Engagement Party

Kevin Woo, I Object Your Love { discontinued }

Oh my goodness, thank you for your lovely comments! ^^

and hello new subscribers :) saranghaeyo~~

this is.... unfortunately a boring chapter. brace yourself /.\


 

 

 

Kevin sighed as he thought about his schedule of the day. First, court hearing in the morning. Second, look for new furniture for his new house in the afternoon. Third, stop by to sign the contract with the owner of the house on his way home. Lastly, Jaeseop’s engagement party. Perfect, he sighed again.

“Aish, Kim Jaeseop, do you really have to do it tonight?” he said as he buttoned up the last button of his shirt. He made his move to the kitchen to have his breakfast as usual.

“Kevin, do you want me to accompany you to the store later?” Mrs Woo asked.

“No, it’s okay. I can manage it myself.” He smiled and then took a bite of the pancake in front of him. He’s a little bit nervous that morning since he had to go the court. Even though everyone considered him as a professional, he still could not get rid of his anxiety while being in court.

“I heard Jaeseop is engaged. Is it true?” Mrs Woo looked at her son.

“Yes.” Kevin swallowed hard before answering it. He knew she’s going to bring it up again.

“That’s wonderful. He will make a perfect husband.” She clasped her hands together.

Before Mrs Woo could even continue, Kevin quickly took the napkin from the little basket on the table and used it to wipe his mouth. He then kissed his mother’s cheek and bid her goodbye. Mrs Woo just stared in disbelief and she knew her only son wanted to avoid her questions.

“Ah, really… that kid.” She shook her head.

Kevin reached the court an hour early. He sat at a bench outside of the court and looked through some of the notes he had written on the previous night regarding the case he had to handle for the hearing. The sound of heels clicking the pavement came near and he looked up to see the person who caused him to get distracted from the files.

“Mr Woo, you’re early.” Jang Kyungri, a soon-to-be divorcee or in this case, his client, greeted him. She sat next to Kevin and flipped her hair seductively before making eye contact with the lawyer.

“Yes, I am.” Kevin flashed a fake smile. He had deal with lots of women like her and he thought it was somehow funny how his female clients were head over heels for him.

“Do you have any plan after this, baby tiger?” Kyungri twirled her hair and bit her lips. Kevin grew disgusted at the nickname.

“Yes, and I don’t even have time for myself today, miss.” Kevin put a little sarcasm in his sentence.

“Fine, then.” She sighed. Kevin just let out a small laugh and proceeded with his little notes.

Soon, the outside of the court was filled with a lot of people and all of them were called to get inside and ready for the hearing. Kevin put everything into his briefcase and breathed deeply. He was about to get into the court when his client suddenly pulled him and fixed his tie.

“Oh, thank you, Mrs Kim.” Kevin smiled while straightening the end of his tie.

“Hey, I’m not Mrs Kim.” Kyungri frowned and pouted. Kevin shook his head and he swore he felt like laughing in front of her at that very moment. Is she dumb or what?

“I’m sorry but you’re still Mrs Kim until the law decided to let you free.” He stated. With that, he left her alone outside and walked into the spacious room with confidence.

 

Hyojung thought about the engagement party she had to attend. She really wanted to reject the invitation but knowing that Wooyeon is one of her best friends and they’ve never met for almost two months, she really had to accept it.

“Miss Ahn, don’t you have to go to the court today?” Her boss, Mr Jung, asked.

“Nope.” She checked her organizer. “I have to go there this Wednesday.” She smiled.

“Oh, I thought it was today. Sorry.” He grinned and walked away from her office.

She went back to do her work but her mind was still on the party. Hyojung realized she didn’t have any suitable dress to wear for such occasion. She looked again at her organizer to see if she had anything to do after lunch. Knowing that there’s no more task for her to accomplish, she paced towards Mr Jung office to ask for his permission, to leave early, of course.

“Get in.” said Mr Jung after he heard someone knocking on his office door. Hyojung took a seat in front of him and scratched the back of her neck awkwardly.

