One step closer to Home…

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

Stockholm, Sweden

 

Stockholm Arts Museum had been busy preparing for the last leg of the most sought after exhibit. This would be his final week in Sweden before his most anticipated homecoming. So Yi Jung, had personally visited the biggest museum in Europe, for its last minute preparation. He requested for his organizer to fix everything since this will be his farewell exhibit, as he diligently thought so.

 

“Mr. John, thank you for organizing my exhibit, you’ve done a great job.” Yi Jung stated with a charming smile.

 

“It’s my pleasure working with you Mr. So, you’re ideas are refreshing.” He grinned while shaking hands with the potter prodigy.

 

“By the way have you sent all the invitations, the guests, the media, and my professor as well?” Yi Jung asked in a serious tone.

 

“Yes, Mr. So, everything is settled all the guests have responded that they’re coming. You’re professor also committed to attend. He’s one sort of a proud teacher. And as for the media, they have been informed. In fact, the others have been camping outside the museum already. And also, I sent an invitation to Arts Finest… the international Arts magazine, they said that they’ll send one of their best art photographer in your exhibit.” Mr. John responded with a huge grin plastered on his face.

 

“Thank you Mr. John, I know I can count on you.” Yi Jung bowed to him and bid farewell. He quickly got into his car to avoid the ever growing fan girls he had in Sweden. He smiled once again as he remembered their conversation inside.

 

The mere mention of Arts Finest, would be immediately associated to the one girl who held his heart. He happened to read one of the magazines, whose subject was one of his favorite potters. He noticed the familiar style of how the photo was captured. His heart suddenly became erratic. He then gazed at the initials in the picture. By this time, Yi Jeong’s heart doubled up in anticipation. He knew instantly that this was his Ga Eul yang.

 

This flashback has caused a light mood to an exhausted Yi Jung. His smile grew wider upon hearing from his best friends that she will be heading home anytime. He was also informed about Jandi and Jun Pyo’s engagement, therefore the possibility of his lady love to come home was of greater chance. With that in thought, he drove his car to his humble abode, while whispering to the warm air hoping the message would be sent across.

 

 

Till we meet again sweetheart. I miss you so much.”

 

 

 

 

 

Seoul, Korea

 

It’s been a week since Ga Eul arrived from New York. She had informed Jandi once the plane landed on Korea. She stayed at her house that morning and was greeted by an enthusiastic Jandi along with Woo Bin and Ji Hoo later that afternoon. She was so happy to see her old friends. They ate at a fancy restaurant where they brief each other about their life and their careers. The guys were equally shocked when they learned that she was the famous photographer of an arts magazine. It never occurred to them that the initials GE on the magazines and on some prized photos would be their own Ga Eul. They were busy telling each others stories about their life and career. But the dinner’s highlight would be Jandi and Jun Pyo’s engagement.

 

“I am so happy, you came home for my engagement, Ga Eul ah.” Jandi stated with a grin from ear to ear.

 

“De, How can I miss my bestfriend’s wedding. You specifically stated that the wedding would take place a week after the engagement party. So I don’t want to miss the fun.” Ga Eul responded on a happy tone.

 

“And it’s nice to see you again Ga Eul. Besides Jun Pyo is in a hurry to tie Jandi down.” Woo Bin interrupted while engaging in a humorous laugh in which the three warmly engaged. Jandi slightly slapped him on the arms.

 

“Yes, It feels good to be home.” Ga Eul responded after the laughter had died down. “And Jandi ah, I would be your personal photographer on your engagement party and don’t refuse, I want to make a scrapbook for your wedding, araso?” Ga Eul exclaimed in an excited tone, to which Jandi responded with a nod and enveloped her in a warm hug.

 

Ji Hoo keeps on observing them and smiled on how lucky his best friends are for having been loved by these two adorable women. He smiled contentedly while shaking his head, while praying to God that his brothers would come home soon.

 

 

 

Since that dinner, Ga Eul had been meeting them every other day for the preparation of her best friend engagement party. They would coordinate with the organizer once in a while. Until Jun Pyo arrived, Ga Eul had provided space for the couple to be with each other. In the mean time, her job had kept her busy too. She was surprised one day while receiving her assignment. She was called by the head office to accomplish an important job.

 

 

“Ms. Chu, I hope you understand that this is a very important person. Your personal skills are needed to cover our subject. We had already requested his staff about this. All you have to do is to interview him and make a scoop about his homecoming. The head office couldn’t entrust this to your juniors. I know you got what I mean.” The representative eof the magazine administrator instructed.

 

“Yes, I will personally handle this.” Ga Eul responded and bowed on her superior as a sign of respect.

 

“Thank you so much. By the way, they said that he would arrive sooner. He would be attending your friends’ engagement party as well. That’s great. At least you can arrange the interview sooner. We are hoping for a great issue again Ms. Chu.” She stated while offering her hand for a handshake.

 

 

That’s when she first heard that, he would be coming home. She had been contemplating before she heads home, that, she would be seeing him on Jandi’s engagement. She prepared herself for this moment, but the anxiety and excitement had been eating her up. And when Jandi confirmed that he already booked his flight for today’s party, she was more beyond anxious. She had occupied herself with everything she knows to distract her but everything seems to be associated with him. She sighed once more and checked on her clock. She started to prepare for her bestfriend happy ending. Jun Pyo had kindly offered her a chauffer to bring her to the Shinwa Hotel, where the most awaited event would take place. She was so happy about how the bickering couple had managed to stay strong. She smiled at the thought. A strong cough has awakened her from her trance.

 

“Ahhm, Ms. Chu Ga Eul sshi, were here. Master Jun Pyo, has instructed us to drop you by the back, so you can see, the Mistress immediately.” The driver stated after opening her door. He bowed on her and motions her to the elevator.

 

“De, Kamsahamnida ahjusshi.” Ga Eul stated in a friendly manner. She went to the elevator and went to Jandi’s room. She gently knocked and was greeted by a familiar warm arm.

 

 

“There, I thought you would not come early. By the way, you look so gorgeous, Ga Eul ah.” Jandi expressed in an amused tone.

 

“Kerum, I know I’m also excited as you are. Imagine that a weed like you would marry an arrogant Shinwa heir.” Ga Eul chuckled lightly.

 

“Yah, I thought you’re my bestfriend. But seriously, I was beginning to worry that you would abandon me for your work. You had been neglecting your duties lately.” Jandi stated with a serious face but her tone was exactly the opposite.

 

“Yah, It’s your fiance’s fault. He wants to keep you for himself. I can’t even call you sometimes. I guessed he just missed you a lot.” Ga Eul’s face went serious after her statement.

 

“Oh well, let’s keep the spirit up. Today would be OUR happy day, Ga Eul ah. Let’s not keep them waiting. It’s time to greet the guests….” Jandi stood up and smiled at her. She walked up to the door. She was about to get out when she remembered something. She turned to face her bestfriend behind.

 

“Oh, Ga Eul ah, Woo Bin sunbae said that Yi Jung sunbae had arrived. He’s on his way here right now. I’ll head out first. I’ll wait for you on the lobby. You don’t have to take pictures if you can’t. We hired an official photographer for the event. Love, I told you that this would be OUR happy day.” Jandi kissed the stunned Ga Eul before going to the Hotel’s garden room.

 

Ga Eul shook her head for a moment. She grabbed her camera with trembling hands and listened to her raucous heart. She placed her hands over her chest while clutching her dress as an attempt to calm it down, but she miserably failed. She sighed deeply and stride out to the garden but with a soft smile.

 

 

“Be still my heart. You’ll see him soon.”