Visit

Kevin Woo, I Object Your Love { discontinued }

 

                 Hyojung twirled the pen using her fingers while she looked at the document before her eyes. It looked like she had to go to the court again this week to accompany her colleague, Nara for a hearing. No wonder Seyong, her other colleague did not like this work of observing new fresh lawyers because he knew it was tiring and sometimes would mess up with his own schedule. She checked the other document and she realized that she had an appointment with one of her most important clients. And now her schedule was all jumbled up as well.

                “Great, how could I forget this one?” She scrunched her nose. Hyojung called her secretary and asked him to rearrange back her timetable. She had to ask anybody else to replace her or she might crawl to the front door of her house like a zombie when she got back later.

                “Miss Ahn, Mr Seo is here. Do you want me to bring any snacks or coffee?” Her secretary offered.

                “Sure, and please bring mocha for him. He likes it strong and cold.” Hyojung smiled. The fact that she noticed her clients’ favorite drinks made her proud of herself sometimes. Her boss, Mr Jung said, tackle your clients with their favorite tea and they will tell you everything. And from her observation so far, Mr Jung was definitely correct. They would give her all the information she needed and stayed long to have some mini chat with her.

                “Alright, what about you, Miss Ahn? The usual?” He asked.

                “Hmm, I want something sweet. Just give me watermelon juice from the vendor machine.”

                “Ah, really? I thought you would ask for iced chocolate milk or something.”

                “Nah, I got sick of it.” Hyojung laughed. “Hmm, you should go now and tell him to come in.”

                Her secretary nodded and left the room. Soon, a man with physicals of late 20s walked in with a grin. Hyojung tried to smile brightly but she just could not. This one client always got her on her nerve and the thing she could best do was just endure it and let it slide.

                “Hey beautiful Ahn Hyojung, how are you?” Seo Jongmin asked, his playful smile was still there and it was clearly drawn on Hyojung’s face that there was a hint of her confining her true expression through that faint grin of her.

                “I’m doing perfectly fine. I hope you are just as fine as me.” She placed a few pieces of paper in front of her and got her pen ready.

                “Of course I’m fine. Beyond that, I should say.” He exclaimed. Then, Dohyun the secretary came in with a tray of tarts, a tall glass of iced mocha and a can of watermelon juice. He placed it down on the coffee table that separated Hyojung and her client.

                “Thanks, Dohyun.” She said to the young assistant.

                “Yes, thanks, Dohyun. Mocha is my favorite.” Mr Seo interrupted while taking his mocha and quickly brought the lip of the glass to meet his. Hyojung threw him a look (but of course he did not notice it) and gestured Dohyun to move with a simple bow.

                When Dohyun was out of the sight, Hyojung started with the discussion considering Mr Seo’s case. Illegal gambling, wait, scratch that, gambling was the reason why the man was brought to justice and looking at how he was enjoying every sip of his favorite type of coffee, he did not seem to care less because he knew as a client, he had to make Hyojung work. But he had to understand in order to make her work, he had to give information.

                “Mr Seo, when was the last time you went to the club?” Hyojung was ready to take down some notes until the man shrugged and placed back the glass onto the table.

                “I don’t know, I can’t remember.” He said, flatly.

                “Are you certain about that?” Hyojung felt extremely irritated. It’s been their 4th meeting yet she did not get much detail from him to back him up at court later.

                “Go out with me first.”

                Her eyes widened as she let out a long frustrated sigh. He was always like this, making her temper rose up and if he didn’t stop, she might burst and for sure, she did not want that to happen. But it would not hurt if she could chase him away. Or maybe pass him to other lawyers because she would lose her sanity if she kept him in the same room with her for a long time.

                “You must be joking.” Hyojung faked a laugh. “Anyways, I think Mr Jung himself would love to take this case with him. In other words, he will settle this case.”

                Seo Jongmin’s smiled died. “But Mr Jung wants you to have me. He says you are the best in this firm.” He scowled. Oh boy, his true gangster self was coming out.