“You’re one of the people who rarely get into my room. What brings you here, Miss Ahn?” He rubbed his palms together.

“Uhm, Mr Jung, can I have the permission to leave early today?” She sheepishly smiled.

“Oh, that was unexpected. At what time do you want to leave?” He took out a small piece of paper and pen and waited for you to answer.

“3?” Hyojung hid her face behind her hands. She heard him chuckled and then she slowly put down her hands onto her lap.

“Sure thing, Miss Ahn. I guess it’s an emergency since you hardly came here. You may leave at 3.” He grinned and jotted down her leave on that paper.

“Thank you very much, Mr Jung. I really appreciate it!” She bowed and then left his office slowly.

Hyojung jogged to her office causing her colleagues to look at her weirdly. Knowing why she got those glares, she went back to her normal self and walked properly. As soon as she closed the door, she ran to get her phone on the desk and called Seulmi.

“Ya, Seulmi, help me to find dress for Wooyeon’s party.” Hyojung spoke to her through the phone. She hung up before her friend could even reply her and got prepared to pick Seulmi from her house.

She reached the neighborhood and drove straight to Seulmi house. A grin was formed on her face as she saw Seulmi waving at her.

“Yah, you should be thankful I have no afternoon classes today.” Seulmi exclaimed as she got into Hyojung’s car.

“Alright, ssem. You’re so kind-hearted. No wonder your students love you.” Hyojung chuckled. She drove off and made her way to the mall.

“Stop that. Aigoo, our Wooyeon is getting married. Don’t you feel jealous?” Seulmi pouted.

“Aish, why should we? She’s just going to be a bride, that’s all.” Hyojung said.

“I know that, I mean… ah.. I’m jealous and I don’t even have a boyfriend. Hyojung, how can you be so calm like this..?” she whined. Hyojung tapped on her steering and shot her friend’s a glare.

“Seulmi-ya! We have to be an independent woman first before we cling onto man’s arm. Come on, we have to party hard first before we’re stuck with them.” She pinched Seulmi’s cheeks.

“I guess you’re right.” Seulmi sank into her seat.

 

Kevin walked awkwardly into the party. His eyes went to look for Jaeseop and maybe some of his friends but he couldn’t even see their shadows. He took a glass of orange juice from the mini bar and sat on the stool.

“Hey, big man.” He felt a squeeze on his shoulders. Kevin turned around to have Jaeseop grinning widely at him.

“Oh goodness, where are the others? I feel like crap right now, honestly speaking.” Kevin gulped down his orange juice. He’s not comfortable with party and would never be. He attended Jaeseop’s party because 1). He’s his friend. 2) He has his friends to talk to. Other parties? Strictly rejected by him.

“I saw Soohyun hyung and his family just now. Probably at the restroom because Joohyun was crying loudly. Oh dear, that kid really inherited his father’s voice. So damn loud.” Jaeseop shook his head at the thought.

“As if you’re not going to have kids, AJ.” Kevin mocked him. He scanned through the crowd of people and slightly amused at how formal the party was.

“Pfft, whatever, Kev. Hey, get your up and talk to some ladies here. Who knows you might hook up with someone tonight?” Jaeseop wriggled his eyebrows.

“Not interested.” He shrugged. “Where’s your Wooyeon?”

“She’s talking with her friends.” Jaeseop shrugged as well.

“Why hello there gentlemen.” Eli suddenly appeared and dragged a stool to sit in front of the two guys.

“I don’t remember inviting you here.” Jaeseop said, earning a soft punch from Eli. Kevin just laughed at the sight and continued to order some drinks from the bar.

“Shut up! Oh, I heard Kiseop’s coming tonight.” Eli beamed. Jaeseop and Kevin shook their head and sighed together simultaneously. Everywhere Kiseop went, the spotlight would be all over him. Oh well, the best part of being a model.

“It’s going to be his party tonight. I thought he couldn’t make it.” Kevin gave those two the juice.

