Weather's side

Matchmaking sensation

 

"Alright, alright. I'll be going. Goodnight Jass...sica." Sooyoung increased the tone of her voice to emphasize her teasing attitude. She may admit that she only kid around but to me she was flirting with my sister. I didn't say I hate Sooyoung unnie. No way. I get it she's humorous, cool and all but she just not the person my sister needed. She needs someone who can control her, be uptight in a loveable way and bring out the best of sica unnie. I figured that she unconsiously love nerds and geeks since she started dating in high school. She's the kind of person who was able to overlook physical appearance. Her heart can be melted upon seeing smart and diligently dedicated people.Those popular kids would have better chances with someone else. In this case, Sooyoung should just give up.

 

"Goodnight Soo." said my sister timidly. Well, my prediction could be proven wrong... she's way too responding to Sooyoung unnie's words. I'll let my sister be, there's no harm in experimenting. This won't last anyway.

 

"Whoa. Soo...I think we have a problem." Amber said while I was on my way to the stairs.

 

The cold wind coming from the outside carried snow all over the room. Out of curiosity, I went back to see what's going on. The ice cold  smack of air was blowing and spinning around, gracing me low temperature I have grown to love for reminding me winter. The trees of our garden shook abruptly as if it was going to collapse any second. How odd...it wasn't suppose to snow at this time of autumn though it was kinda the end of fall. I mean some of my classmate was still able to wear their summer uniform earlier that day.

In the back of my mind, I was sharply aware that, one way or another, those two guests would have to stay and wait for the blizzard to stop revolting. Before my sister got to say anything about that matter, I planned on going back to my room incognito. If I had to be haunted by Amber stay I'd rather not know about any of it. Like a complete coward, I tiptoed to the curving stairs leading to my bedroom. I thought I was gonna be uncaught but my sneeze betrayed me. Even though I covered the noise with my two hand.

 

"Soojung. Come back here immediatly." She had always been so sharp towards me.

 

"I was just going to sleep..." Raising my eyebrows, I undirectly complained.

 

"Before you do. Show Amber the spare room. I think the blizzard wouldn't stop until tomorrow."

 

and shoot... I was trying to avoid that idiot.

 

"What about Sooyoung unnie?"

 

"I'm the one in charge of her." Her statement shut me up for good. She's seriously mesmerized by Sooyoung- either because of her personnality or her physical appearance. It's likely her personnality, I guess.

 

***********************************************

 

"Here's your room." I said, indifferently.

 

"Are you going to sleep here too?" Amber seemingly put up a concerned face. As if I was going to rip her clothes off and get advantage of her. Somehow it destroyed my pride in between the lines. I hang onto my self, trying to shallow my spicy reply because I knew that if I got out of control, the sun would set dawn already.

"No." I pointed my own room this time.

 

"Ow. I'll be going then." She waved at me and went straight inside without making eye contact.

 

"Please do." I uttered out of politeness.She didn't seem to dwell onto the previous -like-saving-allergy incident, which is good very good. I won't be uneasy around her anymore.

 

Without wasting time I headed towards my cocoon. I threw myself on my bed to bounce few times. It gave me some sort of satisfaction to feel the empty air underneath my body. I was flying for a millineum second. I know, I could be authistic in some way. After resting still, I opted for a side sleeping position as I bended my knees to fit my entire length of feet inside the blanket. My hands curled up, squeezing the upper part of the covering fabric. Then I let my eyes shut before my brain started to discuss and recall everthing occuring that same day.

I couldn't force my lips to be relaxed. Something was persistently pulling the extremity of my lips, lifting my cheekbone and sending me a lightness in the heart I never had the opportunity to comprehend. Simply knowing, being in the same roof, breathing the merely same air... Before I could finish the setence that could actually mean something, my prideful control-freak dweller side yelled out a big no. No, no and no. No more Amber.

 

So...

 

In the end, I was unable to get on with the sleep I needed so much to recover my exhausted body. My mind and soul weren't in the state of resting. My heart palpited too much.

Urgh... What to do?

