Chapter 7

For You, Anything Works

" Mianhee." she mumbled, avoiding eye contact with Minhyuk.

" Why are you saying sorry? I should be saying sorry. We should've never left you alone." Minhyuk sighed as he rubbed Jiae's arms in a soothing way and she gave a weak smile at his actions.

" You're hiding something from me right? Can you just tell me once and for all? I don't want to remember those painful memories slowly, it's really torturous." she mumbled, struggling to get out of Minhyuk's touch.

He understood what her actions meant as he kept a distance from her.

" I'm not hiding anything. And what painful memories? I don't understand what on earth are you talking about." Minhyuk lied. She kept quiet as she knew that whatever she said wouldn't change Minhyuk's stubborn mind.

" I had an oppa right?" she asked calmly.

He flinched at her question but he continued his act and shrugged.

" STOP AVOIDING MY DAMN QUESTION!" she yelled. Minhyuk stared at her in shock. Never once had he seen her raise her voice at anyone. Even if she was extremely mad, she would cry to herself.

She was yelling at Minhyuk not because she was mad though. She was yelling because she was frustrated. She was frustrated that Minhyuk wasn't intending to tell her anything.

" There's no answer to that question." Minhyuk said, his voice cold and emotionless.

" No answer? Liar. I hate liars. I hate you." she said, throwing her hands up in an annoyed way and kicking her legs around like an impatient kid.

She didn't really mean it when she said those words but Minhyuk was really scared of those words. He didn't want to hear that coming out from . Never ever.

But it did.

All because he didn't want to tell her the truth.

" Believe in what you want to believe. I refuse to argue with some immature kid." he replied after trying to calm down. * Whatever she says is a joke. It is not true. She didn't think before saying.*

" I'm sorry... I really am." Minhyuk mumbled as he played with his fingers awkwardly, twirling his ring around his index finger.

" Bwoh? What did you say?" Jiae asked, expecting something she wanted to hear from Minhyuk.

Minhyuk didn't notice this but there was a short moment when Jiae was left alone.

 

" I HATE YOU!" she yelled as she dropped the phone, causing the screen to crack. She didn't care about that as she fell harshly onto the wooden floor, clutching onto her wrist, she tried to stop those painful memories.

But the memories didn't stop coming back. She clenched her fists as she tried to stand up but her legs were too weak and she fell back onto the floor and at the same time, her hands accidentally pushed down a stack of papers on the edge of the coffee table. Seems like they were looking at this stack of papers before they left Peniel and Jiae alone.

Among those stack of papers, a picture fell out. A yellowish stained picture.

She held out the picture while grabbing on her throbbing head. She recognized those 3 people smiling in the picture. The background was a familiar house, like the backyard of the house and those 3 people...

They were...

Jiae's brother, Jiae and Minhyuk.

Her head throbbed even harder as a slide show of pictures, voices and things just zoomed in her head like a broken television, showing memories of different ages.

" OPPA!!!!" she yelled as she started to hit herself repeatedly.

Jiae remembers everything. And she wasn't the slightest bit happy with Minhyuk. She thought that if Minhyuk was willing to tell her the truth right now, she would consider forgiving him. But he didn't.