Why Are You Here?

Kevin Woo, I Object Your Love { discontinued }

Hello :D

Enjoy!


 

 

          Hyojung cooked dinner for 3 persons that evening since Dongho was coming over to visit her younger sister. She was preparing a lot of delicious dish because she knew Hyemi’s boyfriend was quite an eater. Dongho was fun to hang out with and Hyojung was happy whenever he’s around. Probably because they’re at the same age where they can talk comfortably with each other. Sometimes Dongho would ask her help when he had small fights with Hyemi. That’s how close both of them.

         “Unnie!” Hyemi jogged into the kitchen happily.

         “Yah! You! Come here and learn how to cook, missy.” Hyojung rose up the ladle in her hand and gestured Hyemi to come at her.

         “Hmm, smell delicious!” Hyemi squealed as soon as the aroma of chicken soup lingering in the air. She walked to Hyojung and wrapped her arms around her sister’s waist.

         “What do you want this time? Just help me with the dishes already.” Hyojung tapped Hyemi’s hands. She knew her sister was going to ask something because it’s always like that every time she wanted something but didn’t want her to get mad.

         “Dongho oppa said his friend is coming too, means that there’s going to be four of us eating the dinner tonight.” Hyemi pouted, resting her chin on Hyojung’s shoulder.

         “Thank goodness I’m only on my first dish right now. Aish, you should have told me earlier so I could prepare more soup.” Hyojung muttered.

         “Blame him because he called me just a few minutes ago.”

         “Fine fine.. help me dice the vegetables, Hyemi.” Hyojung pushed her sister to the dining table and placed a chopping board, a knife, and a few vegetables in front her.

          Hyojung was done with her chicken soup and she went to cook stir fry beef together with veggies but knowing that Hyemi was not good at cutting the veggies, she cooked seafood stew first. While rinsing the crabs, she kept wondering who was the fourth person going to eat together with them. She or he might be an important guest.

         “Hey, who’s Dongho bringing?” Hyojung asked Hyemi.

         “I don’t know but he said to me just cook a lot because he’s going to bring his friend over.” Hyemi said. Then, she handed the bowl full of diced veggies to Hyojung.

         “Is he trying to hook me up with stranger again?” Hyojung narrowed her eyes at her sister.

         Dongho used to bring one of his friends to their house before and told her that his friend was a good day and she should try dating him. Being a very dumb person she was, oh well, when she just graduated from university of course, she accepted the offer. The date turned into a disaster because Dongho’s so-called friend was just using her to take Hyemi away from Dongho. Dongho was furious and he promised her not to introduce his friends to her anymore.

         “I said I don’t know...” Hyemi whined and went to help Hyojung with her stew.

         “Ah, really.” She clicked her tongue.

         When it’s almost 6.30pm and the dinner was almost done, the door bell rang. Hyemi rushed to the front door to see who’s coming. As expected, it’s Dongho. But his friend was nowhere on her sight.

         “Hey, oppa. Come on in.” Hyemi kissed Dongho’s cheek. “Where’s your friend?”

         “He went to the car to take the wine.” He said and walked to the kitchen. Hyojung saw him and turned off the stove since all the dishes were ready to be served.

         “Oh, Shin Dongho. Just in time.” She smiled and looked behind Dongho’s back just to see the person that Hyemi said he had invited for dinner. “Uh… Hyemi said….” She tilted her head. Dongho noticed her and chuckled.

         “My friend brought a bottle of wine and he left it in the car. He’ll be here in any second.” Dongho said and tapped Hyojung’s forehead with his index finger.

         Soon, a guy appeared in front of the door and he looked completely worried as if he’s thinking whether he could just barge in and waited for someone to invite him in.

         “Ah, hyung, come in!” Dongho gestured the male to walk in. Hyemi stared at disbelief because she knew she used to see him somewhere.

         Hyojung was too busy serving everything on the plate. Hyemi didn’t even feel like helping her and that made her felt a little furious in the inside. She knew she had to welcome the guest first but the kitchen looked like a disaster since she’s the only one who’s doing work there. 

         “Let me help you serve these.” Hyojung heard him say. She knew that voice very well and looked up the see the male beside her.

         “Kiseop oppa!” She jumped a bit and tugged on his sleeve like a little girl who just got her lollipop. Kiseop just chuckled at her reaction and tucked her hair behind her ears.

         “Aish, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that I’m coming earlier. I just want to make a surprise.” He said.

         “I’m more than happy to have you here. But if you told me you’re coming, I could’ve tried cooking your favorite food.” Hyojung nodded. She then proceeded to serve the dishes onto the plate and bowls. Kiseop rolled up the sleeves of his sweater and helped her to place the dishes on the dining table.

