Lunch Date?

Kevin Woo, I Object Your Love { discontinued }

Hey guys, sorry for the slow update >.< kill me inside your head if you want to

By the way, I would love to see comments from you guys! Comments, go go go!

I love you , heeeeeeee ^^


 

 

      Hyojung went home early that evening since she’s finished all the work at the office. Means that she didn’t have to work on anything for the night except for organizing some things in her organizer which only took, 3 minutes?

      “Hey.” She waved at Hyemi, who was busy looking a few pieces of paper.

      “Hey.” Hyemi replied lazily.

      Hyojung dropped her briefcase and approached her sister slowly. Sneakily, she took the papers away from her and looked at them briefly.

      “Oh my god!” She covered with her hand. “Are you seriously learning how to cook?!”

      Hyemi pouted and grabbed the papers back. “Blame Dongho oppa, he said he wanted me to cook this and then he’ll come later for dinner so he can taste my cooking.” She sighed.

      Hyojung smirked. Finally, there’s someone who could force her spoiled little sister to cook. She’s really going to thank Dongho when that guy came for dinner later. Hyojung laughed at Hyemi and patted her back softly. She knew her sister would be nervous since it’s her first time cooking on her own.

      “Don’t worry, you can do it if you follow the recipe perfectly.” Hyojung looked again at the recipes on Hyemi’s hand. They’re only basic dishes and she knew it’s not that hard for the first timer to cook them.

      “Unnie, you must help me, okay?” Hyemi tugged on the hem of Hyojung’s blouse.

      “Sure, kiddo.” Hyojung pinched her cheeks and left her alone in the kitchen as she made her way to her bedroom.

      She checked her phone before going to bath and saw a message from Byunghun. Smiling, she opened it and read the content.

      From: ByungByung

      Message: Hey, I’m sure you’re at home now :) Hyojung-ah, let’s have lunch together tomorrow?

      Hyojung nodded to herself and replied.

      To: ByungByung

      Message: Yes, I’m home. Alright, where should we meet?

      From: ByungByung

      Message: I’ll just pick you up at your office. Sukjong told me where your workplace is. See you tomorrow! ^^

      Hyojung locked her phone and threw it onto her bed. She chuckled to herself as she reminded of the cute messages from Byunghun. He’s really lovely and quite shy. Hyojung would love to know more about him and she knew they’re going to be a lot closer after this.

      After cleaning up and wearing her favorite PJs, Hyojung went to kitchen to check on Hyemi. Her sister was busily stirring the broth and sometimes she would go to the fridge to makes sure she’s following the recipe correctly.

      “How’s it going?” Hyojung stretched her neck to see the boiling kimchi stew. It smelled delicious and it definitely has attracted her to taste the reddish broth herself.

      “All good, I guess.” Hyemi rested her hands on her hips. When she saw Hyojung trying to taste the stew, she quickly stood beside her, anticipating her comment. Hyojung sipped on the stew and scrunched her nose at the taste.

      Hyemi bit her lip nervously. “How does it taste?”

      “It tastes…” Hyojung narrowed her eyes at her. Hyemi gulped and she hoped it didn’t taste as bad as nightmare. “….very good, I must say.” Hyojung nodded.

      Hyemi let out a sigh of relief. “Really?”

      Hyojung nodded again. She laughed as her sister made her victory dance as if she had won something big in her life.

      “Hey, do you know that we have a new neighbor? His house is not that far from our house. It’s just across the road. I think we should go and greet him. I heard he’s living alone. Oh.. and he must be hot. Hmm…” Hyemi said as she placed a frying pan on the stove.

      Hyojung frowned when he reminisced the event happened on that morning. Their new neighbor is not nice and she had to tell Hyemi about that particular him.

      “He’s not a well-mannered person, girl. He’s a jerk. Do you know that he was honking at me when I tried to move my car from the main lane? It’s okay if he honked me once but he did it like it was his plaything.” Hyojung exclaimed. She’s really not going to greet that so-called new neighbor even if her sister said she must go.

