The Invitation

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

 

Weeks, days, passed by and it was another busy day at the university. The school was busy with the upcoming activities they have prepared. The different clubs are busy preparing for the school fair. Ga Eul had been busy with their organizations since they will take part on the school fair, thus making Jandi free and this made Jun Pyo happy, since she has more time with her girlfriend.

The doctor decided to go to the library to return the books he borrowed yesterday. After his transaction was over, he saw a familiar figure making her way at the third shelf. He noticed the familiar red coat and red ribbon so he rushed to where the girl was standing.

Ga Eul suddenly collapsed from chest pain and dizziness she’s been feeling the whole afternoon because of her work with the club. Fortunately a strong arm caught her before hitting the floor. He carried Ga Eul and brought her to the infirmary.

She soon regained her consciousness after administering medications and oxygen to her.
She soon found out that she was lying in a familiar place again and slowly sits up.

“Anneong Dr. Lee, how did I get here?” Ga Eul spoke with a soft and confused voice.

“Ga Eul sshi, you fainted at the library, luckily I was there so I caught you and brought you here.” Dr. Lee pauses for a while, while looking at Ga Eul who was trying to remember the events earlier.

“Now tell me Ga Eul sshi, did you happen to feel the symptoms earlier? Did you took your medicines, your attack have been very recent lately.” “Have you visited Dr. Song last Friday?” He said with an inquisitive voice.

“Mianhae, Dr. Lee, I forgot my medicines at home and also I failed to come at my appointment but I promise to attend the next one.” She stated with a regretful face.

“Ok, But you must take care of yourself, and follow your treatment thoroughly. Araso?”
He paused a bit but continued with a serious look. “And Ga Eul your condition is getting worse; you should pay more attention with your treatment.” Dr. Lee said as he puts his hands in his pocket.

Ga Eul suddenly felt nervous and bit her lips. But she continued showing a brave face.

“Ga Eul, Dr. Song wanted to tell you this during your appointment, but you didn’t come. He wanted to tell you that we have found you a donor. So in ONE month you will be hospitalized.” Dr. Lee said as he pats Ga Eul’s shoulder.

“Huh? But the Dr. Song said I still have 2 to 3 more months…” Ga Eul worriedly said.
“But how about my study, my friends, my family, does that means I have to leave them?” She paused and swallowed hard. “I need time to tell them.”

“I’m sorry!” Dr. Lee said as he walks away and sat at his chair. “Try to understand Ga Eul, you need to be hospitalized soon, to prepare you for your operation and to make you comfortable with your new environment. I am sorry we cannot make amends, you need only have one month left.” Dr. Lee said softly.

“Oh, I see, I understand, does my parents know about this?” Ga Eul said with teary eyes.

“Aniyo, that’s why Dr. Song is requesting for you as soon as possible, and don’t forget to bring your parents with you.” Dr. Lee stated. “And by the way, if you have any unfinished business, do it now, you only have one month left. So better enjoy but don’t over stress yourself, you still need to rest, okay?” Dr. Lee said with a supportive attitude.

“Araso, I have to go now, I’ll be late for class. Kamsahamnida Dr. Lee for everything.” Ga Eul bowed down and went to her classroom.

The rest of the day was still busy with the different preparations and the classes were still ongoing. The F4 were spending their whole afternoon at their special classroom. They will be also participating at the school fair in behalf of the famous potter. They will showcase his ceramics and pots in a mini exhibit at the school and this keeps Yi Jung busy lately.

After that the bell rang, all the students rushed to the school gates to bid goodbye to the F4, but Yi Jung was not there, just the F3. When they were gone, the students started to desert the school as well.

“Jandi ah, I forgot something, please go ahead without me.” Ga Eul said with a straight-forward face to Jandi. “Um… sure, later.” Jandi said astonished.

Ga Eul went back to the class room to get her book which she forgot. On her way to the school gate, she saw some flock of girls screaming while looking at the tree house, and then she became curious and decided to look at them.

“Ah, Yi Jung sunbae, you’re so sly, come on let’s have some tea.” One of the girls shouted. “Yeah sunbae, just a tea, even just for a while.” The other girl shouted.

“Oh, girls, I am busy at this moment. But could you wait for me. I’ll just clean myself first, I’ve got clay in my hands.” Yi Jung said while showing his hands.

The girls all giggled as they wait for the Casanova. Yi Jung was about to turn around when he suddenly heard a voice.

“Sunbae, can you go out with me?” Someone said outside from the flock of girls.

“Huh? Who said that?” The girls asked while looking around.

“Oh, an elite student?” One of the girls said while raising an eyebrow.

“Hey, wait, that’s robot!” The girl with a sunglass said to the others.

Ga Eul was so nervous but kept a calm mood. She soon walked her way from the crowd and went to the tree house. She waited for the Casanova to come down from his tree house.

“Sunbae, ahm…. Can you go out with me for a month? “Ga Eul said as she looked at her nervous and cold hands. She then let out a sigh and waited for Yi Jung’s answer.

With awe and surprise for this lady’s straightforwardness, “Ha, for a month?”This is all what Yi Jung said out of shock.

“Yes sunbae, because I’m afraid I’ll be leaving soon.” Ga Eul said still looking at her hands. Somehow this is the most perfect view for her right now.

“Why would you go out with me?” Still with astonishment written on his face as he tries to decipher what the young lady is talking about.

“Because you are one of the most popular guys in the school… You’re F4’s famous Casanova.” Ga Eul answered straightforwardly as he looked at the beautiful eyes of Yi Jung.

Ever since Ga Eul had learned about her condition, she started to feel insecure and inferior about herself. She had thought once that she will live her life to the fullest. The voice of the Dr. Lee kept replaying on her mind… She only have ONE month… that’s why she mustered up all her courage to ask Yi Jung out.

She decided she would check out new things and try new experience. True enough she started joining different clubs in her school. She even tried out her previous desires. She took a shot at photography which was her childhood dream; also this is to keep her busy since she no longer work at the porridge shop.

Ga Eul also attempted to become a mother when she accepted babysitting her neighbor’s son, but also this was a stressing situation, that’s why her mother and Jandi, did the job. But she was there to help out by handing over diapers and prepared milk. She found this very enjoyable.

She was also there for Jandi, throughout the Jun Pyo – Jandi – Ji Hoo fiasco, so she wondered how her friend felt now that she had found love. She want to try and know how it feels. She wants to experience LOVE.

Ga Eul felt uneasy but remained still while looking at Yi Jung. She waited for Yi Jung’s answer to her proposition. Now Ga Eul started to question herself if what she has done is right. But there is no turning back right now. Not at this moment. So she just maintained her composure and patiently waited for the Casanova’s answer.