Chapter 1

Coping with a Professional Jerk!

 



Yoomi

     Finally, my foot stepped on the land of Seoul after 7 years in California, I'm finally back to my home country. Excitement washed over me like an immense outbreak of a sudden explosion. The freshness of the spring breeze cooled my nose, sending chills down my spine and I sighed. Bestowing my memory, the last time I was here, in Seoul was approximately 5 years ago, when I was 13 years old and now at 18.

     Not wanting to waste any more time than I already had, I walked through the entrance pulling my suitcase with me. I didn't pack much because Aiden, my dad's friend, and practically my uncle will be coming over in a month to see me. And he said he won't mind bringing my clothes over with him.

     "The entrance.." I muttered with my eyes scanning the place for Baekhyun. Baekhyun is my bestfriend, we grew up together, well, almost, since I left to US. We used to tease each other a lot, we still do actually, wether we're on video chat, phone calls or on message. I used to tease about his height, he was pretty short back then. But then again, that was like 5 years ago, now he might have grown tall, alot taller than me even. I dialed his number because 10 minutes has passed and I've stood on the same spot with some creepy man who kept ogling and winking his eyes at me which was starting to freak me out. Come on Baek, pick up. I prayed desperately for him to pick his freaking phone up!

     Suddenly, without any warning, a black BMW car rudely honked causing me to embarrassingly jumped and squeal. Gosh! That scared the hell out of me! The car parked alarmingly a few meters away from me and feeling guarded, I backed away a few steps, anticipating for what was going to come next. The tinted window elegantly rolled down and inside was a blonde-haired guy wearing a sunglasses and a leopard printed cap which had me wonder why he was so covered up under the fresh weather.

     “Get in" A soft yet angry melody came out of his mouth, eyes looking directly at me through his brown shades. I wondered if he was talking to me or the creepy old man who seemed to ran away because he was no longer near me.

     "Umm, I think you got the wrong person" I spoke.

     “Isn't your name Yoomi?" How did he know that?

     "Yes I-

     "Then get in" he cut me off crudely.

     His attitude was starting to boil my nerve but then I decided to let that off since I don't know what he is capable of doing if response wrongly. "I'm sorry but do I know you?" I asked rather politely. He scoffed as a reply and tossed me his phone, good thing I caught it in time before it meet my face and cause any unfortunate injury.

     "Yah!" This guy seriously need lessons on manners. But then, a picture of a guy who dangerously looked like Baekhyun on the screen along with a message that says, 'Hyung, can you pickup my friend Yoomi at the airport at 2! I'm busy atm. Just tell her I sent you to pick her up. Thanks hyung!' caught my attention.

     “Now get in” the jerk spoke. I was having a battle in my head whether I should believe him or not and hesitantly, I made my way towards his car and stopped.

     "How do I know you're not lying?"

     "Your choice" He rolled the window up getting ready to drive away and the stupid me just had to stop him. And so, I made the decision to give him the benefit of a doubt and got into the car struggling with my suitcase. I didn't know it was this heavy. After a good five minute with the suitcase, I flashed him my most realistic, sarcastic smile I could do.

     "Well, thank you for being a gentlemen and helping me with the luggage" And he replied with a smirk.

     I watched him taking his cap off. I didn't even realize I was staring at him through the mirror until his eyes met mine. I must admit, he's very good looking. I had a glimpse of his sharp features. His eyes were light brown with long and thick eyelashes. His hair was a shade of golden blonde which shines under the sunlight. His eyebrows were light brown and they were thick compared to mine. I looked down to his small lips and they looked so soft which I guessed he puts on lipbalm often. I chuckled at the thought of guys putting lip balm on. To me, that would look gay, no offence. His skin however, looked especially delicate and clear for a guy-

     “Are you done staring at me?” he caught me off guard. I felt my face growing warmer by the minute and I'm pretty sure my face was burning red. 

     “Wh-who says I was staring at you. Psh" I looked away. Now's not the time to stutter, Yoomi!

     From the corner of my eyes, I saw him smirking in victory. I tried my best avoiding him or his remarks and the speed he was driving at somehow was able to make me forget about being embarrased. He was literally driving passed the speed limit. I held onto my seat belt trying to control my face expressions not to look like I'm bothered by it and focused on the views outside. Soeul hadn't change much since the last time. Everything was the same. The shops, markets, buildings although there are a few unknown buildings and shops that I bet just opened since I haven't seen them before.

     A peice of childhood memory of years ago flashed before my eye as we drove by the river. It was a memory of mine and Baekhyun's family picnicking near the Han River. My lips curled, recalling another peice of ancient, the time I fell and scraped my knee and I still remember how Baekhyun sang all the way home with me on his back. I want to hear him sing that song again.