제19장

My Little Piece Of Heaven

It was a beautiful night.

The ocean waves were the only sound, the full moon illuminated the dark night.

Taecyeon and Tiffany were walking side by side in silence, peeking through the corner of their eyes to catch a glance of each other.

"It's a beautiful night, don't you think?" Tiffany finally broke the silence.

"Tell me about you?" He then said stopping their walk, looking down at her.

Her eyes widen and she swallowed "Wh--what?"

"Yes, where were you born? What you like to do? What you dislike the most? I don't know, you tell me," he smiled sitting down on a bench facing the ocean.

"Well," she laughed awkwardly, she had to think something quickly! It was Suzy who he was asking not Tiffany!

She sat down next to him "Well?" he asked her, almost a minute had passed since she had talked.

"Well," she said again and both laughed "What should I tell you? I don't like cockroaches, avocado, in any of its presentations. I don't like running and I hate poop jokes..." He laughed "I can't eat fish without feeling guilty when seeing their big round eyes as I peel off its skin," Taecyeon smiled warmly at her, her expressions were just so cute. The way her gaze glued to any random object to 'focus' as she talked. It remind him of Tiffany.

"I love spaghetti, and pink color and dresses, and playing the flute and the piano,"

"You play the piano?" She interrupted her.

Her eyes turned to him and then again she swallowed "Y--yes," she stutter, that was something Tiffany knew not Suzy "...what about you?" she quickly asked to divert the attention from her.

"Meeeh... I can defend myself," he chuckled.

"Really? Maybe you should show me," she laughed as well.

"I thought you only played the flute. You really are a box of surprises."

"I learned to play it one summer," she told him, again forgetting the fact that this was Suzy!

"Let me guess, it was because of a man you fall for and so he teach you how to play?"

"How did you know?"

He shrugged his shoulders "I just guessed?"

"I thought it was very romantic so he taught me, it was my summer love, him." she kept talking, it was actually their story but once she realized so, she had to change a few things to not be so obvious.

"Summer love? You already had one? You're 17,"

"Love doesn't know about age" there you go, yes! A subtle way to tell him 'Date me it's fine' her mind was telling her.

He just laughed and shrugged his shoulders again "I guess so," they turned their faces back at the ocean before Taecyeon continued to talk "I also taught how to play the piano to a girl before."

"Summer love also?"

"More like my whole life love." she turned to look at him, his eyes were fixed far at the end of the ocean, as if he could see Tiffany there if he just stared, he truly missed her, and she had thought he had forgotten about her. She was wrong.

"Why did you break up then?" she asked, she just wanted to keep listening him talking beautifully about her. 

"I didn't, she passed away." he stopped a few seconds before turning to see her, she had gone quiet "2 years ago, in a car accident, on the way to our engagement party."

"I'm really sorry" she apologized. His eyes showed sadness, his voice sounded broken. She really meant her 'Sorry', she was sorry for leaving him alone, for not showing herself that day. She was really sorry.

"It's okay, you don't need to apologize." he showed her a small smile "She was perfect, and the time we spent together was perfect too."

"What about Yoona?" she asked.

"What about her?"

"She is your girlfriend, isn't?"

Taecyeon rested his elbows on his knees as he laughed, then went back to sit straight "We are not dating, we never dated,"

"But back at my house..."

"She made some comments that made everyone believe we are together but no. She is an amazing friend who helped me at times when I felt down, but that's all she means to me. I still am mourning my Tiffany."

"Of course, you can't forget someone you spent 9 years with that easily, and specially if she was the love of your life"

Taecyeon frowned as he turned his gaze at her again "How do you know we were together for 9 years?"

Her eyes widen, she just messed up, she didn't think before talking "U--uhmm... You told be before" 

"I didn't,"

"Uh...no? I think you did." she said nervous, she could feel cold sweat rolling down the back of her neck "Or I just guessed? I don't know..."

"You know, you remind me of her."

Again, her eyes widen in shock, what was he suspecting? Does he already knows? "M--me??"

"Do you have any Korean cousins or uncle? Aunt maybe?"

"N--no, I have none. Thailand and China..." she stutter as she used her fingers to point out.

"She was almost your age when I first met her. Her messy short hair when she took off her pink shiny helmet. She was wearing pink shorts and pink Converse, she was the Pink princess since then," he laughed remembering that moment when he first met her, her smile, her voice, her face... "She was so beautiful, hitting my car with her scooter, I forgot about everything when she smiled. Love at first sight," she looked at him, her eyes were teary and had a big smile on her face. She wanted so bad to kiss him, to tell him how much he meant for her too, that he was her first love too and that she was Tiffany.

"Suzy!!!"

"Oppa!"

They both turned back. Making way between the brushes and trees, Sunny and Wooyoung. 

They forgot about them for a few minutes back at the wood fire, just until IU started to shiver and said Suzy's name out loud, that's when Wooyoung realized she had been missing for half an hour.

He went to look for her at the cabin, at the bathroom and since he couldn't find her, he asked Sunny for help. She realized then Taecyeon was also gone.