                “I may be the best, which is I am unsure of that one myself. But if I have to handle every single client who is so like you, I can’t reach the top. I just can’t.” Hyojung leaned back in her seat and drank her watermelon juice. It tasted sweet but not sweet enough to ease her anger.

                “So now you’re telling me that I am rude?” He scoffed.

                That’s it. She was going to end this. “If you imply it that way, hmm, maybe?”

                “Oh my goodness, you,” Mr Seo pointed at her, his forehead getting wrinkled. “I give up, I’ll have Mr Jung.” And, he left her office just like that.

                Hyojung shook her head at the little incident and soon her secretary came in with his usual calm expression. She helped him gathering back the untouched tarts and half-full glass of Mocha back onto the tray.

                “What did you do to him?” Dohyun asked.

                “You know that he is full of nonsense. He talks crap every time he comes here.” You whined. Dohyun was just able to laugh at your reaction. She was right, Mr Seo Jongmin often flirting with the female clerks there and he even flirted with Hyojung which wasn’t the best step because he did not know how to be professional in dealing with person who could save him from being dragged to jail.

                “I understand that. I saw him heading to Mr Jung’s office. I bet our boss is going to be real strict with that dude.”

                “100%.” Hyojung giggled. Then, the room went quiet after Dohyun excused himself to send the tray away. It’s almost evening and according to the clock on the wall, there were still two hours left before she could go home and enjoy her time rolling on the soft mattress of her bed.

                Then she felt her phone vibrated but she decided to ignore it because she knew that she had told everyone in her contact list not to disturb her during working hours. Well, she used to play with her phone before and that was why she slacked off. To make up for it, she made the rule to herself so she could concentrate more. She even told Byunghun not to contact her or she would be mad.

                The phone vibrated. And Hyojung ignored it once again.

 

                Kevin decided not to go to work that day because he did not have much to do at the firm. He was already done with the preparation for a big case the following week and apart from that, nothing more. He went into the kitchen to find something to eat but realizing that he actually did not know how to cook, he gave up and grabbed on his jacket to go to the convenience store.

                There, he bought everything that he could shove inside his barely full refrigerator and some snacks for him to eat at night. Life was hard without his mother’s cooking and he had to prove to himself that he should cook and eat whatever he had put his effort into.

                After he’s done shopping all the things needed for his kitchen, he headed home. A car was parked in front of his house and he noticed that it was Dongho’s. What would Dongho do around that time in the neighborhood? Kevin parked his car right behind his and as soon as he went out, a smiling Dongho greeted him.

                “Hey, hyung. How are you?” Dongho gave him a brotherly hug and pulled away.

                “Pretty good. What are you doing here?” Kevin asked.

                “I went to visit someone just now.”

                “Really?” He replied. Then, something ticked his mind as he remembered that Hyemi, Dongho’s girlfriend lived in the same area. “Hey, visiting your girlfriend, huh?”

                Dongho nodded fervently. “Yes, she said she needs someone to make her feel calm, so I came.”

                “Do you really have to tell me, Dongho?”

                “Of course.” He smiled but then he realized that Kevin implied something else. “Hyung, we just had a simple meal. And we played video games. Sheesh.”

                Kevin patted the man who was like a younger brother to him on the back. “I was just kidding. How do you know that I’m not at the firm today?”

                “Eli hyung told me that you want to have a drink with him this evening and he asked me to join you guys. Eh, you didn’t even ask for me so why would I go there?” Dongho huffed. He helped Kevin to bring out the grocery bags from the hood and carried them into his house.

                “I guess he doesn’t check his phone because I told him I cancel the plan.” Kevin said. He opened the front door and letting Dongho walked in first because the amount of bags he was carrying were many compared to his bags.

                “I think he’s stuck with his work.” Dongho placed the bags onto the kitchen counter and panted. “Wow, that’s a lot. Are you filling up the stock until you die or what?”          

