In South Korea

When fangirls cross the line

[2] Chapter Two – In Korea

It was a long flight from Korea but after a long flight there we were. Standing outside Incheon airport in the freezing cold. “택시!” (Taxi!) Joanna shouted. We found our hotel and put our suitcases in the room, I went down stairs to the lobby to buy a map of Seoul. I was in the shop looking at the maps, I opened one of them and it the landmarks in the map book popped out the book like it was 3D. I gasped and paid the shop assistant for the money and said “감사합니다” (Thank you).

 I got back to the room and Joanna was looking out the window, I walked round to the window to see her focusing on the opposite building…with a pair of binoculars held up to her face. “Where did you get them” I laughed nervously. “Pretty sweet huh my man, I have night vision goggles too”. “Oh sweet Moses” I shook my head, “Oh yeah look at the map guy” I opened the map and the landmarks sprung up out the page. Joanna looked at me then at the map then burst into a fit of laughter. After laughing hysterically for what seemed like ages we studied the map for a while and planned where to go.

Stood outside the hotel with our coats, hats, gloves and scarves pulled tight around us we pulled out the map and decided to go to the Times Square shopping mall. We got lost on our way “This is no good we have to get in the map”. Joanna was shivering and staring into space, I clicked my fingers in front of her face as if to tell her to snap out of it “I want a facemask like Kyuhyun”.  “We’ll get one at the mall; now let’s get in the map”. We got in the map and found our way to the mall. And boy it was some mall, it was HUGE.  We ran into every music store we could see, every music store had posters of Super Junior “Aaaah Donghae, Donghae Donghae!!” we turned to look at the other posters “Oh my….Shesus!  Look at Heechul”. I looked at the poster and Heechul was dressed in a white suit similar to the outfit he wore when Performing Sorry Sorry live and pouting like a little child in the middle of a temper tantrum. I was expressionless – after drooling over the posters and buying Attack on the Pin-up boys on DVD we went looking around the mall. “Guy look at that game shop, It’s like a treasure chest”. “I bet Kyuhyun is in there, that shop looks like a gamer’s paradise”. “What the hell are we waiting for, I wanna go!” Joanna yelled. We were going in a game shop because I’d mentioned Kyuhyun, 30 minutes of exploring the whole shop aisle by aisle there was no Kyuhyun which made us upset.

We left the mall just as it was getting dark; we were walking back to the hotel when we got lost…again. We was stood under a street lamp squinting our eyes at the map “Do you know where we are or not?” I ignored Joanna focusing on the map “Do you want to use my night vision goggles?” I burst out laughing on the quiet street and grabbed the night vision goggles and went back to looking at the map. I could still hear Joanna trying not to laugh when I found where we were. Damn those were some good night vision goggles. “Let’s fly dude, I know where we are. We should turn left at the bottom of the street and be facing a row of buildings”. True to my word we turned the corner and there were the buildings in front of us. Joanna pulled my arm back “Ya! Do you know what that building is?” I looked at the map and my eyes bulged out of my head. “Dance studio” I grinned. Just as me and Joanna were done bouncing up and down two men came out of the studio, I grabbed Joanna and we hid behind a car. We were listening to the conversation the guys were having but they wearing speaking extremely fast and in Korean.

“I’m hungry” one of the men whined. “Your always hungry fishy” another guy hissed back to the whiny man. “Ya! There’s no need for that” the whiny guy sulked. “Omo, did that y guy just call that guy fishy?” I looked at Joanna and we froze on the spot – we found Donghae and Heechul from Super Junior. “Get the night vision goggles” I cried excited. “There on your head, I got the binoculars” whispered Joanna. Yes we were sat spying on Kim Heechul and Lee Donghae from Super Junior. Wow these were some seriously good night vision goggles. I could perfectly see that Donghae had his arms crossed tightly across his chest and he was pouting like a little fish making his trade mark puppy eyes at Heechul who was coldly refusing to take him to dinner, Heechul was also pouting but he was also narrowing his eyes at Donghae and about to yell at Donghae again when the door opened. I swear Joanna and me stopped breathing at that moment.  “Shesus, its Leeteuk!” Joanna screeched. Just as she screeched the Leaders name all three men turned round and stared at us. “당신은정신적인문제가있나요? (Do you have mental problems?)” Heechul shouted at us. “Omo Heechul just called us mental” Joanna mused. “Ya! Great”. I was trying to keep my balance when I fell back flat on the pavement. “미친여자당신은아직거기(crazy lady still there)” Heechul confirmed to Leeteuk and Donghae.

