomach.

              Hyojung glanced at her wrist watch and realized that she actually had more time to grab breakfast, or even cook breakfast. She exhaled loudly and the radio inside her car, trying to relax a bit. Her hands kept touching the slightly damp hair.

              “Oh god, I hate today. What am I going to face after this? Get fired?” Hyojung hit the car window beside her with her elbow.

              “Wait no, I can’t be negative. I must be positive!” She pumped her fist to the air but unfortunately it hit the ceiling of the car.

              “Great. Even my hand hates me.” Hyojung shook her wrist and got ready to reverse her car. She moved her car out of garage slowly and looked in case there were cars coming.

               Talking about cars, she remembered about the black car that her new neighbor use. The sound of honks rang inside her head when she turned her head around to see the black car parked in front of that guy’s house. It’s still considered early since he’s not getting out his house yet. Hyojung combed her hair with her fingers and sighed again.

               “I still have time.” She mumbled as she glanced again at her wrist watch. “Should I go back inside or should I just go and grab coffee somewhere?”

               If she decided to go back inside her house, she’s absolutely going to take a lot of time to redo herself. Make-ups, hair, attire. And she didn’t want to waste a lot of precious time because of those things. She had to report herself at the firm before 8.30am or she would die. Mr Jung is not tolerable when it comes to absence or time management at office. Hyojung didn’t want to experience his yelling and stuff so she decided to just head to the firm with that appearance.

               She drove away from the neighborhood, thinking why did the alarm clock died? Was it because it ran out of batteries? Or was it because God wanted her to suffer? Wait, no, she didn’t want to blame the God. Anyways, a smile emerged on her thin lips when she thought about the late night call from Byunghun. They talked a lot on previous night and she swore Hyemi could hear her laughter from her room.

               Hyojung’s eyes sparkled when she spotted a coffee shop not far away from her sight. She parked her car in front of a souvenir store besides the café and boldly stepped into the coffee shop without caring about her appearance anymore. She just needed a good cup of coffee and perhaps, some nice bites of pastries.

               As she waited in the queue, she took out her phone from her handbag to see if there’s any message from Byunghun. Hyojung pouted when her phone screen showed that there’s no message notification. She slowly placed back the device into the handbag with a sigh.

               “Oh, is he late too?!” She whispered. Oh yes, he was probably late too. They talked through the phone until 1am and how on earth could they woke up early if they slept that late? As she tried to search for her phone from the bag, she could feel someone bumped into her from behind, making her bag fell onto the floor.

                Hyojung just stared at the bag, not doing anything until the guy who bumped her picked it up from the ground. She didn’t raise her head up but mumbled a ‘thank you’ when he gave it back to her. She got herself back into the queue and didn’t bother to look at the gentleman.

                “Oh, it’s you?” He asked, with a tap on her shoulder.

                And that’s when she felt like hiding herself somewhere. He’s definitely the last person she wanted to see in that situation.

 

                After getting ready for work, Kevin rechecked his schedule. He had to go to the court at 9.30am to monitor the new lawyer he hired handling a small case. Even though it’s a small case, he needed to observe him so he would know what is his weakness and what is his strength.

                The clock on the wall struck 7.50am when he strutted through the main door of his house. He decided to eat breakfast at Chunsa Café since there’s no bread or eggs left in the kitchen.

                “I guess I have to go to grocery store after work.” Kevin sighed.

                He drove his car off to the café while humming to his favorite song. He’s not that up-to-date to current songs playing on music store. He used to, when he’s still a student at university. Oh well, work did make him busy.

                Kevin slowed down his car when he reached the café and then he parked his ride near a white car. The white car seemed familiar to him but no, he didn’t think that car belongs to his neighbor. Yes, the one who placed her car in the middle of the road.

                He shook off the thought and slammed off the door of his car before locking it using the remote button on his car key. Kevin ignored the stares coming from the younger girls who walked past him as he walked to the entrance of the café. He really didn’t understand why women are so attracted by physical appearance and not the personality.  

                If he grabbed one woman and asked her to be his girlfriend, she would agree right away not caring whether he’s a bad guy or good guy. He shook his head, smiling at the ladies, trying to give them a good vibe of him. They probably knew him. Wait, who doesn’t? He’s one of the top attorneys in Korea and people who own fame and money wanted him to be their representative in court.

