제 22 장

My Little Piece Of Heaven

The one last act, Horvejkul Suzy.

Everyone clapped, the crowd was standing up clapping as the smiling girl bowed thankful.

“This is you Hwang Tiffany, this is you!” she talked to herself, she couldn’t remember the last time she stood on a stage and did what she loved the most.

Sing, play an instrument, play the piano.

“That was so beautiful, let’s give our student Suzy Horvejkul a row of applause!”

“Wooooah!” she exclaimed as she reached backstage, her left hand over her chest, her heart was beating fast still smiling brightly.

“That was amazing!”

“Good job!”

“Well done Suzy!”

She could hear between the claps from the other students. Far at the distance, Taecyeon was leaning against a bench with arms crossed, he was amazed by her and fighting with his smile. He couldn’t show it.

“Chinguuuu!!” IU rushed toward Tiffany and hugged her “Your voice, jjang!” she held her thumbs up after they moved back.

“You did pretty awesome too!” Tiffany smiled holding IU’s hands.

“Eeei… don’t… lie…” IU barely could finish when her smile faded “Déjà vu” she thought. This happened before, and it happened with her best friend.

“Are you okay?” Tiffany notice her sudden drop of energy. She just smiled and nodded her head.

“Yes, we better go sit, the show is about to end.” She said before walking at the front toward the sits.

Tiffany stood still a few second, her gaze met Taecyeon’s before he quickly stood up and moved away. She sighed and walked toward the front of the stage.

“We’ll like to thank everyone again for participate, and parents for coming.” Sunny said at the microphone smiling as everyone clapped “Also, thanks to the teacher Ok and I of course, for bear with you all rascals!” everyone clapped and laughed again.

“Thank you!”

“You are the best Miss Sunny!!”

“The best teachers!”

“Okay, okay, as you guys know, this show is merely for fun, practice and socialize with each other,” Taecyeon started “But still we chose the best student, that one who did her best during practice and during the show. You all chose this person,” he finished looking down at Sunny waiting for her approval to open the envelope, she nodded and eye-smiled, this meaning yes.

“Please know, that all of you did amazing and please look forward always, to be the number 1 and to be yourself always.”

The crowd clapped for one last time while Taecyeon opened the envelope, he sighed gripping hard on the paper, the last time he read this, it was Tiffany’s name written here.

“Suzy Horvejkul” he said in a low voice.

Everyone clapped, Tiffany’s expression was serious, the last time she walked up to a stage as the winner was when she was Tiffany.

“Congrats!!” IU tapped her arm zooning her out of her thoughts, she smiled at her nodding her head indicating her to go up.

Tiffany smiled and walked up stairs to receive the diploma, Sunny hugged her happily while Taecyeon just bowed his head “Thank you” she said holding the microphone from Taecyeon’s hands “Thank you” she said at the crowd.

The reflector’s lights dazzled her, so she blinked a few times “Uhm…” she looked down at the diploma >Horvejkhul Suzy< “Suzy…” she began “Suzy will be really happy for this, she worked hard for this, did her best.”

Everyone was quiet, staring at her talking in third person. IU frowned “What is she doing? A confession?” she thought.

“I would like to tell Suzy that I’m thankful for the opportunity that she is giving me right now, that I’m trying my best to do better to everyone. To her.” She continued “I’m thankful, and I am sorry for everything… But I’ll do better, and we will be better.” She stopped and finally lifted her gaze from the floor, her eyes closed as the light of the reflector was still hitting her eyes. She took a deep breath and with no other words, she walked down the stage.

Everyone stood frozen a few second before starting to clap, Sunny took the microphone and smiled, one hand was on her chest “What a lovely speech,” she said as everyone were still confused “The first person you should always be thankful and sorry for, is you. You is the most important person in your life. Be thankful and be grateful, be better with yourself so you can be better to everyone else. Let’s clap again for Suzy!”

“I got the meaning of what you said,” IU told Tiffany as soon as she walked downstairs.

“You are the only one.” She coldly said walking away from her, IU just stared at her, it was better to leave her alone.

 

 

 

 

“Hey, Taec!” Nichkhun greeted him as she walked behind the stage.

“Nichkhun,” he smiled a little bit as he walked toward him to give him a hug “Victoria, how are you?” he then looked next to him to greet her wife.

“I’m good, thank you.” She said.

“You came to the show… that’s great.” He said awkwardly placing his hands on his pockets.

“Of course, we go to every musical festival Suzy is at.”

“This time she surprised us,” Victoria continued “How could she possibly learn to play the piano as perfect as she did today in just 5 days?”

Taecyeon stared at the excited parents.

“I know! Our daughter is a musical genius we didn’t knew about.”

“Oh! Hello Mr. and Ms. Horvejkul!” Sunny walked toward them with a big smile on her face.

