Chapter 16 - Plan

Coping with a Professional Jerk!


"Here are your orders" The waitress placed the tray full of bubble teas and the boys thanked her sincerely before they contentedly drink the heavenly beverage. The waitress left blushing. The reason she blushed was actually because of one particular guy on that table smiled at her making an eye contact. And she couldn't help but to blush. Obviously who wouldn't? She's been crushing on him for quite a long time, even before he became an idol. Usually, he would go to the shop every week with his friends but after he made his debut, he would always come with his group and they will sit on 'their' table. The table by the window just next to the shop entrance. Luhan gave Lay a knowing glance before Lay looked down and laughed shyly rubbing the back of his neck.

While the guys were enjoying themselve chatting, Yoomi felt left out and decided to make herself busy playing with her phone. A hand suddenly, slided a glass of Honeydew Bubble Tea in front of her. "Don't pretend like you don't want one" Baekhyun nudged her side and winked. "Where's my thank you?" Baekhyun teased. She rolled her eyes playfully "Thanks Baek" "Anything for you, baby" He beamed and took a big sip of his bubble tea.

~~~

I gave Yixing the 'knowing' look as he made eye contact with the girl. I rolled my eyes at the shy Yixng. "Just untill when are you gonna keep playing hard to get huh?" I punched his shoulders as he laughed. "I'm not playing hard to get!" He denied with a smile on his face. "You clearly are. Come on dude, you know the girl have hots over you yet you're still sitting here not making the next move" I said. It's true. She clearly like him back but he's doing nothing about it. And to be honest, the girl is actually quite cute. I'd totally go for her if Yixing here decided to not make a move. But too bad I'm too busy for girls. My eyes is set on someone else at the moment, trying to figure her out. She's just different and mysterious. "You know me, I get all shy and nervous in front of girls. I'm just gonna embarrass myself man" Yixing said breaking my thoughts. "I swear they should be a couple already" I heard Taemin say. "Wanna make a bet?" Chanyeol grinned towards the guys. What bet? I better not be included, Chanyeol. I thought as I looked over to them.

~~~

"About what?" D.O asked with his eyes widened, his signature look. "I bet Baekhyun and Yoomi will start going out in a month" "I'm in!" "Me too!" "Nah, I think that's too late, I bet they'll start going out in two weeks!" "No! I think one week!" "No-" "I'm betting right now!" Baekhyun joined in. All heads whipped towards him. "W-what? What are you talking about?" Chen stuttered as he glanced at the guys nervously. "I thought we were betting on us two?" Baekhyun assumed. "So I'm betting now" He pulled Yoomi closer. "Ahh! What was that for?!" Baekhyun shrieked while protecting himself with his arms. Yoomi pinched his ribs. "For saying stupid stuff!" She responded.

"Me and Baekhyun? Never gonna happen guys. Plus, why would anyone go out with this idiot here" She poked his stomach. "Ah! Stop hurting me darling" Baekhyun whined in a cheesy way. "Aish! Yah, stop that" She hit his shoulder. "Stop what HONEY?" Baekhyun smirked flirtatiously as he emphasizes the word 'honey'. She slapped his arm. "I said stop it Byun Baekhyun" "Stop what WIFEY?" Baekhyun grinned at her and quickly protect himself from getting hit. "Yah" She put her fist in the air warning him. "Ah okay okay" He laughed as he pulled her hand down. "I was just messing, chill out" "Whatever" She rolled her eyes.

The boys turned away from the scene "One month?" Chanyeol smirked. "Deal" They all agreed "If I'm right, you have to pay the me 5000 won, each one of you" "You guys better prepare your money, we all know I'm gonna win this thing" Chanyeol grinned evily. "Oh in your dream creep" Kris stated. Whatever hyung, I know I'll win. Chanyeol thought.

~~~

"So Yoomi, how long have you known Baekhyun for?" Chen asked. "Since we were 5 years old?" I turned to Baek and he nodded in approval. "Yeah, 5 years old so it's been about 14 years since we've met" "Wow, 14 years?" The boys gaped. I nodded like it's not a big deal. "How did you two meet?" They ask me these questions like me and Baekhyun are a couple and have been in love for a long time. I answered them anyway. "Well, firstly, my dad and his dad are business partners and we also went to the same school" "And after school, Baekhyun used to always come to my house to play with me and my b- my dog" I cursed myself for almost spilling the secret. "Yeah, her dog was almost like my best friend" Baekhyun carried on and placed his hand on mine. I smiled "Yeah, me and Baekhyun loved our dog, we used to play with him everyday. But when we moved to US, he suddenly went missing and we looked everywhere for him but there was no news of him" "I cried so hard that night. I hate my dog for being selfish and decided to run away without telling me" This is the perfect moment for me to cry but I didn't. I'm over him now. Of course I still miss him but I hate him more for leaving me. What kind of brother would leave his one and only sister alone? I hate him for that.

After telling them about my past, the boys sensed that the topic was getting a little bit emotional so they changed the subject by telling me how they got in the company. "Oh yeah, how come you never told me about that?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Well, I thought you knew!" He threw his hands up in the air. "Whatever Baekhyun" I turned to Chanyeol and for a split second, he was flabbergasted. Chanyeol then told me how he got casted. Now that I look at his face, he reminded me of someone. Maybe it's just my imagination. I decided to ignore that thought. We carried on talking about their group when they suddenly received a call from their manager informing their next schedule and they needed to get ready right now.

I should really get used to the fact that they're singers.