Drawing Breaths

Matchmaking sensation

Amber and Krystal haven't spoken a word to each other. The air in between them became electrifying to anyone in its vicinity. Jessica and Soo wondered what could've happened between them but decided to mind their own business.

"Anyone like chicken?" Soo blurted.

"There's no chicken in the meal nor the table at all." Amber said drily. Jessica swallowed her laugh. Soo is such a dumb with dad jokes for days.

"Hey, I think I'm full." Krystal said with a neutral tone. She stood up with one sway. "Don't look for me, I'll be reading."

Just like how Krystal specifically said to be left alone to read, Amber decided to join suit few minutes later like the complete that she thinks she is. Soo and Jessica looked at each other in fear.

"Do you think they'll be fine?" Jessica asked.

"They obviously need to have a talk with each other."

*****************

It was the perfect weather to be inside, in the interior pool with skylights that illuminates the whole space. An honest diffusing light that's smooth to the eyes. Krystal's attention were glued to her book Gone Girl. She somehow still got stuck in this chapter's two page in which she tried to reread over and over again expecting her mind to comprehend what the plot came down to no avail. At the corner of the room a little squeak of the door betrayed Amber's stealth entrance. Krystal didn't bother moving her glance off her book to actually see that with her own eyes. Upon being ignored Amber took off her shirt to reveal her swimsuit underneath it. She throws some gaze there and there to try and confirm whether the person she's performing for is seeing her for what she is.

No she is still nerding out on her goddamn book, Amber thought.

Taking matters into hand she went to position to dive in the pool. A big splash reverberates the entire pool hall. Finally Krystal glances at her direction but Amber is under water and wouldn't know that. This game of cat and mouse falls down to the mismatched timing of their undivided attention.

"Help! Help!" Amber struggled to say with her head half under water. Krystal didn't buy it her diving form was perfect. There is no way Amber doesn't know how to swim.

One long minute passes by where Amber kept screaming for help. Krystal didn't have it in her to help. She thinks this is all acting. Suddenly the cries stopped abruptly leaving Krystal stuck in a dead silence. The type that gives you chills in the back. Finally she puts her book down then started running womewhere Amber was last seen. She jumped in the water trying to see where Amber could be. A hand out of nowhere grabbed her arms... She kicked the assailants in the water.

"Hey, hey it's just me." Amber came to the surface.

"YAH, you . I was worried..."

"Worried hehe. I finally got to see your eyes staring back at me. Can't believe i have to resort to this." Their body rested against each other.

"Amber...."  Krystal pushed her away her ears bright red.

"Wait!"