The reason behind

The reason behind

Hebe's pov
"Is...t..this true?" Gui Gui asked me, her voice trembling. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. "Gui, it isn't what you think-" I began but got cut by Gui. "Just answer me is it true?!!" Gui said, raising her voice. Aaron, Calvin, chun and Ella who I assumed just came back, barged in the room. Gui was still staring at me, with eyes filled of hatred. Reluctantly, I nodded.
"Gui, whats wrong?" Aaron asked worriedly and held her arm. She shrugged it off immediately and took a few steps back. Aaron looked even more shocked. His eyes soon grew wider and wider as he realised that she knew the truth.
"Mei, what happened?" Chun asked Gui, concerned.
"Ge... The person who killed Wang Zi, is Aaron." Gui answered, her eyes filled with tears as she bit her lips to stop the tears from spilling.
"How did you find out?" Aaron and Chun asked at the same time. Gui looked up in shock. By then, Selina and Jiro also began walking in the room. She held up the folder and Selina and Ella gasped.
"Hebe, you are so careless!" They reprimanded me, and upon realising what they said, covered their mouths with their hands. They were right. Gui hates me now.. I feel so remourseful. We should have just told her that..

Gui's pov
So.. They all knew...
"You guys all knew, but refused to tell me?!" I shouted at them, hurt by their betrayal. They all kept silent.
"I can't trust anyone now!!" I ran out of the house, grabbing my bag on the way. It was raining heavily. But no amount of rain now can wash away my tears. How could they betray me? I grew up with them.. And Chun was my own brother too!! Why must they do this to me?! Aaron.. Of everyone else, you hurt me the most.. A year. Wasn't a year enough time for you to admit your mistake? Why must you make me feel like the happiest person on earth, and then completely crush my hopes? You murdered my boyfriend, and made me get over him.. Just to wash away all that you done?? I will never forgive you. I will avenge Wang Zi. I promise.

Aaron's pov
Gui ran out of the house while I stood there. Over the year, I had been trying so hard to forget about that incident.. I couldn't count the number of times I tried telling Gui what happened.. But everytime I saw her blissful smile, I couldn't bring myself to do it.. No one forced me to chase her. Just like me, I could tell that they knew she needed some time alone. I walked back to my room, and locked myself in it. I'm really sorry Gui..

Gui's pov
I ran and ran for such a long time. I didn't want to turn back. I didn't want to see the people I call my most trusted friends. I didn't want to see the person I called my brother. Most importantly, I didn't want to see the person I used to call my boyfriend. They were all liars, betrayars. I found myself outside a Japanese shop. There, I knew that there was only one person left for me to trust. I stood outside the shop, waiting for him to come out. I didn't even bother about the rain. As expected, he came out in around five minutes. He started smiling when he saw me but soon frowned when he saw me crying.
"Ghostie, whats wrong?" He asked me. He was genuinely concerned about me.
"Ben Ben..." I cried and hugged him, crying hard.

??? pov
I walked out the shop for a break and saw Ghostie outside. I called her that since young and we did not get to meet up as I had to tend to my restaurant. I smiled at her until I realised.. That she was crying!
"Ghostie, whats wrong?" I asked her. She hugged me and started crying.
"Ben Ben.." She cried even harder. I patted her back and pulled her away from me gently.
"Ghostie, why are you wet?" I asked her. Didn't she know that she would get a cold? I brought her to my car and drove to my home. Xiao Gui was already at home and he looked happy to see Gui Gui. If you were wondering why we were living together, we were brothers.
"Ah Ben, did you make Gui cry?" Xiao Gui asked me and I whacked him on the head. He took Gui upstairs and I passed her some of my sister's dry clothes. My sister lived overseas and rarely came back to stay. Once she finished bathing and changed into dry clothes, she went down to the living room.
"So Gui spill. Why were you crying?" Xiao Gui asked her and I sighed and hit him on the head again. He glared at me and I shook my head. She told us the whole story and I got angrier each minute. Wang Zi was my best friend, my closest buddy. I looked at Gui and she didn't look too well.
"You okay?" She nodded.
Xiao Gui was looking at his feets and playing with his fingers, a sign that shows that he was nervous.
"Xiao Gui-" Gui began and he immediately blurted,
"Gui I knew about it too!" Gui immdiately stood up, glaring at him.
"So you knew about it too?!" She shouted at Xiao Gui. I stood up and tried calming her down.
"Gui.. Chill." She looked at me, with tears in her eyes.
"Ah Ben... You knew about it too?" She whispered and I immediately shook my head. She grabbed her bag and made her way to the door.

