Their Saturday

Kevin Woo, I Object Your Love { discontinued }

:D 


 

 

         Saturday came again and Kevin wanted to make use of that day to move everything into his new house. He arrived early at the neighborhood and saw a few trucks from the furniture store parked at the front yard.

        “Mr Woo, we’re from Aurora Furniture.” A middle-aged fat guy approached him and he took his hand, shaking it.

        “You guys are pretty early. I thought I told the manager to send you at 9am.” Kevin patted the guy who was called Jungun on the back. Jungun then introduced him to the rest of the boys that he brought.

        Kevin found out that the people with him were not enough if he wanted to complete everything in 24 hours. He put the standing lamp at the corner of the living room and pulled out his phone from the back pocket of his shorts.

        “Dongho-yah, are you busy?” He asked the 26-years-old through the phone.

       “Nope.” Dongho answered.

       “Can you come over to my new house and help me to arrange the furniture?”

       “Sure. Tell me the address.” Dongho said lazily. Kevin frowned, then he remembered that only Dongho and Kiseop didn’t know where his house was because they didn’t come when he asked his friends to help him painting the house.

        He hung up and texted him the address. Kevin realized that he really needed this one important person to help him with the decoration of the house.

        “Kaeun nuna.” He whispered as he looked for her contact number in his phone.

        “Mr Woo, can we start arranging the furniture?” Jungun said as soon as he put down the mini wooden table onto the floor. Kevin looked at him and then at the furniture that fill almost all the space in the living room.

         “Uh….” He was cut off by the yelling voice from his phone.  Knowing that Kevin had to hold up for a while, Jungun left the living room.

         “Soohyun hyung? Where’s Kaeun nuna?” Kevin asked him.

         “She’s in the kitchen, feeding Joohyun. What are you doing? Calling her early in the morning?” Soohyun came up with a lot of questions and some naggings. Kevin sighed and just let him be as he took his time to walk around his house.

         “You’re done?” Kevin asked when he heard his hyung stop saying anything.

         “Yes.”

         “I forgot to tell you guys to come here and help me to move this furniture around. And Kaeun nuna is really needed right now. I don’t know where to put all these thing.” He whined.

         “You really are something. Fine, we’ll get there soon.” Soohyun hung up.

          Kevin, with the help of the workers from the furniture store, carried some of the stuff to his bedroom. If everything was complete on that day, he could officially move in on the next day. He felt happy with the neighborhood because it looked calm and clean. It was really a nice place for him, oh you know why. All the stress from work could go away just like that as you see the environment of the neighborhood itself.

          Not so long after that, a red car appeared on Kevin’s sight. The driver went out with a few men with him and walked to the house with an amused look on their face.

         “Kevin, you need to treat us lunch because of this.” Eli pointed at the furniture inside the room.

          “Aish, hyung, do you really have to kill us on weekend?” Dongho whined. He looked around and nodded to himself. “Your house is so close to her house.” He mumbled.

         Kevin wiped the sweats formed on his temple. “This will be the last one you have to carry something heavy in your life, pabo.” He huffed.

        “And yes, I’ll buy lunch for all of us. Don’t worry about the food.” Kevin moved his eyes to Eli. The only person he had to wait was Kaeun. Things won’t happen if she’s not there.

        God really loved him at that moment because as soon as he thought of Kaeun would come at any moment, a black car stopped by and three figures went out of the car. Soohyun, Kaeun, and their son, Joohyun.

         “Nuna, hurry!” Kevin shouted from the front door. Kaeun puffed her cheeks and stomped to him with unpleasant expression on  her face. Eli laughed but stopped when she glared at him.

         “You are so going to be the death of me.” Kaeun pointed her finger right under Kevin’s nose and pushed him out of her way. Kevin raised both of his hands in the air and let her passed over without complaining.

         The others watched her in disbelief and looked at each other, as if asking what happened to her to be in such mood. Soohyun just chuckled and brought Joohyun to the three guys.

         “Nuna is scary.” Dongho blurted out.

         “Mood swing.” Soohyun shrugged. “She’ll be fine when she helps Kevin arranging the stuff.”

         “Oh….” Both Dongho and Eli nodded in unison.

         “I better go.” Kevin left the guys and went to the master bedroom. He saw Kaeun stood at the center of the room with her eyes closed. Then, she walked around the room and looked at certain spaces.

         ‘Probably her way to get inspiration’ Kevin thought.

         Kaeun stopped abruptly and opened her eyes. She took a look around once again and clasped her hands together.

         “I can feel nice aura here, Kevin.” She smiled. “Let’s get started.”

         They went to carry the furniture into his bedroom. Since Kaeun was a woman, or in this case, the head of everything that should be done that day, she just stood there and ordered people around.

         “Yah, I told you to put the bookshelf at the left, right?” She yelled at Eli.