We hid the binoculars and night vision goggles behind our backs and stood up from behind the car. “Dongsaeng what are you doing on the floor?” Leeteuk asked us. We were shell shocked the leader of Super Junior was talking to us! “Ummm, we were tying our shoelaces up” Joanna finally answered. “Is that so?” Heechul smiled nastily at us “Ye” I added. “You both are wearing boots…that don’t have laces” Heechul bluntly stated at us. We didn’t know what to do apart from stare at the three men in front of us until the silence was broken by a loud giggle. The giggle was coming from Donghae. “Ya! Fish this isn’t funny. These girls were following us!” Heechul said disgusted. “They weren’t following us they were tying up there *Donghae laughs more* shoes” Donghae completely lost control and laughed out loud at Joanna and me. Heechul then laughed at us but it Leeteuk who smiled at us politely and said “I take it you two girls are ELFs?” “YE!” me and Joanna sang. “Well you should know that’s very late and you girls shouldn’t be sneaking around the streets at this time of night. You should go home now, quickly”. We nodded frantically and started to walk away when the door to the studio opened for a third time and revealed the rest of Super Junior!

 “Omo, Jodie I think I’m going to faint” Joanna fanned herself with her hand; this caught the attention of the cutest member of Super Junior. Sungmin. “Dongsaeng are you okay?” “Ye, I am fine” Joanna spoke to the cute man then turned round and mouthed OH.MY.GOD at me. I grinned which earned the attention of a messy haired cheeky guy “What are you smiling about?” the man smirked. I gasped then quickly pulled myself together “I’m smiling at my friend’s weirdness” I informed the smirking stranger…He wouldn’t stop staring at me and I most definitely couldn’t stop drooling over him until everyone was looking at the stranger smirking his head off and me. “Magnae, I think she likes you”. “W-wait did you just say Magnae?” I mumbled to Heechul. “Huh? You speak so quiet girl, louder!” he demanded. “Did you say Magnae?” “Ye” he sighed. Holy crap I was being stared and at smirked at by Cho Kyuhyun, now it was my turn to look at Joanna and mouth OH.MY.GOD!!

“What are you girls doing out this late?” A tall and extremely polite man asked Joanna. “W-we were oh my Jodie…”. “We are just going home but we had to tie our shoe laces even though we don’t have none as were wearing boots” I said that sentence so rushed and hurried that the Tall handsome guy just smiled and said “It’s a sin to lie, it’s good that you told the truth” he said. I couldn't believe Siwon was talking to me!!

We finally got back to the hotel at 11pm, Joanna was sprawled out on her bed and I was staring out the window. “WE MET SUPER JUNIOR!!” Joanna was bouncing up and down on her bed. “We sure did, but Heechul was rude” I pouted and stared out the window again. Joanna stopped bouncing and pulled a sad face “Guy…we didn’t kidnap them!” Damn it! The whole point of coming to South Korea was to kidnap Super Junior…we had the perfect opportunity right in front of us earlier that night and we missed it because we acted like total geeks in stead. “Let’s make a plan. A real plan” I declared. We pulled out the map and our laptop – the good thing about being a fan girl of a popular band is that there are millions of other fan girls and boys who are far worse than us. They pretty much know the bands every move and Joanna and me were going to have to become Super fan girls if we really wanted to kidnap Super Junior.

Later On…

The clock on the bed side table read 03:00AM Jodie and Joanna had been thinking of plans for 4 hours straight when they came up with a plan so cunning and stupid that it could possibly work. “Well my man I think this could just work” I nodded at Joanna, Joanna was asleep on her notebook drooling on the page. “GUY!” I screeched suddenly waking Joanna woke up, she quickly turned the page of the notebook… “You didn’t see that” she narrowed her eyes at me and walked over to the laptop. “Oh, oh this will work much better than the snatch ‘n’ grab thing we thought up earlier” she nodded in approval. We decided to call it a night, done with our evil scheming we climbed into our beds and set the alarm clock for 9am.

Tomorrow we kidnap Super Junior...