Honestly, she was thinking bad, finding them sitting on a bench talking wasn't the worst scenario. She was somehow glad they were there.

"What are you doing?" Sunny whispered at Taecyeon, holding him by the shoulder, sightly pressing it.

"Suzy, what's wrong?" on the other side, Wooyoung asked Suzy with a worried face, turning to glare at the teacher a few times "You were gone for half an hour, I was worried. Are you okay?"

"I'm okay,"

"We were just talking," both said at the same time.

"Students, to your cabins now. Go to sleep!" Sunny ordered them. 

Tiffany met Taecyeon's eyes before she started to walk away, they smiled.

Once the were gone, Sunny let out a sigh, he hands were on her waist and she was looking down at her feet "Don't get mad," Taecyeon told her in between laughs "I did nothing. We did nothing"

Just then she held up her fist and hit him hard in the arm "YAH!" Taecyeon held his arm in pain and fell sidewards laughing "I TOLD YOU!! This was what I told you to NOT do and you DID IT!" 

"Sunny..."

"Why don't you listen to me?!"

"You believe in reincarnation?" he asked interrupting her yelling.

"You crazy man!!" She was still busy yelling, she didn't heard him.

"But she is too young for it,"

"Why are you always so stubborn??!"

"Maybe they died the same day!" he stood up at the idea that just popped up on his head.

"You are crazy!"

"That's right!" he snapped his fingers and held Sunny by the shoulder to make her stop yelling, her eyes widen when he did so and stared at her eyes "Tiffany's soul is inside Suzy's body"

Sunny scoffed looking away "Ah, oppa..!"

"No I'm serious!" he pressed on her shoulders so she would turn back to look at him "She reincarnated on a 17 years old student. Maybe Suzy had an accident at the same day and at the same time on the same place!"

"Oppa," this time, she held him by the shoulders, he was talking crazy stuff.

"Maybe she took Suzy's body when both souls were headed to heaven!"

"Ah I shouldn't have agreed when you said they looked alike, now you are making crazy assumptions." she shook her head in disbelief.

"Sunny, she talks like her, she says things like her, what she likes and dislikes. Also, she knows I dated for 9 years with Fany, how did she knew that if I never told her?" he pointed out at her, she just held her head with one hand as the other was resting on her waist.

"You need a psychiatrist. Go to sleep now!"

 


                                                ~~~

 


"I was worried," Wooyoung and Tiffany were still walking toward the cabins when he said breaking the silence "I thought something had happened to you."

"I'm okay," she said with a small smile on her face, she was still smiling after that moment with Taecyeon.

"I know." he sighed stopping their walk "I know you were very fine back there with the teacher." 

"We were just talking,"

"You know that if someone else sees you two he might be reported and fired? And maybe will have to go to jail?" he said on a serious tone, his hands were inside his pockets.

It sounded like an threat to her, he was that 'someone else' that would report him if she still hangs out with him.

"No one will do nothing because we are doing nothing wrong!" she blurted out "You won't do nothing. We are just teacher and student talking,"

"Why don't you talk to me?!" he yelled "I'm your boyfriend you should be talking to me not him!"

"Okay, first, don't yell at me. Second, we are not boyfriend and girlfriend, I never said so, I just gave you a chance because honestly I don't feel nothing for you."

"But you do for him." he bit his lip mad. Just stood there staring at her, his eyes were almost teary when he walked away.

Tiffany sighed to just realized what she had done "Aaaargh Fany!! Why you did that?!" she made her way toward the cabins looking for Wooyoung "Oppa! Wooyoung!!" he was gone when she arrived "Well done Tiffany!" she sighed again before walking to her cabin.

"Where were you?" That was the first question she got as soon as she walked in. It was IU.

"I was just talking..." she stopped her talk when she looked at the recently made up bed "Where are the pictures??" she walked toward the bed pointing it with one finger.

"What pictures?"

"In the bed, my mother's picture?" 

IU snapped her fingers "I knew it! She was your mom! Aaah my assumptions were true, I'm so good! I should be a detective," Tiffany turned to look at her "Should I drop this school and get into a detective school?"

"Hey, hey! What did you just said? Assumptions? What assumptions? What are you talking about?" Tiffany held her hand to stop her from talking "Where are the pictures?"

"Okay, yes!" IU snapped her finger again and rushed toward the trash can that was at the corner of the room, she pulled out a black bag and opened it, walking back toward the bed she placed the sheets that were inside. The letters and the picture, she had throw them out a few minutes ago "Here," she handed her the old picture, Tiffany took it and wiped dust from it "She is your mom right?"

Tiffany nodded "Yes, where did you found this? I should have asked you back then when I confessed everything but I totally forgot about it,"

"I found it back at my house in Seoul," she explained sitting down on the bed.

 

"There it goes. I think I'm going back now, " Jiyeon who was at the other side of the room with arms crossed said with a smile.

"Stay a little longer, it's the important moment of the story, the truth will be finally revealed" Hyoyeon, who had just appeared along with Sooyoung told her.

"Yeah stay, they don't even see us now," Sooyoungg added while chewing on her butter popcorns.

"Ah, where did you bring that?" Jiyeon looked at them and held her arm out to grab some popcorn as well.

