Chapter 3

Coping with a Professional Jerk!

 



Luhan

     I parked my car next to our dorm and turned to her thinking whether I should wake her up or not. She seemed pretty tired after a long flight from US and knowing the jet lag feeling as I myself had been traveling from one place to another, I wanted to at least let her sleep but I'm not a man with free time on his hand. I have to go to the company next and tonight, we're going to Music Bank so time right now is very limited to me. I shook her lightly and poked her shoulder but she was still deep in slumber. I sighed.

     "If you don't wake up, I'll leave you here by yourself" I warned and she scratched her nose. I scoffed.

     "You don't want to? Okay then." I was about to get out of the car when I noticed that it was already three so I started the engine and head to the company. I groaned. I was genuinely tired and sleepy and I could've at least slept for two hours if I didn't have to pick her up. What was so important that he have to tell me in person? It was a fifteen minute drive and as if on cue, she woke up just as I parked my car on the 'staffs' parking lot.

     "Oh now, you decided to wake up" I slammed the door and rolled my eyes.

     "What? Are we there?" She squinted her eyes at the building and I told her to leave her bags in the car.

     She followed me quietly as I made my way towards Soo Man's office. I could see how she was studying the posters on the wall and I figured she's clever enough to work out that we're idols but I was kind of surprised at how quiet she was being. I was expecting a bunch of questions to be thrown at me like how any normal girls would do but I guess she's not one of them. I smirked when I saw glancing at me. When we got to his office, I told her to wait outside and she nodded nonchalantly.

     "Luhan, what took you so long?" Soo Man placed down his ipad and clasped his hands expecting for a reasonable answer.

     "Sorry, I had to go pick my friend from the airport" I decided to go with the truth and sat directly in front of him. His expression surprisingly changed and I knew he knew about her. I guess Baekhyun told him to avoid any misunderstanding or a possible upcoming scandal so that he would be prepared and not panic.

     "Oh yes, I heard about her from Baekhyun. Is she here with you perhaps?" My body stiffened. Why is he interested in her? What's his plan this time?

     "If she is?" I questioned and raised an eyebrow.

     "Great, call her in" he clapped. I sat still and he motioned his assisstant to the door. What's his plan really? And then she came in glancing at me then bowed at him.

     "Yoomi right? Sit down" He reached out for a handshake as she came next to me.

     "Are you perhaps interested in being Luhan's assistant?" He offered.

     "What?" She looked at me probably considering the idea in her head. No way that's going to happen missy.

     "We have managers and other staffs, we don't need another thank you" Has he gone crazy? How can he casually hire a girl he just met to be our assistant? Rich girls like her don't suit this kind of job anyway. To me, they should be in the business department. And I'm sure she'll be thankful to me later for not breaking her well polished nails.

     "I'm saying that she'll be your personal assistant, not your group" That confused me even more. Why am I the only one with an assistant? Am I not capable of handling myself that I need extra assistant for me to cope?

     "And your reason being?" Without letting him answer, she spoke.

     "I'm sorry but I think you know pretty well that I just arrived here and I have not yet find myself a place to live in-"

     "Oh, I thought you're going to be staying with him?" I was shocked at how he knew about that. How does he know so much about our personal lives?So is that the reason? I scoffed. If it's like that, she won't be living with me. She gave me a look that clearly says she's clueless. I'm going to have a talk with Baekhyun after this so that he could find her somewhere else to live.

     "No, she won't be living with me so there's no need for you to make her my assistant thank you" I bowed and pulled her out of there with me. This is all just ludicrous. I won't have her as my assistant or in my house.

     "Did Baekhyun say I'll be living with you?" She stopped me on my track. I'm already stressed enough and I don't need her to stress me out even more. I ruffled my hair and faced her.

     "Look, this is all his plan, and I'm going to talk to him about it now so move" I pushed her out of the way and made my way towards my car. The drive home was quiet and silent thankfully.