“He texted me he’ll be here. Oh yes, and now we can see his girlfriend. Hahahaa.” Eli smiled playfully. Jaeseop almost whacked his immature friend’s head but Kevin got to stop him before he could do so. Eli, always the crazy kid.

Meanwhile, Hyojung was admiring the whole party. She looked around and saw all those gorgeous people. Their dresses are perfect. All those jewelry almost made her blind. She looked at her dress, baby pink dress with white button from top until the bottom of the dress. Young, but mature enough for her.

“Hyojung, oh my god, you look so beautiful.” Wooyeon caught her in a hug and squeezed her in the middle of the crowd.

“Aish, Wooyeon! You look beautiful as well. How are you?” Hyojung beamed. Seeing her best friend was one of the things she really enjoyed.

“I’m fine. Come, let’s join the others.” Wooyeon dragged her to her group of friends. Seulmi, Chaeyeon, and Aeri were also there, with their glamorous dresses. It felt like a small reunion for them even though they often meet.

“Hey baby Hyo, you look gorgeous tonight.” Chaeyeon spun her around and nodded in satisfaction. Her pink dress really looked good on her.

“Planning on getting some hot oppa tonight, girls?” Wooyeon offered them some drinks. They gladly took them from the tray and gulped down the content of the glasses.

“Says someone’s fiancée. Pshh, of course. And where’s your beloved Jaeseop oppa? He better get his here to get our approval.” Aeri scoffed jokingly.

“Aggressive much, huh? He’s with his friends. Don’t worry, he’s a good person. You don’t have to worry about him.” Wooyeon said. Hyojung just stood there quietly among her friends. She’s not comfortable when they brought up that kind of topic. She’d rather talk about life.

Hyojung rubbed her eyes repeatedly to confirm that she’s not seeing him. The guy turned around and he seemed to find someone in the middle of the sea of people. He spotted the person he wanted to see and made his way to her group. Hyojung stared at him since he didn’t notice her existence there.

“Wooyeon-ah… where’s the dessert section? I really need something sweet in my mouth right now.” He whined, earning some giggling from her friends.

“The one beside the main course, kiddo. You really need to tone down your hunger a bit, Dongho. Aish.” She hissed. Dongho smiled cheekily before turning away from them.

“Yah. Shin Dongho.” Hyojung finally said.

“Oh. Ahn Hyojung.” Dongho blinked at her. He clung onto her as if he wanted to show off in front of her friends.

“Do you know each other?” Seulmi widened her eyes.

“This kid over here is my sister’s boyfriend. But wait, you didn’t bring Hyemi with you?” Hyojung narrowed down his eyes at Dongho.

“She has finals this week. You’re a pabo, really.” Dongho flicked Hyojung’s forehead. She rubbed her red forehead and flicked back on his. Her friends laughed heartily at the sight which caused Dongho to drag her away from the group.

“Yah, Shin Dongho. Let me go.” She hissed.

“Alright alright.” He let go of her wrist.

“And tell me something I don’t know.” He continued. A smirk was plastered on his face. Hyojung tilted her head to the side with a small wrinkle forming between her eyebrows.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Just tell me already.”

“Tell you what?”

“You’re dating Kiseop hyung?”

“Who gave you this cute little information, Dongho?” Hyojung almost gasped but she could control it from getting out from . Her mind wandered around as if to find out who told the man in front of him about her and Kiseop.

“So, it’s true?! Oh yes! I have to go somewhere. See you around, Hyojung!” In a blink of eye, Dongho has already disappeared.

Hyojung shook her head and her curiosity grew. As she walked back to find her friends, she bumped into someone and he spilt his drink on his shirt.

“Omo! I’m sorry.. I really am sorry.” Hyojung panicked. She took out the tissues from her handbag but a hand stopped her from doing so.

“Hyojungie!” The guy whispered. She looked up and was happy to see the person in front of her.

“Ah… Kiseop oppa. You’re here because of the soon-to-be groom?” She asked. Her hands were wiping the stain on his shirt.