                Kevin joined the queue with a smile but his steps went off a bit, making him bumped into a lady in front of him. The lady’s bag fell onto the floor but thankfully there’s nothing went out of it. Kevin picked up the bag and gave it back to her. He apologized for his lack of carefulness but then he frowned when he caught a glimpse of the lady in front of him. She turned her back on him after he listened to her mumbling a sincere thank you.

                He recognized the voice and he knew it’s her. But why did she look awful? She looked like she didn’t get to prepare properly for work. Slowly, Kevin’s right hand reached for her shoulder.

                “Oh, it’s you?” He tapped the lady’s shoulder. He tried to be casual as possible since they’re not at workplace. Kevin could feel her body stiffened at his touch. It took a little while for her to turn around and greet him back.

                “M-Mr Woo, annyeonghaseyo.” There was an awkward smile on her face. She bowed a little and then just stood there, facing him. He was amused by her… appearance. Her eyes were puffy and there were dark circles under them. He could tell that she didn’t get enough sleep. Her hair was a mess and wasn’t tied up, as if she didn’t comb her hair that morning. And her outfit, there were some crumples along the sleeves and collar of the dress shirt.

                “Miss Ahn, good morning. Grabbing breakfast?” Kevin spoke. He didn’t want her to feel uncomfortable if he said she looked like she had a terrible morning.

                “Y-yes.” Hyojung startled. Only God knew how much she wanted to run away from the café. A famous attorney who looked charismatic and an average attorney with shabby attire talking together in a place, how ironic.

                “Hmm, I’ve never seen you here around this time before. Your first time here?” Kevin asked. As a regular customer there, he really never saw Hyojung before.

                “Yeah, my first time. I am….” Her voice trailed off. She didn’t want to admit that she’s late. Kevin was probably going to laugh under his breath if she said so. She didn’t want her reputation in front of him to go down the drain. Or maybe it already had.

                Kevin wanted to chuckle when she stopped. It’s obviously she woke up late. “Late?” He raised his eyebrows.

                Hyojung was loss at words. She just nodded her head and then slowly turned her body around, so she couldn’t face him anymore. It’s too embarrassing. She was so fierce during the day of the conference but she was now a timid rat in front of him.

                “It’s fine, Miss Ahn.” He chuckled. “It’s normal for a perfect woman like you to make mistakes a few times in her life.” Kevin added. Hyojung just bit her lower lip and lowered down her head in embarrassment.

                “Hey, I’ll help you to order. You can sit somewhere in this café.” Kevin whispered. Hyojung rolled her eyes and looked at him. The guy just chuckled and pushed her out of line slowly.

                “But I don’t want to trouble you. I can buy it myself.” Hyojung said and tried to get back in queue.

                “Just sit, Miss Ahn. I want to be nice here.” He pushed her and gestured her to move to a table for two near the glass window. Kevin stared at her amusedly when she didn’t budge even a bit.

                “Miss Ahn.” He cleared his throat. “Go. I’ll buy you Americano.” He said softly. Oh, that voice.

                Hyojung huffed and glared at him before she walked to the table. She hated how he made her fell under his control. Maybe that was one of his tactics to lure the witnesses so they could tell everything to him and eventually helped him to win every single case.

                Kevin laughed silently while he watched the young lady made his way to her seat. She was so stubborn and he’s craving to know why she was behaving like that? Was it a part of her personality?

                “Welcome to Chunsa Café. What would you like to order, sir?” The worker asked him with the same bright smile. He smiled back and looked at the menu display on top of the counter.

                “Give me a cup of hot cappuccino and a tall glass of iced Americano.” He said.

                “Is that all, sir?” She pressed something onto the menu screen and then smiled at him.

                Kevin looked through the menu again and focused on the pastries section. “And please give me Set A of Holland Bakery.” He nodded.

                After a few while, Hyojung saw Kevin coming with a tray of medium sized box of pastries and coffees. She helped him to arrange to food on the table and placed the tray at the table behind her.

                “I’ll pay you.” She took out the purse from her hand bag but Kevin quickly waved his hand around.

                “It’s my treat. No need for payback, okay?” He said. “Let’s enjoy our breakfast.” Kevin chuckled as he pushed the box in front of her.

                “T-thank you.” Hyojung said as she grabbed a tart from the box and placed it onto her plate. She bit onto it piece by piece and tried not to look like a hungry pig in front of him.

