Chapter 8 - The Past ( Part 1)

For You, Anything Works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF2y-DArY18&feature=related

[ A/N Do hear the music, it gives impact to the chapter.]

" Lee Minhyuk." Jiae started, her voice weak and cold. Her head was still throbbing harshly because of the sudden memories.

He looked at Jiae and he noticed, there was something different in her eyes. She was looking at him with hatred. She was staring at him like she was disgusted by him.

" Jiae?" Minhyuk asked, his voice trembling a bit. He was scared that she would remember everything.

" Don't try, I remember everything. And now that you are hiding it from me, I really think that you were behind oppa's death." she took a deep breathe before continuing, " When oppa disappeared, you weren't connectable. When Joong Ki called, you were not around. Joong Ki said it was you who was behind everything. I didn't believe it at first but now I have no choice but to believe in his words."

" Jiae..." Minhyuk's voice trailed off as he looked at her with tearful eyes.

" DON'T CALL MY NAME. I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. YOU. AND TO THINK I LOVED YOU." she yelled as she stepped back.

" Oppa trusted you..." she mumbled as she ran out of the dorm. Minhyuk just stared blankly into space.

* I didn't even get a chance to explain everything... I'm really sorry Jiae...*

Flashback to 5 years ago

" Hyung! You called?" Minhyuk asked as he moved closer to Jae Shik's room.

Jae Shik opened the door with a wide smile.

" Minhyuk!!! I was waiting for you! You do know what day it is today right?" Jae Shik exclaimed.

Minhyuk immediately hushed Jae Shik who was becoming a bit too loud.

" Araso. You do remember right? It's my little dongsaeng's birthday!!" Jae Shik jumped around excitedly. Jae Shik was Jiae's brother. They were so close to each other, it made others feel jealous of their relationship. Jae Shik always put Jiae in front of anything else.

" Ah? Jinjja? I forgot!!" Minhyuk gasped and that earned a whack from Jae Shik.

" Babo. You know that she likes you right?" he waited patiently for Minhyuk's reaction and Minhyuk nodded.

" Okay so today's her birthday and since I know that you both like each other I thought that the both of you should celebrate her birthday together! I have to go to the autoshop later so you can be her prince charming when she wakes up. Have fun while I go work and I'll buy her cake before I come back, araso?" he asked, his eyes beaming.

Minhyuk nodded as he thought of the little heart necklace he saw the other day. The both of them left the house smiling.

" Oppa?" Jiae called out the moment she woke up. She rubbed her eyes in a sleepy manner as she approached their rooms. There was no sign of anyone and she started to panic. * What if it's Joong Ki doings?!*

She was shaking all over when she spotted a orange post-it stuck on the table.

' Jiae ah,

Jae Shik hyung and I are going out to the autoshop. We'll be coming back in time for your birthday. It would be the first ever birthday I'll be celebrating with you so be glad, araso? Wait patiently;)

- Minhyuk'

She smiled at the note as she fiddled with the post-it, waiting for time to pass by. It was her 13 birthday and she never felt so happy before. She was going to have her two most precious people by her side, safe and sound.

 

" Hyung, we'll see each other in a while?" Minhyuk asked as they both waved each other goodbye.

Minhyuk smiled as he arrived in front of the jewelry shop. It was the exact same necklace that caught his eyes a few weeks ago. A little bronze heart that hung sideways on the chain. It wasn't something special but it was definitely beautiful.

Minhyuk chuckled as he imagined the little heart hanging on her neck as she smiled at him. Minhyuk went in the shop and bought the necklace.

He held the paper bag in his hand as he smiled to himself.

 

" Ring ring!!" the house phone rang. Smiling to the note for the last time, Jiae reached for the phone.

" Annyeonghasayeo." Jiae greeted politely.

A chuckle sounded.

" Annyeon... Annyeonghasayeo?" Jiae stammered. She knew who this chuckle belonged to and she was getting really terrified.

" So Jiae, happy 13 birthday. I have a birthday present for you~" Joong Ki smirked. Joong Ki was a guy that her father sent to jail before and up till now, Joong Ki had been disturbing them even though their dad has been long killed by him.

" H... How... How did you..."  Jiae trembled as she heard someone and groaning in pain.

" J... Ji... Jiae... Oppa lo-..." Jiae recognized that voice, it was her oppa, Jae Shik.

" Oppa, where are you? " she used both hands to hold onto the phone as she was really scared.

" Oppa?" she urged. A chuckle could be heard and nothing else.

" Oppa?! Don't leave me!" she yelled, tears streaming down her face.

BAM.

" OPPA?! OPPA?! YAH OPPA?!" she yelled but the line was cut off. She kept on crying but there was no one that could hear her. She was alone.

She stared at the phone blankly. What did that mean? What happened?

After a short moment, she received a text.

' Your first love Minhyuk was behind all this. Amazing that you guys actually trusted him. Oh and he wants to meet you at XX Park 389 Street. You should come to see your oppa's dead body. It reeks~'

It was from Joong Ki, needless to say. Jiae was crying buckets of water already as she pushed herself to run towards that park. As she was running, all she could think was her oppa. Was Minhyuk really behind everything?

BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP.

A lifeless 13 years old girl laid on the road, blood oozing out like no end. It was scary. Her vision was clouded with blood and that was all. All her little childhood memories flashed in her brain.

* Ah. So this is what happens when people die.*

 

[ I'll continue about what happened to Minhyuk in the next chapter since I think I wrote a bit too much... Hehehe... Here's the late update!