Dinner with Yong Guk

Is This What You Want?

 

We walked together and soon we reached somewhere near the end of the street. 

 

"Ahjumunee!" I shouted as a middle-aged later waved at me, signalling me to go over. I ran over, "As usual, but.. maybe 2 portion..?" I said and looked at Yong Guk. 

"Deh, 2 portions." Yong Guk said. 

"Okay! I will give you extra, as per usual.." the street food stall owner replied. 

 

"Here your ddukbukki and kimbap, enjoy your meal!" the stall owner said cheerfully. 

"Money.." Yong Guk reached his hand out to the stall owner to pass her the money, the amount he wanted to pay was just enough for 2 portions. 

"An-dwe!" I grabbed his wrist. "We will go dutch!" 

Ahjumunee took the money and pass the change to Yong Guk. And I pass my money to her. 

Yong Guk let out a small laugh and said, 'Wow! How long haven't I eat these?!" 

'You mean you don't eat these..?" I asked. 'They are delicious.. and cheap!" I added.

"And big portion?" Yong Guk asked.

"Yes.." I answered ".. And banana milk. Oh, chocolate for you.." I took out 2 bottles of milk from my pocket. 

"You remembered?" Yong Guk was surprised. 

"Remember what?" I tried to act blur. 

"Chocolate milk.. I said I like it." Yong Guk explained himself. 

"I can like drinking both banana and chocolate milk together actually.." I joked. 

"So you don't?" He tried to confirm with me.

"Nah, not at all." I took a mouthful of ddukbukki.

"Liar." He mumbled. 

"Okay you got me.. I remember, alright?~" I asked jokingly. 

We both laughed and continued eating. 

Soon my break time has come to an end, Yong Guk had another kid to tutor and we parted each other. 

I walked back to the shop smiling widely to myself. Thinking about what Ahjumunee did after Yong Guk left. 

 

Flashback

"Student, boyfriend?" Ahjumunee asked gossiply. 

"Aniyo ahjumunee!" I replied loudly. 

"Omo! Girl is blushing.." Ahjumunee mocked. 

"Aniyo.. Your food is too spicy.. and.. and.." I can't continue. 

"You two looks good together. Tall and taller. Cute couple!" Ahjumunee said. 

"Aigoo, ahjumunee, I need to get back to work.." I left. 

 

*finally right~? I know right!! ^^*