                Kevin laughed a little when he noticed her trying to control the way she eats. The fierce Hyojung was no longer inside his head but the weird Hyojung was totally a whole new creation to him. Kevin just watched her as she ate and drank. He couldn’t help but to ask her something.

                “Do you always eat like this at home? Or during lunch with your co-workers?” Kevin sipped on his cappuccino.

                Hyojung rolled her eyes. Of course not. She just ate like that when she felt uncomfortable with the person eating with her.

                “No. I only eat like this with people I’m not familiar with.”

                “Then eat like your normal self. You don’t have to be so careful while biting your tart. It’s just so abnormal for me to watch.” He chuckled.

                “Fine. I’ll eat like my normal self.” She harrumphed and bit her second tart. She chewed on it a little louder and the crumbs fell on top of her black slacks, in which she dusted them off roughly.

                “Now, that’s normal.”  Kevin breathed, satisfied with her action. It’s not so ordinary for him to watch girls eating their food carefully when they’re actually not like that. Kevin munched on his bread as his eyes were directed to her look. She’s not going to be a good if she wore like that to office. Kevin didn’t know why he felt so itchy to tell everything that is wrong with her in that particular morning.

                “Is it true that you really have won a lot against my lawyers?” Oh, he didn’t mean to ask that question but he just went with the flow to keep the conversation going.

                “Yup, I’ve told you before right?” She answered with straight face. Why on earth was he asking that question? She kept on chewing until something popped into her mind.

                “Mr Woo, I don’t mean to offense but is it true that you’re so picky at choosing the cases?”

                “So this question comes back after a few years of not hearing it, huh?” Kevin crossed his arms and leaned back to his chair, a little not comfortable with the little issue.

                It was quite a controversy back then, when Kevin was near his peak of his career. He was 26 years old during that time. Kevin was accused for not taking any case that would make him lose. He was extremely disappointed with the issue since he never had the intention to be a picky little attorney. It was just his luck or maybe his ability that made him won a lot of cases. At that moment, he knew people could be cruel, greed, and jealous when they heard of others’ successful achievement.

                “I think it’s just my luck.” He breathed.

                “I see..” Hyojung nodded.

                “Actually I want to say something to you.” Kevin finally let out his discomfort.

                Hyojung widened her eyes. Was it something bad? “What?”

                “You’re not going to work looking like that.” He pointed out his finger at her. Hyojung looked at herself and realized what he was talking about.

                “I know, but I have no time to go back and change. I have to be at firm in 10 minutes.” She sighed. That was what she got for sleeping late at night and waking up late in the morning.

                “Never mind, I’ll call Mr Jung and tell him that I lend you for a while.”

                “It’s okay, I’ll just go to the firm with this. I don’t want to get into trouble.” Hyojung already had his handbag with her and got ready to stand up from her seat.

                Kevin’s face went dark and he quickly gave her a glare. She noticed it as a warning not to go anywhere without his permission and quickly sat still in her place.

                “Mr Jung is like a hyung with me. Just believe me, he’ll let me have you for awhile.” Kevin assured.

                “Alright, if you insist.” Hyojung mumbled.

                Kevin smiled and immediately called Mr Jung. He told him that he had something to discuss with Hyojung and she’d probably be at office around 9.30am. Mr Jung just simply said it’s fine for Kevin to have her as long as she’s not absent without any reason.

                “See? It’s as simple as that.” Kevin waved his phone at her a bit and then placed it back into his pocket. Hyojung blinked at him, a little amazed at his connection with her boss.

                “Oh..” That was the only thing came out from .

                “So, what are you waiting for, Miss Ahn?” He smiled. He didn’t know the reason why she didn’t move from her place. She’s probably a bit shocked from his offer.

                “Huh?” Hyojung blinked again.

                “Run along. You need to get to the firm before 9.30am.” Kevin chuckled.

                Hyojung quickly stood up from her chair and bowed at him repetitively. “Thank you very much, Mr Woo. For the treat and this one. Have a nice day!” With that, she gave him a bow once again before sprinted out of the café. Kevin just shook his head and was engrossed with the young lady’s behavior. She’s definitely an average woman and not a perfect human at all.

                Hyojung went out of café with a huge sigh of relief. Knowing that Kevin had helped her overcome the biggest problem of the year, she felt thankful and blessed with her encounter with the young man. Even though they barely knew each other, he willingly offered to help her.

                “Now it’s time to get rush and stuff.” She said as she started to drive back to the neighborhood.