Chapter 10 - Slowly Adjusting

For You, Anything Works

http://www.youtube.com/user/TSENT2008?feature=watch

The two of them sat across each other. And the rest of BTOB just kept quiet. Each of them looked at each other, clearly in lost of what to do.

Hyunsik coughed and everyone stared at him. Hyunsik gave an innocent look as he coughed again. Eunkwang smacked his head for making noise at this awkward atmosphere. Hyunsik was about to argue with Eunkwang when Jiae suddenly stood up. Everyone turned their attention towards her and Minhyuk refused to look at her because he knew how confused she looked and he couldn't do anything about it.

" Thank you oppas but it's about time I go back." she bowed as she made her way to the door. The rest of them panicked as they knew it was not a good idea to let her go like that. After all, her life was endangered.

" Stay." Minhyuk ordered. She ignored his words as she opened the door.

" Did you not hear me?!" Minhyuk snarled as he pulled her back. She looked at him, confused.

He blinked as he looked away from her.

" Where else do I go if I don't go home?" she asked, her voice filled with exhaustion.

" Maybe you could stay over? You know... It is dangerous for a girl to be staying alone..." Sungjae mumbled and Peniel shook his head, " Manager hyung would never allow."

Jiae's shoulders deflated in disappointment as she prepared to walk out again.

" I'll walk you home." Changsub said as Minhyuk stared at him, warning him not to lay a finger on you.

" I won't." Changsub assured as he walked out of the dorm with Jiae following behind.

 

" So how are you adapting to the memories? Still confusing huh?" Changsub asked as Jiae rubbed her hands when the cold wind blew against her.

Changsub noticed that and he held her hands. Jiae looked up, startled.

" Minhyuk hyung wouldn't kill me. Anyone would've done the same when they see you rubbing your hands because you're that cold." Changsub assured. Jiae still looked at him suspiciously as he held her hand. Changsub just smiled. She didn't have to worry. Changsub was one of them who didn't have any feelings for Jiae. He always treated her like his sister since Minhyuk was always like his older brother to him.

" Do you stay with a guardian?" Changsub asked, trying to start a conversation.

" I don't." she replied as she breathed out, causing mist to appear.

" Then won't those social workers try to bring you to their orphanage?" he asked and she shrugged. She wasn't in the mood to talk about that. She was thinking about her brother, all the beautiful memories they had together.

" Why not you tell me more about your brother as we wait for the bus?" Changsub asked and Jiae jumped a little in shock. It was like he knew what was on her mind.

" He was a great guy... He took all responsibilities that my parents had to take... When I was about 2 years old? My dad left without a word. Crazy as it seems, two years later, my mom hung herself. Oppa was a nice guy to hide everything for me. I still remember that scene..." Jiae sighed as she reminisced that scene.

" Oppa ah~" Jiae pouted as she poked Jae Shik's cheeks. He puffed up his cheeks as he pulled her down beside him and cuddled her like she was his soft toy.

" Oppa!!! I'm hungry!! You can't keep on sleeping! I tried knocking on omma's door but she wouldn't open it. I want to eat ramen kekeke~" she giggled and her oppa smiled at her cute voice. Her giggles and laughter never fails to brighten up his day.

" Araso... Let me tell omma what you want to eat just in case she asks later." Jae Shik ruffled Jiae's hair as he stood up and open the door.

His eyes widened as he noticed a figure hanging onto the ceiling fan in his omma's room. For a nine year old boy to witness something like this, it was shocking.

" Oppa!!" Jiae called as she ran towards him. Jae Shik immediately closed the door as he looked at Jiae. She was still smiling brightly, holding the ramen packet in one hand and rubbing her stomach with her other hand.

Jae Shik pulled Jiae into his arms as he cried.

" Oppa waeyo?" Jiae's voice echoed in the house as Jae Shik couldn't forget that scene. His omma had hung herself. Not only that, she had tried to commit suicide in other ways as seen on her hands. She had carved her hands and there was blood dripping down onto the white mat.

Jae Shik blinked as he bit back those tears.

" Jiae ah, when I count to 3, I want you back into your room. Do not look back. Do not even look at me. Do not come out until I tell you so, araso?" Jae Shik's voice was hoarsed and Jiae asked why but Jae Shik didn't reply her.

" 3."

Jae Shik broke the hug as Jiae listened to his words. She scurried into her room, tempting to look back but she didn't.

Jae Shik called his neighbour and asked for help as he settled everything himself, just so that Jiae wouldn't witness this gorry situation.

" I can tell he was a good oppa." Changsub commented as the bus arrived. The both of them got on as Jiae sighed continuously.

" And I can tell you, Minhyuk isn't that bad either. All 7 of us love you as much as your oppa does though we might not guarantee that we can be as selfless as he did. Jiae, I really hope you wouldn't blame us. We'll let you adjust to it, slowly. So here, if there's anything, just call me. And I'll be there right away. Jiae, don't ever cry okay?" Changsub asked as he patted her head soothingly. She nodded as she rubbed her eyes sleepily.

 

There's one more secret that they had not revealed. The fact that they all faked their age to get into her school. Well, they were hoping there would be time before she realizes everything but there's always an antagonist to everything that will always, always, spoil their happy moments.

[ The BGM might  not really match this chapter but yeah~]