Chapter 13 - Personal Assistant?

Coping with a Professional Jerk!

 



Flashback

*Yoomi you . Just hang on, I'm coming...*

~~~

Yoomi's POV

"Ah!" I jolted up in shock and gasped out loud when someone grabbed my hand and abruptly pulled me up on my feet. My eyes widened and the next thing I knew, I was in someone's arm. An arm was wrapped around my shoulder and all I could hear was gasps from the crowd and their eyes were all on me. I didn't dare to look up.

I trembled in that person's arm and tiny droplets of sweats could be seen trailing down from my forehead leaving shiny trails down to my chin. My breathing started to slow down and everything moved in slow motion. I could hear my own uneven, loud breathing. My head was spinning and the world seemed to be spinning as well. 

That person must've realised how dizzy I was because he grabbed on to me tighter but gently and he hugged me closer to him. Silence filled the air but the next second, all I could hear was camera flashing everywhere. *Why are they taking pictures?* I took a deep short breath but it didn't help as I was literally chocking. That person pressed in some code numbers and we got inside.

As soon as I heard the door closes behind us, I dropped on my knees. My whole body was trembling. I needed Baekhyun. *Where's Baekhyun...* "It's okay noona, I'll handle this" a voice spoke. "Yoomi-ah" *Baekhyun?* "Yah, just do what I would always say okay?" Baekhyun came running and kneeled down next to me and spoke in this particular gentle voice which he knew would calm me down. I nodded and closed my eyes. He hugged me while  my back softly.

"Take a deep breath" I did what he told.

I kept repeating the words Baekhyun taught me to remember 'I'm safe now...I'm safe now...'.

"Keep doing that." I nodded. And then he started singing the song he would always sing to me over the phone. It's called Baby Don't Cry. He rocked our body side to side as he rested his head on mine. Gradually my breathing started to turned normal and I felt like as if I've just been released from being trapped inside a small space.

I felt relieved but my body still felt weak and fragile. I was too tired to even stand up. My lips was trembling and my hands couldn't stop shaking. 

He stopped singing. "Feeling better?" he looked at me. I didn't need to answer. He helped me to stand up and he gave me a bottle of water to drink so that I could gain back all my drained energy.

"Hyung thanks for helping her" Baekhyun spoke and for a moment, I forgot that person who saved me was there. I turned to my saviour and my eyes enlarged. I looked down in embarassment. *Aish! Why does it have to be him? How am I supposed to thank him?* "And I believe you have something to say to me?" I looked up to see him bent down untill his eyes were at the same level as mine, smirking at me with his arms crossed.

"T-thank y-you" I mumbled and my ears suddenly felt hot. I looked away and Baekhyun wasn't next to me. *Wth? Where the heck has that idiot gone?* I looked around frantically. *He's so gonna get it from me* "What's that? I couldn't hear you" "T-thank you" I said it once more even though I was sure that he was just doing it on purpose just to hear me saying it again.

"And what's it for..." He put his hand behind his ear. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "For saving me" I said half-heartedly. "And..." He puts his face closer to me. "And what?" I asked.

"And you should thank ME for giving you the expensive phone" He leaned back and crossed his arms. "You-" I pointed at him. "It was you?!" *Aish! Crap, I thought it was Baek* I smiled nervously."Did you perhaps receive any message, umm, from...me?" I played with my fingers and shut my eyes tight. *Please say no!*

"Oh! You meant this, 'Baek! Thank you so much for the phone! Love you! I owe you!'" He read it out. I looked down in shame for saying I love him and mistakenly called him Baekhyun. "Err, that was just-"You owe me" He stated cutting me off. *Oh great* I looked up at him. He showed me his phone and it was a picture of him trying to save me from earlier. There was a big bold title 'Exo Luhan, the famous rookie group was seen hugging a girl!'

My eyes widened as I snatched the phone off him. Instead of worrying about the news, I felt betrayed because Baekhyun didn't tell me he was a singer. *How come he never told me before?!* Then everything made sense to me. That was why the girls were taking pictures of us. They must've been his fangirls. "Since you owe me for the phone and for saving you, you're going to have to pay me back" He smirked snatching his phone back. "What do you want me to do?" I gritted my teeth.

"Because I saved you..." *Oh whatever. you've said that so many times! I get it! You saved me!* "...and bought you a new phone which was very expensive..." I rolled my eyes. *I never asked you to buy it did I?* "...you, have to be my personal assistant." He grinned proudly.

"What?!" I exclaimed.