                “Yeah, until I die. Pfft, of course not, I’m going to try cooking this stuff. Hopefully it will turn out well.” Kevin nodded. He was already busy arranging the items into the cabinet.

                “Wow, our Kevin hyung is going to cook. What an achievement! You, holding a ladle is an event that must be celebrated.” The other laughed. Kevin just narrowed his eyes at him before continuing doing his work.

                “Thanks, Dongho. You should tell the whole world about it. By the way, don’t touch those muffins in the box. They are for your girlfriend and her sister.” Kevin warned him before anything happened. It is always known in his circle of friends that Dongho is one of those people who eat a lot. And it could be worse at times.

                “Oh, they visited you before? Hyemi told me nothing about it.”

                “Yeah, I was kind of shocked when I saw two of them in front of the door. But I was more taken aback when your girlfriend was there. Her sister was someone I know from the industry. Kind of relief because of the fact that I know her and Hyemi is your girlfriend.” Kevin stated. Yes, it was very relieving that the world is small and he did not have to try hard to be comfortable with his new neighbor.

                “Cool for you.” Dongho said. “Anyways, good luck with your new life. I think I have to go back to the company. My old man is going to be super mad at me if he knows I sneak out to meet Hyemi.”

                Kevin just laughed at his words. “You lucky rich kid. Say hi to your father, then.” He led Dongho to the front door and bade him goodbye. It was bliss to have someone to visit him even though it was just for a while.

                He walked back into the kitchen and then his eyes were diverted to the muffin box. It was an apology gift to Hyojung for ruining her morning. He then pulled out a piece of blank white card from his pocket, which he got from the bakery as a card for greeting and stuff. He started to scribble down some notes on it because he knew Hyojung wasn’t at home and there would be only Hyemi alone.

                He walked down the street with a box in his hand. Thank goodness their house was not that far from his. Well, he thought it was far at first because he was like how on earth those two could walk to his house without feeling tired. Walking distance, he reminded himself.

                Kevin pressed the bell of their house and he swore he felt nervous. He did not understand why, most probably because he was facing a house occupied by two girls. He never walked into a girl’s house before.

                “Hey there.” A woman probably around her 60s greeted him as soon as the door was opened. Kevin widened his eyes. Wait, he thought there were only two ladies inside the house. Hyemi, and her sister, Hyojung.

                “Ah, yes. Excuse me but is this Ahn Hyemi and Ahn Hyojung’s house?” Kevin asked. He just wanted to make sure even thought he was sure that that house belonged to them.

                “Yes, dear. Who are you, by the way?” She smiled.

                “Oh, I’m the new neighbor from that house over there.” He pointed his finger towards his house. “My name is Kevin. I thought Hyemi only lives with her sister here.”

                “Ah! I’m their mother.” The older woman laughed softly. Kevin could see resemblance between her and the two sisters. How did he not realize that obvious thing? “Do you want to meet?”

                Kevin shook his head gently. “It’s okay, I just want to give them these muffins. A gift, of course.”

                “That is so nice of you, Kevin. Why don’t you join us for dinner later?” She offered.

                He thought it was a good idea but no, he had to learn cooking that night. “It’s okay, I shouldn’t be a bother to your family.”

                “No, it’s okay, really.” She exclaimed.

                Kevin suddenly realized that it wouldn’t hurt to join them if she insisted. He could get to know them better and they could know him more. Benefits on both sides. “Then, I’ll come around 5 to 6.”

                “That’s wonderful!” The woman clasped her hands together. A scream was heard from her back and not so long after that a young lady appeared beside her.

                “Eh, Kevin oppa?” Hyemi rubbed her eyes.

                “I just drop by to send some treats.” He beamed.

                “Eh?”

                “Aigoo Hyemi, I don’t know what Dongho has done to you but I think you should go to your room and sleep more.” Her mother patted her head in which Hyemi just nodded and went upstairs to continue her sleep.