“We told you to call us Nichkhun and Victoria, Miss Lee,” Victoria laughed as she reached out to greet her.

Sunny laughed and shook her head “And you were supposed to call me Sunny then” both laughed as they parted from the hug “Did you enjoyed the show?”

“We did! We were telling Taecyeon how surprised we are at Suzy playing the piano as a professional.”

“What?” her smile started to fade, and a confused expression started to appear.

“In only 5 days you teach her how to play the piano this well, I would have thought she started to learn years ago. But 5 days!”

“Our daughter is a musical genius.”

Sunny turned her gaze toward Taecyeon, she was also surprised, the way she played did seemed as if she had started to learn at a very young age “I never realized you were this good of a teacher Oppa,”

“You did this Taec?” Nichkhun pointed at him before smiling bright again “Woah you really are an amazing teacher! How could you do this in merely 5 days!”

“Aunt!” IU happily called Victoria when she saw her and Nichkhun behind the stage “How are you?”

“Aww Jieunie, we are good! Where’s Suzy?” Victoria asked her after parting the hug.

“I want to congratulate my musical genius” Nichkhun said giving her a hug also.

“Oh, she… went to have some fresh air. She will be back in a few minutes.”

 

 

 

 

“Can I talk to her?”

“No.”

“Just one minute,”

“No!”

The past 5 minutes the conversation was pretty much like this. Tiffany asking the angels if she could talk with Suzy and they replying “No” to this.

“Why you suddenly want to talk to her? Did you do something wrong?” Sooyoung asked her.

“I didn’t. And even if I did, you would already know.”

“Your speech to Suzy was beautiful.” Hyoyeon said while playing with her ponytail “She would have loved it.”

“I have a question,” Tiffany started, both angels turned their attention toward her “When we go back to our bodies… If we do—I mean… will she remember all of this?”

“Your speech you say?”

“No, I mean… all of this. Will she remember?”

“We don’t know.” Hyoyeon started “We have never been there.”

“You are the first mistake that happens on Heaven”

“You mean the first mistake you make on heaven?” Tiffany sarcastically told them. The angels made offended expressions and crossed her arms “I’m curious as what she will remember of all these… years.”

“I would make her believe she was in coma and make everyone else lose her memory” Hyoyeon said tapping her fingers on her chin.

“That’s a good plan, I thought I could made them have this as a nightmare. And suddenly waking up at the same time and remembering this horrible nightmare but obviously in their perspective stories,”

“That’s NOT realistic at all Sooyoung!”

“I believe it might be a good idea, think—”

“How could possibly—”

“—It happens all the time, déjà vu like a déjà vu—”

“Suzy!!”

“I’m alone,” she replied, leaning back at the bench.

“Are you okay?” IU quickly asked her as soon as she reached the bench, Tiffany smiled “Your parents—I mean, Suzy’s parents are looking for you.”

“I feel bad Jieun.” She said staring at the distance.

“What? Where are you hurting?” IU asked concerned.

“Not physically, but in my heart and head.” Tiffany sighed “I wonder what is going to happen later, what will be Suzy memory of these years. Will she remember all of this? It is going to become a nightmare? A dream? Will she wake up with no memories as if she happens to spend the last two years on a coma? I wonder what is going to happen to her.”

“I wonder so too.” Jieun sighed “She was—is, the most beautiful person you could ever met, I know that, whatever happens, she will wake up and will get over this. She will meet you and I know you will be best friends.”

“Or cousins?” she looked back at IU “We still haven’t discovered the truth behind Victoria and my mother relationship. She may be my cousin.” IU smiled nodding her head.

“You definitely will have a great friendship, not like the one she has with me, but good.” The both girls laughed “You are asking Aunt Victoria today? Who was Youngmi?”

“I should. But I won’t, I’ll wait until we go back to home. I don’t know how she is going to react.”

She sighed one last time before standing up and both made their ways back to the camp.

 

 

“Our daughter!!” Victoria quickly reached out to hug Suzy as soon as she arrived, Nichkhun also hugged her “You were spectacular as always.”

“Thank you.”

“You are a musical genius sweetie; how come we didn’t know about it?” Nichkhun said with a big smile.

“Thank you.”

“We were telling your teachers that we are so surprised at how quickly you could learn to play the piano like a professional.”

“A 5 days training you made it seems like a 15 years training.”

“W-what? You told them?” her eyes widen, how was she going to explain this to her teachers? To Taecyeon.

“Yes, we are so proud!” Victoria said one las time before hugging her again.

“Go take your things sweetie, we are going home.” Nichkhun told her.

“What?”

“We are taking you and Jieunie home. Why wait until tomorrow morning? Is better to go now so you can rest properly for school.” Victoria informed her; IU was walking back for the cabin with her things.

Tiffany nodded her head “Okay, I’ll go get them.”

 

 

 

 

___________________________________

Not double checking, hope there's no mistakes :D