      “Maybe he’s rushing.” Hyemi replied.

      “Just.. forget about it. We’re not visiting him. Ya, pabo. At what time does your boyfriend going to be here?” Hyojung landed her on the stool of the kitchen counter. She somehow thought their house was like Dongho’s second house. He went there almost every seven days in a week. She didn’t mind it though. As long as he didn’t do anything bad to her sister.

      “Uhm… 10 minutes more?” Hyemi said but not so long after that, someone rang the bell of their house rapidly and both of them knew who it was. Dongho.

      “I’ll get the door.” Hyojung ran to the front door and opened it, revealing Dongho in his dress shirt but with two buttons down and rolled up sleeves. He probably came here straight from the office.

      “Hey, woman.” Dongho looked down to her and pushed her away so he could get in. Hyojung hissed in pain and closed the door. She’s not planning on revenge because she had to thank him later. Hmm, she’s so nice.

      “Shin Dongho. I want to thank you for making my sister cook. You’re such a lovely soon-to-be brother-in-law and you get full credit from me.” Hyojung patted his shoulders and showed him two thumbs up. Dongho just made faces at her and helped Hyemi to serve the dinner.

      ‘What a stupid squirrel.’ Hyojung pretended to punch him when he wasn’t aware of her existence in the kitchen, making Hyemi laughing like there’s no tomorrow.

      “Ah, you cook all of these?” Dongho stared at Hyemi in disbelief. Hyemi squished his face and pecked his lips before answering.

      “Yes, oppa. Eat a lot, okay?” She placed a lot of dishes on top of his rice. Dongho laughed and then ate the delicious dinner.

      Hyojung felt disgusted (in a good way) at the sight in front of her. But she wished she could be like them too when she has a boyfriend. Shaking her head, she dug in and enjoyed the dinner made by her sister. And the phrase ‘peaceful dinner’ never existed in their house. There were always chattering and bickering at the dining table and they have grown accustomed to it. It’s not a dinner if everyone eats quietly. The night went on with continuous laughter and yelling until Dongho asked for their permission to leave.

 

      Kevin woke up feeling dizzy that morning. He lazily got off the bed and walked to the bathroom. The only reason he felt dizzy in the morning was because he didn’t has proper meal before he went to sleep. And when he rewind back the minute where he returned home, he’s sure that he only ate hamburger and coke that late evening. Not a proper meal at all.

      “Maybe I should learn how to cook.” He stretched out his limbs and the hot shower, enjoying the little rains on his body.

      After the shower, he put on his clothes and went to the kitchen to have breakfast. It’s still a breakfast even though he’s just eating toast and drank a glass of cold milk. Kevin suddenly remembered that he had lunch with his new client or well-known as his ex-girlfriend. He sighed at the thought.

      The simple breakfast made him satisfied somehow. He fixed his tie and grabbed the briefcase before heading out of the house. He got into the car and the engine. After waiting for his car to heat up, he drove his car and grinned to himself when he saw the white car from the previous morning was still parked at the front yard of the house.

       He greeted his employees happily as soon as he stepped into the medium-sized building. The firm wasn’t that big but it’s comfortable enough for 50 people to do their work. He checked his schedule and realized that he had to attend four court hearings next week. A sigh escaped his lips as he jotted down the date onto his organizer.

       Time passed by quickly and it’s lunch time. He had promised Yunhee to meet up at the restaurant they used to go on their dates and yes, he regretted choosing that place because he knew he might get hurt with the memories. Or not.

       Yunhee waved at Kevin when she saw him looking around as soon as he stepped into the restaurant. Kevin flashed a smile at her and approached the table. He sat comfortably in front of her and saw his favorite food right before his eyes.

       “Let’s eat first, okay? And then we’ll talk about the matter.” Yunhee smiled and watched him slowly picking up his fork. Kevin just nodded and started eating the lasagna. Why must she order the food for him? And why must it be his favorite food?