         “No, you didn’t.” Eli replied innocently but he didn’t complain much.

         “Yes, I did. I looked straight into your eyes when I told you.” Kaeun crossed her arms and rested them under her chest.

         “Fine, nuna. I’ll move it later.” Eli walked out of the bedroom and waved his hand around.

         “Eli. Come back here and do it now before I rip off your head.” She put pressure into her sentence. Terrified, Eli slowly made his way back to the bookshelf and placed it at the right spot.

         “There. Now that’s nice.” Kaeun beamed. Eli just shook his head in annoyance and left her  alone.

         It’s almost 80% done when the noon approached. As promised, Kevin bought lunch for his friends and the workers from Aurora Furniture. They ate them happily and continued to finish all the work by the end of the day.

         “So, you’re going to move in tomorrow?” Soohyun asked.

         Kevin nodded and a satisfying smile appeared on his face. “Yes.”

         “That’s too fast.” Eli added.

         “I just can’t wait to live on my own.” Kevin shrugged. “This house looks cool when all the things are in.”

         “Pfft, or you just can’t wait to get rid of your mother?” Kaeun stood beside him.

         “Oh, have to agree with that one.” Eli joined her. They hi-fived each other and mocked Kevin.

         They quit the so-called discussion and got back to work.  Eli and Kaeun would argue all the time but they were able to tolerate each other because of Soohyun. Without they knew it, they had completed everything and Kevin could move in on the next day as planned.

          ‘Yes, finally.’ Kevin stood proudly, looking at the final touch.

 

         “Unnie, let’s go shopping.” Hyemi s her arms around Hyojung’s waist, who was washing the dishes after the they had their dinner.

         “Shopping?” Hyojung popped her eyes out.

         “Yup, shopping.”

         “Aish, you know I don’t like shopping at night.” She whined.

         “But unnie, I really want to go shopping.” Hyemi whined back. Hyojung just rolled her eyes as she washed the last dirty plate.

         “No, I don’t want to.” She insisted.

         Hyemi hugged her tighter. “Unnie, please?” She nuzzled her chin on Hyojung’s shoulder.

         “No.” Hyojung turned around to face her and released her sister’s arms from her.

         She strutted to the living room and the tv to watch some shows that might attract her attention from Hyemi. Hyojung wanted to go shopping with her sister but her eyesight at night was worse so she had to say ‘no’ to Hyemi. Wearing glasses would be too complex for her because she wanted to get rid of it outside of office hours.

         “Hmm, what about tomorrow?” Hyemi plopped herself beside her.

         Hyojung nodded. “Sure, but I’ll go on my own if you decided to take some time, I mean a lot of time to put on make-up and stuff.”

         “Aww, I want to look good in front of people.” She whined.

         “Just wear simple clothes.” Hyojung scoffed. “Or do you want to attract guys?” A smirk crawled onto her face.

         “Unnie!” The younger lady screamed and hit Hyojung with small cushions on the couch. They wrestled each other, bit each other, and pulled each other’s hair. It’s a mess, really.

         “Hyemi, stop!”

         “No, you stop first!”

         “You’re really going to get this.”

         “Not when I tell umma you don’t date Kiseop oppa!”

         “Yah!!!” Hyojung chased Hyemi and tackled her down onto the ground when she got the hold of her sister.

         The phone call seemed to be the worst thing happened that time. It ruined Hyojung’s plan to tickle Hyemi and she’s really not happy with it. Hyojun got off her sister and made her way to the kitchen to answer the phone. She looked at the caller ID and felt a little happy by seeing the name.

          “Why are you calling me around this time, Seulmi-ssi?” She peeked at Hyemi, who was dusting her pants after getting up from the floor.

          “Nothing, really. But are you free tonight?”

          “Pretty free. Why?” Hyojung heard some giggling that she was too familiar with.

          “Oh, why are the rest are there?” She continued.

          “We want to go to the new club near the one we always go. Partying, you know.”

          Hyojung grew interested at her words. She felt going too but Hyemi might want to follow, which was the most irritating thing on earth because she would talk a lot and left her alone.

          “I wanna join!” She squealed. Hyemi rushed to her sister when she saw her getting excited over something.

          “Where are you going?” Hyemi whispered but Hyojung ignored her.

          “Well, you are always welcome. Get dress now, we’re coming soon.” Seulmi laughed.

          “Fine… but…” Hyojung took at look at her sister who looked she was dying to know what they’re talking about.

          “But what?”

          Hyojung bit her lips. “Can I bring my sister?”

          “Oh, sure! Tell her to get dress too. Okay, see ya later!” Her friend hung up. She threw the phone on the couch and looked at Hyemi.

          “Wow unnie, you didn’t want to go shopping with me because you wanted to hang out with your friends?” Hyemi asked dramatically.

