The reason behind

The reason behind

Ah Ben's pov
"Hey Aaron." I called out. He turned and looked at me. His eyes were red and puffy. It was obvious that he cried. "I just realised that I fell in love with Gui. You better try to win her heart back before I snatch her away from you." I lied, staring in his eyes. I was always proud of my lying skills. I saw anger burning in his eyes. He grabbed my shirt.
"You better get away from Gui. Get away from MY GUI! UNDERSTOOD?!" He started yelling. God.. This is embarrassing...
"Shut up! This is the hospital!" I hissed. He immediately let go and stormed off. I rolled my eyes. How gullible could he be.. I sighed. Gui, he is just as innocent as you..

I walked into Gui's room. She smiled at me while I sighed.
"Gui, have you forgiven Chun and the others?" I asked her seriously. She nodded her head.
"Then why can't you forgive Aaron?" I finally asked her the quesion I was dying to ask.

"Because he killed Wang Zi." Gui said emotionless. I shook my head.
"Gui, you can deceive the whole world and even yourself. But you can't deceive me." I knew her too well. Whenever she lied, she will never look at you straight in the eye.
"I repeat, I will not and will never forgive him." She said.
"Even if he is dying?" I raised an eyebrown. "And is currently lying on the hospital bed while we are talking?" I continued. Her eyes widened and she looked at me disbelievingly. As I said, they were both plain gullible...
"Gui, i'm joking." I grinned.
"Not funny, jerk!" She snapped and glared at me.
"So now that you know that you actually love him, will you forgive him?" I tried again. Gui sighed.

Gui's pov
I sighed. I was getting tired of him. Ah Ben can be extremely annoying sometimes..
"Gui, you should take a look at him right now. Can't you tell that he is really repenting?" Ah Ben said softly. Suddenly, a rush of anger came to me.
"What do you know?? Did your ex-boyfriend get murdered by your current one? You have absolutely no idea how i feel!!" I shouted at him. He looked at me highly amused and was trying to supress a laughter.
"Well, I obviously have no idea how you feel because i'm not gay. I don't have boyfriends. And you just gave yourself away Gui.. You asked me if my ex-boyfriend get killed by the CURRENT one. See? You said current." He chirped easily. Damn!! How could he still joke and outsmart me at the same time???  I growled and looked away. Should..I forgive him?
Just then, the doctor came in.
"Ms Wu, please come with me." He said. I followed him while Ah Ben went home.

-Doctor's room-
"Is there something wrong?" I asked him as I sat down on the stools opposite him. He looked at me seriously and said,
"Ms Wu, the late Mr Qiu told me to pass this to you if I ever came across you. I really tried convincing him but he refused to accept any treatment, thus resulting to his death." The doctor passed me an envelope. I took it out and read it.. No way... He..contracted leukemia?? I thanked the doctor and walked to my ward. Once I was on my bed, I took out the enevelope to read the information again. However, a piece of paper dropped out. It was from Wang Zi.

Dear Gui,
By the time you read this, I would have long departed from this world. I'm sorry for everything.. I'm sorry for not spending enough time with you, sorry for all the tears you have shed for me, sorry for lying to you.. And most importantly, i'm sorry for not telling you my illness. Yes. I have contracted leukemia. I did not wanted to have treatment. Besides, whats the point of it when I am going to die anyway? i might as well use that time wisely to spend it with my dearest girlfriend. You are the person I worry for the most.. I love you. However, when I am gone, please forget me and carry on with your life..  Remember, that I will always be watching over you.

Your guardian angel,
Wang Zi

By the time I read this, I was already crying. I realised how much I neglected Wang Zi.. Why couldn't he tell me?? And most of all, how do I break it to Aaron.. that deep inside, I have already forgiven him..? I was discharged already and I slung my bag on my shoulders and made my way to Chun's house. I've decided.

Chun's pov
"Aaron, its dinner." I told him, walking in the room. He merely nodded and continued staring into space. I sighed. This has happened since he broke up with Gui..  Suddenly, the bell rang. I opened the door and realised that it was Gui. She handed me a letter.
"Ge, please pass this letter to Aaron. And give it to him an hour later. And I want to tell you this." She took a deep breathe and continued "I'm going to America to study. I'm going to go back to Mum's mansion.. And lastly," She pulled me in for a hug. "I'll miss you." I sighed and nodded my head. When Gui decides on something, there's no turning back..
"Mei, take care of yourself." I patted her bag and she walked away.

Gui's pov
After I left Chun's house, I went back home. I told S.H.E that I was leaving and they burst into tears.
"Why?" Hebe asked me, her eyes glittering with tears.
"I am going to take over the family business and I have to go there sooner or later.. I will miss you guys." I said to them and felt tears forming too.
"When is your flight?" Selina asked me. I shrugged and answered.
"Now." Their eyes widened.
"WHAT??!" They shrieked and I rubbed my ears.
"Well, Dad asked me yesterday and I agreed.. So he sent his private plane here.." I explained. They sighed. Was this the correct choice?? They seemed so sad.. I can't back out of it now. I went to my room and started packing. 

-At the airport-
Normal pov
One by one, Gui hugged Selina, Ella and Hebe.
"Gui, take care of yourself!" Selina said.
"Yeah! And keep in contact with us!!" Ella yelled, a little too loud as people turned to look. Selina nudged her forcefully.
"Don't scream!!" Selina hissed. Hebe and Gui giggled.
"Gui, if you ever want to return, remember that we will always be there for you. The door will always be open for you. Come back here during your breaks!" Hebe said and grinned. She was sincerely wishing Gui the best in everything she do. Gui nodded and waved to them. Taking a last look at them, she walked in the plane awaiting her. Looking out of the window, she realised. This is it. Goodbye, Taiwan.

Aaron's pov
Chun passed me a letter at dinner. I took it and looked at him weirdly. However, three words made me rip open the envelope.
"Its from Gui." Chun looked at me with guilt. I stood up from the table and into my room. Once I locked the door, I read it.

Aaron,
When you read this, I will already be in a plane. I'm going to study in America. Please don't find me. You must be wondering why I wrote you this letter. Just in case you want to know, Wang Zi's death.. Was not caused by you. It turned out that he had leukemia before that accident. Not that you weren't at fault too.. I am not blaming you. Instead, I forgave you. Despite the thoughts inside me that were telling me that you were to blame for his death, I forgive you. And... I love you. However, I can't be with you. I hope you understand this.. Please forget me and carry on with your life. I will love you, forever.

Love, Gui

By the time I read this, the tears that I never thought I'll feel again came rolling down my face. How could I forget this silly girl?? Gui, I hope that you will become happier.. I will also love you forever. I'll wait for you.


Hi guys! This is Cherry~ I hope you guys liked this chapter. And please don't kill me for updating late.. I was too busy sorry!! And anyway, I am going to do a new fanfic called, "You Lose". Please support it, and support Risk too! Lastly, please comment. Goodbye, guys!

Completed on: 22 May 2011