                “Sorry, Kevin. She was feeling tired after her boyfriend came. Probably because of the latest video game that he brought. I don’t understand those two, really.” She let out a soft laugh.

                Kevin just nodded at her words. It was pleasant to see that a mother is comfortable having her daughter’s boyfriend around. Unlike other parents who were very strict, Kevin noticed from her body language that this woman was more open about relationship.

                “It’s okay, let them have their own time.” Kevin stated. “I might come early to help you with dinner.” He said, stepping back a little as if he was ready to go.

                “Sure, Kevin, if you want to. We always welcome you here.” She said. Then they exchange goodbyes and Kevin was very happy to have a very friendly neighbor. He was really looking forward the dinner. Screw his cooking, he was going to enjoy homemade food.

 

                Hyojung rushed out of her house when she realized that the clock was ringing. It was 5pm and it was time for her to go home. She did not want to waste any more time and she just wanted to go home to rest. Wait, she still had to cook dinner. Crazy Hyemi for not knowing how to cook. Hopefully her sister would know how to cook next time so she would not be really tired when she stepped into the house.

                “Goodbye.” Hyojung said to one of her colleagues when she walked down the stairs, heading to the entrance. She took out her car key and that was when she felt someone grabbed her hand from behind.

                “Aish, really? Why are you walking so fast?” The person who pulled her hand asked. She knew that voice a little bit too much. She glanced through her shoulder and a smile appeared on her face when she saw that face. Her tiredness almost went away when she looked at him.

                “Oh, you’re here.” She blushed. Byunghun released her and placed back the strands of hair that covered her face to their place.

                “Of course I’m here. Gosh, you look exhausted.” He patted her cheeks. Hyojung really loved it when Byunghun did that to her. She loved everything he did but the question now was, why did Byunghun do all that? What was their relationship? She wanted to know but she was too afraid to know.

                “Ah, there is too much work today. Hmm, what are you doing here?” She asked.

                “I, um, actually, bring something with me. They’re inside of the car.” His eyes looked everywhere but her.

                “What is it?”

                “Oh, just a bag of stuff I want to cook for dinner at your house tonight. And roses. Do you like roses?” He said nervously.

                Hyojung raised her eyebrows. Dinner at her house? What is wrong with this Byunghun? “I don’t remember telling you that we’re going to have dinner at my house. And yes, I like roses. Why?”

                “Hyojung, I’ll be your chef tonight. Since you look so tired, I’ll cook for you, okay? And the roses are for you.” Byunghun kissed her forehead and stormed to his car to get the bouquet. He ran back with a wide smile and kneeled down, getting everyone’s attention to both of them.

                Hyojung who was still in shock from the forehead kiss, covered with her hand and looked at him. “What are you doing? Get up!”

                “No, I’m not going to get up until I say this. Ahn Hyojung, will you be my girlfriend?” He held out the rose to her, his head was hung low.

                She gasped and took the roses. Everyone else who walked pass them just whispered something to each other and smiled, probably happy for them. Hyojung just nodded and took the bouquet without any protest. When Byunghun got up on his feet, she immediately threw herself to him and hugged him as tight as possible.

                “Wow, I can’t believe you just said yes.” Byunghun breathed into her hair and kissed her head.

                Hyojung pulled away and grinned. “You know what? I just thought of what kind of relationship we’re having and then you came up with this.”

                “Oh, really? I’m sorry to surprise your evening with this lame confession.” He scratched the back of his neck.

                “It’s not lame. It was abrupt but I like it.” Hyojung laughed. “By the way, about dinner, my sister is at home. Is it going to be fine for you to have her with us?”

                “It’s fine. I can get to know your sister more. Hmm, let’s go. We don’t want our dinner to be served late.” He held her hand and all type of feelings gathered inside her. Their relationship was official and she could not believe that Byunghun was now her boyfriend. The best so far, compared to other men she dated before.

                “Alright, but you bring your own car, right?”