"Shh! Shh! She is asking!" Hyoyeon shh-ed the girls before they all turned their attention to the Grand moment that was about to happen.

"But I don't get it, how... why is a picture of my mother on your house? I don't remember my mom talking about relatives at Seoul," Tiffany said sitting down on the bed  in front of IU.

IU then started to look through the letters looking for one "She was aunt Victoria's older sister,"

"My mom had no relatives, I don't remember... I just have aunt Boa who isn't my real aunt, it was my mom's closest friend since school and she never neither talked about me having a blood aunt when my parents passed away."

They looked through the letters, reading them again and again "Maybe your aunt Boa didn't knew about aunt Victoria, your mom separated her even before you were born,"

"Why did she left her? Why Victoria never answered my mom's letters?"

"You had a sister?" 

"I didn't, my mother had a miscarriage." 

"She wrote about having 7 months pregnant, and wanting aunt Victoria to met the baby".

"Argh! I can't remember she talking about Victoria!" She laid back on the bed sighing frustrated, she had one letter on her hand, the letter where her mother mentioned that Tiffany asked for Victoria to come. She was 5 years then, she couldn't remember that day but it was weird that she couldn't remember that name, she probably would have mentioned it a few more times.

"How old where you when they died?"

"I was 12, they left that day to the hospital my mom was feeling sick,"

 

___________________________________________________

 

Monday 9:34 a.m

Busan 1996


"We'll be back baby cake. Mommy has been feeling sick," Tiffany's mom was caressing her daughter's cheeks while explaining.

Tiffany nodded and smiled brightly at her mother "Yes mom. Be careful, aunt Boa promised me she will teach me to dance!"

"Yes my daughter, we will be back," her father said sweetly and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Tiffany waved goodbye to her parents through the window. For the last time.


"Victoria! Sister!" Tiffany's mother, YoungMi, rushed to hug Victoria as soon as she walked inside the clinic.

She couldn't wrap her arms completely around her when the 17 year old girl pushed her older sister away "I'm not your sister," she coldly said "Your father only married my mother, we are nothing."

"You are my sister," YoungMi walked closer to her again but she stepped back again.

"Let's just do it quickly. I just want to let clear that I'm not doing this for you, I just want you to leave me alone! Stop bothering me with your letters all the time!"

"Thank you, it means a lot to me. Even if you say you aren't doing it for me. Thank you."

3 hours passed since the process of artificial insemination began, now they were all outside at the lobby.

"Thanks so much Dr. Seo," YoungMi and HeeSun, Tiffany's dad, thanked the doctor. Victoria was next to them with arms crossed.

"Victoria, I'll see you in 2 weeks for the pregnancy test, to determine if the insemination was successful" the doctor told her but she simply nodded her head before looking away.

They bowed goodbye to the doctor and made their way outside the clinic.

"You should come with us Victoria. Tiffany will be very happy to meet her aunt."

"I am NOT her aunt. You promised you will stop bothering me if I did this. It's done, we did it. So now after 9 months I hope we will never see each other again. Don't mention my name to your child, she is a stranger to me just like I am to her."

"Still, you will have my child on your belly for 9 months, she or he will love you, and I know you will love her also." YoungMi sweetly told her sister. She really hoped her mind would change once she had her older sister's baby inside her.

"I don't think so. I'm leaving,"

"Let us take you to your house," HeeSun offered her before she started to walk away.

"No, just go!" Without looking at them she walked away.

"Thank you Victoria, be careful! I'll call you in two weeks!!" YoungMi waved the small paper Victoria had gave her earlier, it was her phone number, so she could call her to ask for the baby.

"Let's go honey. Because the dark catch us, it's a long way back home." HeeSun sweetly smiled down at her wife who returned the smile.

"I know she will change, from now on. My baby cake will have a sister!"

 

Monday 10:02 p.m

Seoul 1996


"I'm back!" Nichkhun entered the house and smiled at her girlfriend who was sitting on the couch. 

"Hey my love!" she kissed him when he walked toward her "How was your day?"

"Tired! Classes ended up late and I there was so much work back at the laundry." he collapsed on the couch laying his head on Victoria's lap.

"Aww my poor baby, let's eat so you can go sleep." She caressed his face.

"No," he shook his head holding her hand and placing a kiss on it "What did you step sister told you today?" He stood up turning to look at her "Will she finally leave you alone?"

"I hope she does after they get her baby out of me!" she said frustrated while pointing down at her belly.

"When will you know if it worked?"

"In two weeks." Suddenly the phone started ringing, Nichkhun reached out for it.

"It's for you," he told Victoria, who mouthed him 'who is?' he shook his head.

 

3 Weeks later

"Please keep this Dara," Victoria handed her fiance's best friend a small box.

"What did you decided?" she asked after taking the box and opened it.

"I'm keeping the baby, we are keeping our baby." she sighed caressing her 1 week pregnant belly "No one knows about it. So after this baby is born we will register as our child."

"Of course, since the day that woman passed away, this baby became yours!"

"Yes, it is my child now."

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________

We are almost there chingus! :D