TV

Matchmaking sensation

In Krystal's head

She was there in the other side of my flat screen, answering the reporter's question about her herited museum and private life. Before I knew it, I kept watching this television program without flicking it to another one. My eyes were fixated to her answer and responds. I raised the volume in order to hear clearer. From what I understood, the museum Lamavo, had bought one of the most famous painting in the world, which was Starry Night painted by Van Gogh. Indeed the news had made it to the entire continent, even the one across the Pacific Ocean. Amber had succeed to get that painting by offering the highest amount of money to the previous Museum beholding it. Amber was meant to owe that museum...

When the serious matter had been clarified until the last drop of it, the press media asked her about her private life. In some ways, my eyes got wide from hearing that. I got closer to the television as I crawled to the edge of my bed. I grapped the remote control and hold it to my chest from nervousness. It was like watching a thriller movie. Then I realised, why did I acted this way? There's nothing to be nervous about, her life's her life. My mind was telling me to chill out but my heart kept racing and fought against my will.

"Amber Liu, congratulation for owning Van Gogh's masterpiece." stated one of the reporters.

"Thank you, sincerely. It wasn't just me." Amber calmly replied while smiling.

"Aside your negotiation skill, which was obviously above the norm, you are still a 17 year old teen, am I right?"

"Yes, I am." Her voice was heard so well from the mike.

"Then, do you consider yourself mature enough to be in charge of your father's cultural institute?"

"I have no choice. I have to be ready right now."

"Very well, then what about your private life? As a teen, you must have a lovelife to worry about."

She looked down the floor. The words she wanted to say seemed stuck in . For a good 5 seconds she didn't say anything. I felt bad for her. Amber looked so disturbed by the given question. The flashlight blinded her eyes every half of second. I wondered in my head, what's on her mind right then. Not to mention, that she is a girl who acts like a guy in front of the public to be accepted as the museum leader. Though she didn't pretend to be one, the whole Korea knew she was a girl but she was really treated like a boy heriting the museum.

"Actually... I don't know what to say. I guess that I have someone I dearly care." She mumbled in her mike.

"Would you mind telling us who it is?" asked another reporter in an enthusiastic way.

"It's not important anyway." She managed to answer.

"Is it Krystal Jung, the second heir of Jung Company?" that same reporter showed an image of our accidental scandal; the one we seemed to kiss each other, captured from our back.

I was hoping that.... Amber would say no. I forced my heart to think so. There is no way she's going to make the rumor about us worse than before. I'm having a mixed feeling about her possible answer. If yes, then I would need to deal with the rumor or maybe just go with the flow and date her. If no, then I would have nothing to do with Amber, we would no longer have something in common; my life would be serene. I didn't know why it felt empty, imagining myself having a quiet life without arguing with Amber.

"Uhmm..." She looked uncomfortable. "No. It's not her."

"Then who might be the lucky girl?"

"Suzy."

That answer blew me in a snap of second. It was unexpectedly worse than her saying no. My chest felt weird and hollow. I turned off the TV without waiting for the end of the conference. I ran to my bathroom to wash my burning face. The water on my face dissimulated my eyes' emotions expression, tears. I didn't even believe the fact that I shedded a drop of tear for that stupid answer coming from an idiot's mouth.

I should've been happy that the rumor's going to end. I should've been grateful of the situation. I sulked deeply in the corner of my room.

So...

All this time...

I'm a fan of hers?

Or...

I'm just being possessive as a little sister from another mother?

**************

On Sunday, Sica unnie asked me to go out to the mall with her. I wasn't as sharp as I usually was when it came down to selecting the items I would buy. Normally I would carry more than 5 bags of purchased items but right then, I carried nothing. Meanwhile Sica unnie had the shopping of her life. And I ended up carrying her bags.

That day I wore the blue leather jacket Amber gave me. Everytime I saw myself in the mirror she became more vivid in my mind. I could imagine her satisfied face if she saw me wearing her gift. Nevertheless, she's not here with me so wearing this jacket was pretty much going to waste. Unappreciated little effort.

"Krys, you're gloomy today." stated Sica unnie.

"Am I?"

"You haven't bought anything yet."

"Oh, so I am gloomy." I weakly said.

"Yah, tell me. What did Amber do to you?" She asked while mixing her frapuccino with the plastic spoon.

"Nothing."

"Well, yesterday she claimed that Suzy was her girlfriend... Not that she said that literally. She only said that Suzy was a person she cared about." Added Jessica unnie.

My big sister had a point. She didn't say that Suzy was her girlfriend...

"Anyway, it's not important. I'm nothing to her."

"Yah don't say that. In normal situation I would laugh so hard at you. But this time I'm rooting for you."

"Oh, geez, I can feel your kindness from head to toe." I replied sarcastically.

"Of course you can." Her voice was as flat as her expression.

We are both highly sarcastic creatures... 

**************************

The day after.

I succeed forcing my feet to drag me to the classroom. The bonus of school is that silence would never crawl behind you to kill your sanity slowly. People are all so loud in this learning place. I looked at my empty seat; the one next to Sulli who was Amber's close friend. I felt awkward somehow.

I never talked to that tall classmate of mine.

All the lesson that day fueled my will to sleep carelessly in the classroom. For the first time, I had developed the need to skip an hour of history class. I wanted to chill out in a windy, fresh and empty place. Not the library. no.

Then where?

I know!

The rooftop.