          “She just called me and I wanna join them. Problem?” Hyojung tilted her head.

          “Yes.”

          “Shut up. I invite you to the club. Now let’s get dressed.” She pulled Hyemi’s hand and dragged her to the bedroom.

          “Since you don’t have much suitable outfits for clubbing, I’ll let you lend some from mine.” Hyojung opened the closet that full of glittery dress, short shorts, and revealing clothes.

          “I never knew you have A LOT of this.” Hyemi’s hands went to dig into the closet and pulled out some dress she had interest in.

          “You don’t know your sister, Mimi.” She pulled out a navy blue short dress and a black stiletto from her closet. The dress was very short that if she bent down to take something from the floor, everyone could what she hides underneath the dress. But she didn’t care, she just wanted to have fun.

          “I think I’ll just have this tube and skinny jeans. Dongho will kill me if he knows I wear something he doesn’t like.” She changed into the clothes she chose and checked herself in front of the mirror.

          “Poor you for having a boyfriend.” Hyojung laughed and went to change in the bathroom. She examined herself on the mirror and curled up a few strands of her hair so she would look a bit fun. Very bright red lipstick was smothered on her lips and she dressed her eyes with eyeliner.

          “Unnie, are you okay?” Hyemi covered when she saw her sister standing in the bathroom like the iest female on earth.

          “Yes, I am.” She smiled and patted Hyemi’s cheeks. Soon, they heard someone honk the car in front of their car.

          “It must be them. Let’s go.” Hyojung giggled and grabbed the glittery purse on her table.

          Hyemi just shook her head and followed her from behind. Her sister must have been freaking excited to wear something like that to a night club.

          The group of five entered the new club and were amused by the y atmosphere that the club was trying to offer. They were greeted with a lot of hot guys and alcoholic beverages, not to mention the cigarettes smoke.

         “Wow, this place is pretty cool.” Aeri said as they headed to the bar.

         “Yeah, and a lot of hot boys.” Hyojung laughed.

          They sure they would hang around the club often since the club has everything that made them interested in coming over in the future.

          “Try this cocktail, it’s heaven.” Chaeyeon offered Seulmi the beverage she just got from the counter.

          “Nice.” Seulmi sipped on it again.

          “Well, I want to dance. Hyemi, you can watch from the bar if you want.” Hyojung winked at her sister and left for the dance floor.

          She made herself comfortable while dancing and drowned into the music that was played perfectly that night. She swayed her hips around and showed the S-line she got to some people who was probably looking at hair. Hyojung jumped in her place and flipped her hair as she enjoyed the atmosphere of the club.

          Suddenly, she felt someone s his arms around her waist and grounded against her. Hyojung joined him and danced ily with the guy. She wanted to turn around but the male put her still in the position.

          “Hmm, being a y lawyer, aren’t we?” The guy whispered. Hyojung recognized his voice a little bit too much and spun herself around.

          “Ahn Sukjong!” She hugged the person in front of her tightly. Sukjong hugged her back just as tight and kissed the top of her head.

          “Hey, what are you doing here?” He smiled at her. “And what a revealing dress, Hyo.”

          Hyojung cover her chest shyly and brought him to the corner of the dance floor where less people danced.

          “Having fun, for sure. Aish, you get skinnier, oppa. Look at you.” Hyojung spun him around and looked at his figure.

          “It’s because I miss my cousin’s delicious cooking.” He pouted.

          “Oppa, you can come anytime to our house. I’ll cook tasty food for if you’re planning to come.” Hyojung nodded. She had no idea she would meet her favorite cousin at such place. Oh well, Sukjong loves to fool around at the club too. Can’t blame the place.

           “Sure, where’s Hyemi?” He looked around.

           “She’s probably with my friends at the bar.”

           “Friends? Wow, I’m currently solo. Introduce me?” Sukjong rested his arms on her shoulders.

           “You and your playboy thingy.” Hyojung scrunched her nose. “Fine.”

           Hyojung dragged  her cousin to the bar. Hyemi saw him and quickly jumped onto Sukjong, hugging him tightly. The rest of her friends whispered to each other and nudged Hyojung. She just laughed at her curious friends and dragged Sukjong away from Hyemi so he could stand beside her.

           “Well, this is my beloved cousin, Ahn Sukjong.”

           “And Sukjong, these are my friends, Aeri, Seulmi, and Chaeyeon.” She pointed at her friends who were waving shyly at him.

            The night went on with flirting session between Sukjong and Hyojung’s friends. Hyojung just ignored them and walked back to the dance floor to dance until the dawn. There were many men trying to dance with her but she kept rejecting them. Girl power was necessary and she didn’t want to be easy in the men’s eyes.

           “Hey, looking good tonight, missy. Let me be your company.”

           Or maybe not.