       After both of them finished their food, Kevin pulled some documents from his briefcase and showed her the parts she need to understand. Yunhee nodded at every single word he said and even asked him anything she didn’t know about the procedure.

       “Understand everything now?” Kevin asked.

       “Yup.” She nodded.

       “Are you sure about getting divorce? I mean, you can always talk to him.” He exhaled and looked at her worriedly. Even though her husband might be animal sometimes, he believed there would always way for them to be together. Then why did he propose to her in the first place?

       “I’m sure.” Yunhe looked down. “He was kind of shocked at first when I told him about this thing. But after I explained everything, he agreed.”

       “Just like that?” Kevin crossed his arms under his chest, wanting to know more.

       “He said he’s sorry and if I’m okay with this decision of divorcing him, he’d just accept it. He also said he’s not a good husband but he’s sure he’d support our child when he was born.”

       Kevin grew furious. Hearing such words from her made him felt like scolding right at that moment. They still had chance to be together but the woman in front of him just simply made wrong decision.

       “Yunhee.” Kevin called softly.

       “Do you know the chance of him getting you back and marrying you is high?” He continued.

       Yunhee blinked. “What do you mean?”

       “I mean.. after the divorce. He’ll get you back, trust me. And both of you will live happily together again.”

       “You’re being ridiculous.” Yunhee scoffed. “He abused me every day, oppa. And you’re here telling me that he’s gonna fight back for me?”

       Kevin massaged his temple. Women will never understand men. And men will never understand women. “Yes, Yunhee. Especially when he knew you’re carrying his child.”

       “Then, what about you? You didn’t even fight for me. You just ran away.”

        Kevin was struck by her words. It’s true. He didn’t bother to fight even though he loved her. He ran away when he saw her with other guy. He thought, as long as she’s happy, he’s happy too.

        “See? You’re just my lawyer and you’re in no position to say such things to me.” She stood up from her chair and took her purse along.

        “See you later next time.” Yunhee walked out of his sight. Kevin groaned and rubbed his face so many times at her remark.

        She’s right. She’s definitely right. He had no right to advice her about love. And it hit him that he shouldn’t fall in love with her in the first place.

 

        Hyojung rushed back to the office after going to the court to examine some things. Lunch time was getting nearer and she’s looking forward to having lunch with Byunghun. She entered the building with a happy face and as usual, her colleagues would look at her weirdly. Well, she’s actually pretty hard to smile when she’s at work.

        “Just got back from the court?” One of her co-workers asked when she passed by. She just nodded with a grin and then went into her office to continue some of her work.

        Soon, her phone vibrated and she excitedly answered the call.

        “Hey, Hyojung. Are you still working?” Byunghun asked.

        “Yes, but I can continue later. Are you here?” Hyojung took off her glasses and her other hand was busy collecting the papers on the desk and placed them into a box.

        “Yup, take your time, miss. I’ve just arrived though.” He chuckled. Even the way of him chuckling was cute, she thought.

        “Alright, see you soon.” She heard him chuckling again before hung up and shook her head at his way of expressing his emotion.

        When Hyojung was sure she had cleaned her desk perfectly, she took her hand bag and finger-combed her hair so they wouldn’t look messy in front of him later. She rushed out of the building and saw Byunghun waiting beside his yellow car.

        “I feel special.” She said as she approached him.

        “Special?” He blinked at her.

        “Yup.”

        “Alright. Then I should come every afternoon so you could feel special every day.” Byunghun smiled.

        She blushed. “So… where are we going to eat?”

        Byunghun chuckled and then lead her to the passenger seat. Hyojung just obliged and sat in the car quietly as he took his time making his way to the driver seat.

        “I want to introduce you to my restaurant. I promise the food there is delicious and you won’t regret eating it.” He smiled and drove the car away. Hyojung widened her eyes. She just realized that she barely knew about him and the second thing she got to know about the guy beside her was that he actually owns a restaurant. The first think she knew about him was his name, of course. And it’s not even his full name.

        “I don’t know.. you’re a restaurant owner.” She bit her lower lip.

