SMS

Matchmaking sensation

For a couple of seconds, Krystal struggled to come up with a combination of words suitable for the reply she owed to Amber. Her eyes tend to lay on the ceiling which of course was a perfectly decent habit whenever her mind overthinks. The text shouldn't be too long or too open in an certain way; true but enveloped  with dash of curiosity-making and filled with a drop of humour. Being uptight and serious is repulsive.

All in all, she didn't forget to wait a bit to reply. An instant answer are generally considered a sign of desperation. And of course, never ever ask back.

She sighed as she closed her eyes. Krystal had broken so many rules with Amber. In the past she prohibited herself from replying a text from anyone trying to win her heart. Talking about replying a text... she even texted Amber first that one time. It was for the rumour-killing plan for god sake. The plan, remember. I had to let her know my number.... How wrong it did sound.

On second thought, I won't answer.

To AL: Yes, I'm asleep. I hope.

The text-to-be got deleted by a prideful hand as she throw her phone lightly beside her pillow. Tomorrow I won't have anything to do with Amber, she repeated in her head.

Cruelity may suit Krystal's approach and decision; making her nearly untouchable. She dwelled on how she did manage to be so shameless these past days. She was fine on her own. There's no need for anyone else to enter her comfort zone. Not even Amber.

 

On the other hand, grasping the phone tightly, Amber longed for her reply. She thought that Krystal might've opened up a little bit since they were technically under one roof for a night. A rather optimistic way of thinking. Soon, that optimism faded away as she realized that her feed back will never come. Ever. With a heavy sigh, she rolled up in her blanket and close those eyes that pleaded her to. Sleeping away her one-sided frustration. Losing away in the dreamland.

 

Morning came without a sound, gradually filled up the room with blinding rays in between curtains. Sitting up brutally, Amber woke from a shocking dream. A nightmare of drowning under water, with krystal in the other side of the water surface screaming 'cheater'.  Putting aside pillows and blankets that do not belong to her,  Amber headed to the bathroom to give herself a moment to clean herself and her mind along the way.

Meeting Krystal in this state was the last thing she wanted. A pair of dark mark beneath her eyes was undeniably hard to pass by. The aura radiated from her overall face was one that generally belong to a highly depressed teen in the edge of a suicide tentative. The sweat on her forehead indicates the harbour she had been through all night. Asides, her nightmare, the dissapointment coming from Krystal harsh treatment left her in a confusion condition. How can someone be there putting all attention on you and ignores you the next?

Suppose Krystal was being polite... Then would she have gone this far to save Amber?

Something wasn't right. It felt as if all the pieces of puzzle had no colour on any facette to even give a hint of its matching neighbour and location. I was wrong. She wasn't welcoming me, Amber concluded.

"Amber." The voice Amber have conjured herself not to hear. "Breakfast. Sooyoung unnie's down stairs calling you out." The words coming out of was kept at its least amount. Krystal was clearly trying to say less as long as the meaning is reached to the listener. Regarding the text she never got to send, nothing about it was even mentioned.

Before Amber could reply anything, Krystal wasn't even in the other side of the room's door. She's gone already.

I must've misread her intentions when she's actually indifferent of me.