Gui's pov
Even Xiao Gui knew about it. Why can't anyone tell me?! Why is everyone I trust betraying me.. I can't stay here anymore. I grabbed my bag and made my way to the door. Xiao Gui grabbed on my arm. Suddenly, everything became blurry and I soon drifted into darkness.

Xiao Gui's pov
"Gui!!" Me and Ah Ben shouted. I carried her while Ah Ben ran out to start the car. Once we were in the car, we sped all the way to the hospital.
*In the hospital*
"She's fine. She was just too tired and dehydrated." The doctor said and we thanked him. I called Hebe.
*Conversation*
XG: Hebe, Gui's in the hospital!!
H: What?! Which hospital??
XG: Zhong Yue Hospital.
H: Ok we're coming over bye
-Hangs up-

Hebe's pov
"Guys!! Gui's in the hospital!" I said loudly and told them to change up. Aaron was the first one down.
"What happened to her??" He asked, worried. I shrugged and he sighed.
"Which hospital is she in?" He asked and I told him the address. He ran to his car and went there first as I waited for Calvin, Chun, Jiro, Selina and Ella to change. Once we were done, we made our way to Gui's hospital.

Aaron's pov
I immediately began driving to the hospital.. I just want to make sure that she is alright. It doesn't matter whether she wants to see me or not. I will just go and see her when she is asleep. Once I reached the hospital, I made my way to her room. I met someone outside her room. I looked at him.
"Who are you?" He asked me and I introduced myself. He gave me a cold stare immediately.
"So you were the one who killed Wang Zi." He snapped and I felt my heart sinking. I had a feeling that I had some explanation to do.
"I didn't do it on purpose.. I was speeding after breaking up with my ex-girlfriend when suddenly I saw Gui crossing the road. I slammed on my brakes and found out that Gui was alright, but Wang Zi wasn't. Wang Zi saved her and got banged down. She couldn't tell that it was me as it was dark. And after that, Gui transferred to our school and I fell for her. I then started going out with her. By then, I already knew that I was the culprit for the accident. There were many times were I wanted to tell her that I was the one who banged Wang Zi down. But everytime I saw her smiling blissfully, I just couldn't bring myself to tell her that.. That was mainly the reason why the others didn't tell her too." I explained.
"She's inside, you can go in and see her." That person said.

Ah Ben's pov
He is right in some sense.. It was an accident after all. No one wanted for this to happen... And if he can make Gui happy, he deserves a chance.
"She's inside, you can go in and see her." I told Aaron and he nodded at me and thanked me.

Gui's pov
Once I opened my eyes, I could not recognise where I was. Looking at the drip on my right, I found out that I was in the hospital. I sat up and tried recalling what happened. Once I remembered, tears formed in my eyes. I quickly brushed the tears away and found a magazine beside me. I picked it up and was about to read it when suddenly, Aaron walked in.
"What are you doing here?" I asked him coldly.
"Gui.. You should know more than anyone else that the Wang Zi thing was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose!" He said desperately and I could see tears in his eyes.
"Why don't you get it?!" I shouted at him, with tears already dropping down of my cheeks. "The reason why I got angry at you was because you deceived me.. You know how much I hate liars... And the fact that the victim was Wang Zi made it worse!" I told him.
"Gui, and you should know how much I don't want to hurt you-"
"But you already did!" I shouted at him and said in a softer tone "Just go away. I don't want you to appear in my life ever again. And take this away too." I pulled out the necklace on my neck and threw it at him. He picked it up from the door and walked out. Although my head hurt, it cannot be comapred to the pain in my heart..  And then, Chun and the others walked in the room. I looked at them angrily and turned my head away from them.
"Aww... Gui don't be like this.. We didn't want you to get hurt..." Hebe said and I started thinking. Fine. I will forgive them. They did it for me too... I turned to them.
"The next time you guys hide anything from me and I'll skin you alive! Get it?!" I said to them and they nodded. I then smiled. We spent the rest of the day talking.

Ah Ben's pov
Once that Aaron guy walked out of the room, I could tell that he cried. I guess he really does love Gui alot.
"Hey Aaron!" I called.


x
ooh.. What do you think Ah Ben will say to Aaron? And sorry guys. Just bear with me for two more chapters and we're done for the sad parts. And I will be doing the next chapter of Risk. Please support and comment! XD

Updated on 9 April 2011
Next update: 19 May 2011