         “You actually cooked my favorite food, Hyojungie. I’m anticipating your japchae.” He said once he returned to take the bowl of hot seafood stew from her hand. Hyojung followed him from behind and watched him as he set the food properly.

         “Hyemi, Dongho! Dinner’s ready!” Hyojung shouted. The couple lazily rose from the couch and walked to the dining table.

         “Ahn Hyemi, you’re really something. You’re a girl and you didn’t even help me to scoop the rice into the bowls, miss. Poor Kiseop oppa, he’s a guest but he helped me in the kitchen.” Hyojung placed her hand on Kiseop’s shoulder and gave it a little squeeze as a sign that she’s proud of him.

         “Psh, unnie. You praised him because he’s your boyfriend. I don’t know the blind date turned out to be successful.” Hyemi scoffed.

         “He’s not Kiseop hyung’s girlfriend.” Dongho looked at her. Hyemi widened her eyes and exchanged looks with Kiseop. Kiseop just let out a little laugh.

         “Yes, Hyemi-ssi. Your sister is just my dongsaeng. Nothing less, nothing much.” Kiseop flashed her a warm smile. A brother’s smile.

         “Oh, arasseo. But you just can call me Hyemi. No need of formality.” She bowed a little in her seat before covering her face with her hands in embarrassment. Kiseop chuckled and told her it was okay.

         “Ah, I’m hungry. Can we eat now?” Dongho placed the tip of the chopstick to his lips and his eyes were like pleading Hyojung to let him eat.

        “Right! Let’s eat! Eat a lot, everyone!” Hyojung clasped her hands together and placed some food on top of Kiseop’s rice. They chattered around together while eating the dinner and shared a lot of interesting stories.

        After they’re done with the dinner, Hyojung placed the dirty plates into the sink and left them there. She cut some fruits with the help of Kiseop again and cleaned the dining table soon after.

        “So, how are you these days, oppa?” Hyojung asked him.

        “So far so good. I quit my photography stuff and decided to become a full-time model.” He threw a small piece of apple into his mouth.

        “That’s cool. Means that I can always see you on magazines!”

        “But I’m going to be super busy and I probably can’t surprise you with visits anymore.”

        “But you’re going to make lots of money and buy me a lot of ice cream!” Hyojung smiled playfully at him. Kiseop rolled his eyes and tackled her in a hug.

        “You little kid, you’ll grow fat if you eat a lot of that thing!” He laughed and started tickling Hyojung.

        “Oppa, arasseo!” She giggled and tried to escape. “Don’t buy ice cream for me!” She said and Kiseop stopped with the tickles.

        “Now you are my favorite dongsaeng.” Kiseop patted her head.

        “Pfft, right.” Hyojung crossed her arms under her chest and pouted.

        “Yah, do you want me to tickle you again?” Kiseop raised both of his hands and wiggled her fingers around.

        “N-no no, oppa you’re so mean!” She pulled Kiseop’s hair and jumped onto his back to hit him. The rest of the night was full of laughter and Dongho and Hyemi who were questioning Hyojung’s and Kiseop’s age.

 

        Kevin placed the wrapped box full of baby clothes inside his car. He hummed happily as he started the engine of his car. That morning, he was planning to meet his sunbae, Jung Daehan at his office and gave him the congratulatory present to him since he’s now a father to a lovely daughter.

        He drove pass the coffee shop and instantly remember about the incident he encountered three days before. The conference.

        “Ah, how I could I forget about that?” He muttered under his breath and took a U-turn.

        Kevin parked his car in front of the coffee shop and turned off the engine. He was deep in thought. Was he really doing it as an apology or was he doing it just because he didn’t want her to tell people about the incident?

         “She won’t do the second thing.” He scrunched his nose while his fingers continued drumming the steering.

         “Just buy it, Kev. For your pride and your reputation.” Kevin sighed and turned off the engine.

         “And as an apology.” He continued.

         Kevin walked into the coffee shop and sighed when he saw the long queue of people waiting for their orders. He stood at the shortest queue and waited until it was his turn to order.

         “Welcome to Chunsa Café. What would you like to order, sir?” The cashier smiled at him warmly and showed him the menu.

         “Three Americano, and two churros, please,” He said after browsing through the piece of menu he had seen almost every day.

         “That would be 8,000 won, sir.” Kevin passed the money to the cashier and waited for his order. After he got the coffees and churros, he rushed to his car and drove to the destination, Daehan Firm.

         Hyojung walked into the office just to find out her colleagues buzzing around, gossiping and whispering. She scrunched her nose since it’s weird to have such a fuss early in the morning. In her hands was a small box of herbs frequently used by women after giving birth. She planned to give it to Mr Jung later.