        “Well, I’m pretty sure you don’t know anything about me except for my name and my restaurant. Never mind, we’ll get to know each other after we eat our lunch later, okay?” He flashed a warm smile that made her feel calm and relaxed. Boy how did he know to make her feel like that?

        After 5 minutes of driving, they arrived at a big restaurant. It’s not that high class though but the atmosphere could make everyone feel welcomed and actually wanted to enjoy the food there. Hyojung got off the car first and waited for Byunghun to guide her. She didn’t want to get lost inside there.

        “Hmm, now let’s see what I’ve prepared for you.” Byunghun smiled cheekily at her and brought her to an opened area where they could enjoy the hustle bustle of Seoul city.

        “Wow, that’s a lot!” Hyojung accidentally blurted it out. She wanted to keep her remark inside her head but it suddenly rolled off her tongue. She looked at Byunghun apologetically and scratched her head.

        “Aigoo, you are so cute! I don’t know why Sukjong kept telling me you’re quite grumpy.” He brushed her fringe aside and made her sit at the dining table.

        “Sukjong oppa must have told you a lot about me.” She blinked at him. He felt like asking her to stop blinking at him or he might go crazy because of those eyes.

        “ It’s because I keep asking him.” Byunghun laughed a bit.

        “Oh….” Hyojung placed her finger to her chin.

        Her eyes darted out to the food in front of her. Byunghun noticed it and introduced her the main dishes of his restaurant. She nodded to his explanation and when he finished telling everything to her, she quickly took a piece of meat cooked with sweet and sour sauce from a small plate in front of her and bit on it. She complimented on how good it was and then continued to taste other dishes.

        After both of them finished eating their special lunch, Byunghun quickly cleared his throat, grabbing her attention. Hyojung looked up and saw him startled a little when he wanted to start the conversation. It was cute since he has that youthful look and he was kind of small compared to other men.

        “So… let’s start our ‘Get to Know Each Other Segment’!” He applauded to himself. Hyojung giggled and applauded as well at the adorable introduction.  She didn’t know why she’s being like that. Was she copying him? Or was it his personality that made people around him to follow him along?

        “Well, let’s start with our name. Hi, I’m Lee Byunghun and people usually call me L.Joe. Nice to meet you.” He grinned and held his hand out for a handshake. Hyojung gladly accepted it.

        “I’m Ahn Hyojung. You can call me Hyo or Hyojung. Nice to meet you too.” She shook his hand a bit and then released it.

        “Let’s skip the profession part and move to age and birthday. I’m 27 years old and my birthday is on this November. 23, to be exact.”

        Hyojung was surprised. It was like the incident when she first met Kiseop. She mistook him for being younger than her.

        “I don’t know you’re my oppa.” She said.

        “But I know you’re my dongsaeng.” He chuckled.

        “Ah, why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Hyojung hid herface with both of her hands.

        “Aish, are you mad at me now?” She could feel him pouting and she peeked through her fingers, she was right. He’s pouting. It’s not fair how a guy with the age of 27 could still be adorable. Same goes to Kiseop. Hyojung shook her head and told him her birthday afterwards.

         After a fun introduction with Byunghun, Hyojung told him that her break time almost over and she needed to get back to the firm. He nodded and sent her back to her workplace. During the journey back to the firm, they continued to talk about each other and laughed throughout the 5 minutes drive.

         “Here we are.” Byunghun said as he stopped his car.

         “Thank you for the lunch and the ride.” Hyojung bowed a little and opened the door of the car. As she tried to get up from her seat, Byunghun grabbed her hand, causing her to blush and then turned her around to face him.

         “I want to call you tonight, is it okay?” There was hope in his eyes and she would feel bad if she denied his request. But knowing that she might have some fun if he called her, she nodded. Byunghun pumped his fist to the side and released her hand when he realized he held her hand too tight. Hyojung laughed and waved him goodbye as he kept making gesture with his hands that he’d definitely call her later that night.

         Then, she walked back to her office with a bright smile on her face and a high expectation for her night.