                “Yes, you shall lead me. I’ll follow you from behind.” He said. Then, before she walked to her car, he pulled her into his embrace and kissed her fully on the lips. Hyojung was caught off guard at first but she replied back his kiss. His lips were warm and she was afraid of getting addicted to them. Damn, why must those lips tastes so good?

                “God, I should have confessed earlier.” Byunghun grinned, earning a slap on the chest by her.

                “Go back to your car. You said we have to get our dinner ready, right?” She pushed him gently and left him alone at his spot.

                When they arrived at Hyojung’s house, she was shocked why it was so quiet. Usually, Hyemi would be at the living room watching her favorite TV show. And other weird thing she noticed was how tidy the house was. There were no dirty plates in the sink, no dirty clothes on the floor. She checked around the house and amazed at how clean the house was. It couldn’t be Hyemi. Hyemi wouldn’t do housework unless she was forced to.

                “Anything wrong, baby?” Byunghun tapped her shoulder. He was ready to cook and all the ingredients were laid out in front of him.

                “Nothing, Hyemi is sleeping, I guess.” She said, sitting on a stool and ready to watch him cooking. She was beyond excited about his dinner plan but the thought of Hyemi would be joining them made her heart dropped.

                “Hmm, let her sleep. Before I start, there’s a box of muffins on this counter before. I moved it to there.” He pointed at somewhere behind her. Hyojung turned around and without moving herself to get the box, she managed to take it because it was just too near. There was a card on top of it and Hyojung opened it to read the content.

                “Eh?” Hyojung blurted when she saw a name below of the card.

                “Secret admirer’s gift, eh?” Byunghun teased.

                “No, it’s from a new neighbor. He said my apple pie was delicious.” Hyojung said. It was surprising to have an apology gift from someone who just moved in but knowing that he had done something unpleasant to her, she just nodded to herself.

                “You baked apple pie for him? A man you barely know?” Byunghun pretended to be hurt while clenching his chest. Hyojung laughed at his act and slapped his arm. He really needed to stop exaggerating or she might have to stop him herself.

                Soon, they heard front door was opened. Byunghun put down his knife and looked at Hyojung. She just shrugged and motioned him to continue with he was doing. Maybe Hyemi was out to look for food and just came home.

                “Hyojung, my daughter!”

                And that was when Hyojung rose from her stool and turned her body to face the person. Her mother did not just come to her house without telling her. She pinched her arm to make sure that everything in front of her was reality and yes, it did.

                “Umma, why are you here?” Hyojung spoke. Byunghun at the back was just able to smile and bow at her mother. He did not expect to be in that situation and he realized how awkward it was to be there. Looking at his girlfriend, he knew that she was feeling awkward as well.

                “I called you to tell you that I’m coming today but you didn’t pick up my call and who is this gentleman over here?” Her mother moved her eyes to Byunghun, who was smiling nervously.

                Hyojung looked at him and asked him to stand beside her. Byunghun took off his apron and immediately walked to them.

                “I’m Lee Byunghun, nice to meet you, ma’am.” He bowed.

                “Aigoo, you are so handsome. Your boyfriend, Hyo?”

                Hyojung nodded gently and Byunghun was just able to confirm with a smile. He did not know what to do anymore except for flashing his smile.

                “This is so nice. Are you guys cooking dinner? Well, actually I plan on fixing dinner for us but then I realized that there’s nothing much to cook of so I went to the market with your new neighbor.”

                Hyojung looked at her mother in disbelief. New neighbor? She did not just say that. How on earth would she know Kevin? They had never met before. Wait, the muffins.

                “Mrs Ahn, I’m sorry but one of the bags seems to have a hole at the bottom. I might have to use plastic bags to transfer the items inside it.” Kevin said while entering the kitchen.

                And all eyes were on him. 

 


i'm just going to leave this here. happy reading, everyone!

gosh, i missed writing for this fic. comments, i need comments. and love!

i love you.