         “Hyojung, don’t go in yet! Mr Jung has a guest.” Seyong, her colleague, shouted from his desk as she tried to knock on Mr Jung’s office door.

         “Alright.” She lowered her hand and moved to her office first.

         She plopped herself on the mini couch she placed in her office. The pile of documents on the cabinet did not seem to spark her interest. Hyojung ran her fingers on the box in her hands and decided to stay like that until she thought Mr Jung’s guest had gone.

         When she’s confident that Mr Jung’s guest was gone, after waiting for 30 minutes for sure, she stood up and went to knock on the door of his office. Seyong who noticed that wanted to tell her that his guest was still there but Mr Jung shouted ‘Come in’ first before him.

         “Miss Ahn, a congratulatory present?” Mr Jung pointed at the box in her hands.

         “Yes.” She answered while looking at the guy who was sitting in front of him. Hyojung could only saw the backside of the person.

         “Come and sit, Miss Ahn. By the way, this is my awesome junior, Mr Kevin Woo.” She widened her eyes and gulped when Kevin turned his chair around and stood up to bow at her. She nervously bowed back and took a seat beside him.

          ‘WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?!’ She shouted in her mind.

         “I’ve met her at the conference, hyung. Ah, she has great future ahead. She’s pretty awesome while delivering your speech, hyung.” Kevin glanced at Hyojung who was still flabbergasted at his presence in the room. He laughed mentally and continued to talk with Mr Jung.

         Hyojung couldn’t stand being in Mr Jung’s office anymore. She kept wondering when would the guy beside her would leave. When would Mr Jung let her to leave? Was there anything he had to say to her that she had to stay in the same room with Kevin? Was it rude if she just left the room without asking her boss’ permission?

         “I think I have to take my leave now.” Kevin clasped his hands together and shook hands with Mr Jung. Hyojung let out a sigh of relief and breathed deeply when he walked out of the office. She’s actually terrified by the incident happened at the conference. She really didn’t know where she got such courage to actually at like that to him! And Kevin Woo is her sunbae.

         “Mr Jung, congratulations on your newborn baby.” She smiled and gave him the box of herbs.

         “Thank you, is there anything else you want to say?” Mr Jung raised his eyebrows.

         “Oh, nothing, Mr Jung. Have a nice day.” With that, she left his office and went straight to her office.

         Hyojung was greeted with a familiar voice as soon as she closed the door behind her. Her eyes widened again at the sight of him but she managed to stay cool.

         “Hello there, Hyojung-ssi. We meet again.” Kevin’s eyes twinkled. His hands were playing the mini teddy bear on her desk.

         Hyojung cleared . “Mr Woo, it’s rude to enter someone’s room without his or her permission.”

         “Sorry.” Kevin stopped playing with the teddy bear and sat properly on the chair beside him. He watched Hyojung as she started her pace towards her office desk.

          “It’s fine. If only you knew that earlier.” Hyojung said in monotonous voice. Kevin felt slightly trembled, oh yes, he felt scared. The Hyojung in Mr Jung’s office was not the same Hyojung in front of him right now.

          “Uh… sorry.” He was clueless on what to say. His eyes fell on the coffee he bought from the café. There’s only two with him since he had given one to his sunbae.

          “Stop apologizing and what are you doing in my room, Mr Woo?” She took off her glasses and sighed. Why was she behaving like that in front of him? She couldn’t even answer that herself.

          “Umm, I just want to give you the coffee. You know, the one that I ask you to have some with me that day?” Slowly, Kevin reached for a cup of coffee from the carton and passed it to her.

          “Oh, you didn’t have to trouble yourself.” Hyojung suddenly felt guilty. Man, the guy in front of her was really sincere and honest about his apologies.

         “My apology gift. That’s all. Thanks for accepting the coffee, Hyojung-ssi.” Kevin bowed and was about to walk away when Hyojung suddenly called him.

         “Thanks for the coffee. And how do you know I love Americano?” She giggled. “You’re a great person, Mr Woo. Have a nice day.” Hyojung smiled.

         “Uh.. thank you?” Kevin scratched his head. Hyojung tried not to laugh. He was just so innocent and adorable. “See you around, Attorney Ahn.” He bowed and left the room immediately.

          Hyojung chuckled to herself when she’s sure Kevin was far away from her sight. She felt touched when someone with a status like him came over to her office just to give a big cup of Americano to her as an apology present. Still, he’s the dork that stuttered a lot while facing her.

          “You are a very weird person, Mr Kevin Woo.” She sipped on the coffee and typed the report she had to do a few days ago.