 

The little noise emitted by a message notification made me sit up straight. I was glad to have an occupation distracting my tormented thoughts. My attention was on the screen enlightened by my touch. The text appeared before me.

 

AL: r u awake?

 

Talking about distraction, I wasn't expecting to be in contact with the very person who caused a short circuit error to my previously well-maintained sanity. In a human language: I was going crazy. And whenever I am, I'll talk nonsense, building up long incoherent sentences similar to what political people will say if they are asked a sensitive tabou-like questions.

 

How should I answer her...

 

*********************************

 

Third person point of view.

 


"What's up with Steve Jobs and...Emma Watson doing on your wall ?" Sooyoung was bewildered and somehow pleased to see a standing out feature in Jessica's taste and personnality, making her a curiosity attraction and interesting human being.

 

"I dunno. I just like them there. Young Steve Jobs is wonderful."

 

"And...putting a poster of Emma Watson just next to it..."

 

"I like her." Jessica simply replied while looking for an extra matress.

 

"I didn't know you were so into geeks... no pardon me, knowledge dedicated people."

 

Jessica frowned for a bit. "Why are you so interested?"

 

"It's just... never mind." Sooyoung turned around holding her face as her cheeks felt hotter than before. For the first time she regretted giving up her geeky side in front of public. She improved a lot in social skill and looks which was surprisingly goddess-like as she worked hard to change. Sooyoung realized in her childhood that those crappy inner beauty quotes weren't valide for most people. Beauty does help you find a job, opportunities, affection, friendship and perhaps love. As a perfectionist, Sooyoung had no choice but adapt herself to the general perception saying that "geeks are uncool." Since then she was the top-knotch popular girl, frauding her surrounding with her non-nerd face and body.

On the other hand, she was embarrassed letting Jessica know that she, was, indeed, a geek too. A computer and books addict. She had made an oath to herself that she would never reveal her true self to anyone but her family. The uptight and rule-freak that she is, Sooyoung was unable to do anything about this matter. There she thought, she couldn't find love because of her nerdy image but when she improved bang! A wonderful girl showed up, capable of loving the Sooyoung gone long ago.

 

What a complete shame. Yeay. She thought bitterly. Not to mention, her being a female epitome. It's a surplus bonus. Everyone would agree on this one. Sica's gorgeous.

 

"Yah, I hate when people leave the conversation cuz they're zooning out." Pouty, Sica brushed her finger onto Sooyoung's chin, lifting the taller girl eyes to hers. The perfectly round and overwhelming orbs was looking inside Sooyoung's soul. The taller girl shivered as her knees mimicked mochi's texture.

 

Sooyoung chocked hardly. "Whe-when did you get there?"

 

"I'm a ninja..." The Jung whispered with full of breath.

 

There was no way, Sooyoung was going to come out with a rational answer. "Seriously? I thought they were all extinct... during the last century or something."

 

"YAH, am I that fitting to be ninja for you to believe my joke?"

 

"Well I don't know what to expect from you anymore. So...sumimasen."

 

"C'est pas grave." Sooyoung knew it was french when she heard it. If her language course didn't betray her it means..."it doesn't matter."

 

Whoa, day one and she was already stepping into the seventh sky of happiness. Sica was probably the perfect girl. Yet, at her disappointement, she was a celebrity- an emcee, model, actress at once. How is the public going to react upon Sooyoung's heart true desire?

Up until now, homouality is a big tabou and a severe no in Korea. Famous people had developped a thick skin from all the variety show, rumors, obsessed haters and doubts on their talent. Therefore, coming out of the closet was not part of the option. It will make their life even harder than it already is.

Sooyoung felt a big ditress in her heart before sighing outwardly.

 

 

 

 

Hey, finally I got to update.

Sumimasen. Excuse-moi. Sorry. Maaf. Mianhe. Disculpe. Pardon. Scusa.

For taking so long.... I'm saying sorry in every language that I know of...

There is no excuse. You guys don't deserve a busy author like me. Hiks.

 

I'll be back to update more. I have this deep dark eyes to cure.

Hope to dream either Amber or Sooyoung. *fangirl mode on*