“Yes. Hyojungie, I want you to meet my friends.”

Silence. She’s afraid his friends wouldn’t like her or something.

“Please?” Kiseop begged.

“Alright.” She mumbled. Kiseop clasped his hands together and pinched her cheeks. Everyone was watching them and whispered to each other, probably talking about bad things or vice versa.

“Let’s go.” He walked her to his group of friends who were chilling out at the mini bar. She spotted Dongho, a familiar blonde guy named Eli, and Wooyeon’s fiancée. She couldn’t see the last man’s face because he was facing the counter.

“Dongho, isn’t she your girlfriend?” Eli asked. Dongho pushed him and made him fall from the stool. Hyojung giggled and that was when Kevin turned his head around to see the topic of their laughter. She looked almost like Hyemi and he felt goosebumps at such resemblance.

“Eh, Kiseop, mind to introduce her to me?” Kevin tapped Kiseop’s arms. Hyojung looked at the male in front of her. She almost choked on her breath as she saw her most idolized role model.

“Annyeong, I’m Ahn Hyojung. Pleasure meeting you, sunbaenim.” She bowed politely.

“Sunbaenim?” Kiseop asked. Hyojung nodded.

“Me? Sunbaenim?” Kevin pointed at himself.

“Yes, Mr Woo, I’m a lawyer too. I have to say that you really are the best. I hope I can learn a lot from you.” She bowed again.

“It’s just luck, Hyojung-ssi. And you resembled Dongho’s girlfriend a lot.” Kevin smiled nervously and waved his hands around. He didn’t know he could meet a lawyer like her in such party since most of them had a lot of work to do at night. Pretty interesting, he thought.

“Wow, Kiseop, protect your girlfriend. They are both lawyers.” Eli grinned.

“She’s not my girlfriend.” Kiseop scrunched his nose.

“Excuse me?” Kevin confused.

“Hyojung is not my girlfriend. Right? We’re just oppa and dongsaeng.” He said. Hyojung smiled and nodded in agreement.

Kevin felt like stabbing himself when Kiseop said she’s not his girlfriend. All the money he spent for the feast was nothing. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. All had gone to waste. He felt like screaming on top of the world and strangled himself for using the money that should be used for other important things.

“Hey, are you okay?” Kiseop asked as he saw Kevin rubbed his faces for the nth time.

“Who the hell told me this dude over here has a girlfriend?” Kevin muttered under his breath.

“What’s going on? I don’t understand.” Kiseop was confused himself.

“I thought Hyojung was your girlfriend so I told him you got yourself a babe already. You two looked like a couple on date last week.” Eli shrugged.

“You ran away when I was about to introduce her to you, you idiot. And Kevin, I thought you held the feast because you bought a house.” Kiseop explained.

“Eli, I am so going to kill you.” Kevin facepalmed. Eli just rubbed the back of his neck nervously before trying to back away.

“Don’t worry, Kevin. I’ll pay half of the money spent.” Kiseop patted his friend’s back.

Hyojung was totally clueless at the scene playing in front of her. She hooked her arm around Kiseop’s and kept her distant with his friends. She’s actually happy to meet Kevin in person and greeted him personally. And she had no idea that her Kiseop oppa was actually his friend.

“Uhm , oppa. I think I have to go back to my friends.” She whispered at Kiseop.

“Okay, okay. Take care.” Kiseop pinched her nose.

“Nice meeting you guys. Mr Woo, good luck with your work.” She offered her hand to Kevin for a handshake. Kevin took it and gave it a nice grip before releasing it.

“Good luck to you too, Hyojung-ssi.” He smiled.

When he was sure she’s far away from them, he grabbed Eli by the collar and punched his stomach playfully. Kiseop and Jaeseop joined him by messing up Eli’s hair and loosened his pants.

“I’m sorry, okay! I’ll treat you guys Chinese food next week. Big treat for you, Kev.” Eli cried.

“That’s what I’m talking about.” Kevin laughed.