THE ANSWER

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

Ga Eul asked Yi Jung if he can go out with her for a month. What will Yi Jung do? Will he accept it or not?

***

He suddenly let go one of his killer smile, “True enough, but I still can’t believe an elite student of this school would ask me out. I thought you guys only deal with books, journals, libraries and stuff. I don’t want to be rude to you, I’m sorry I can’t. My answer is NO!” He answered with sarcasm.

“Well, I wonder, what will I do with this pack of Egyptian clay soil? They said that this is rare and is used to make a beautiful tea set.” Ga Eul said expressionless, truly she had live up to her trademark name, Robot.

“Aish! No way! You have that kind of clay soil.” Yi Jung said with amazement. “My boys and I are having a hard time finding that kind of clay soil.” He said still with astonishment and disbelief.

“Ahm, Sunbae, you can have it, in exchange you have to go out with me for a month” Ga Eul said with an unreadable expression.

“Yi Jung sshi, don’t! Will get you one!” One of the girls said to Yi Jung while clinging to his arm.

“Well, yeah that’s true but… it’s right in front of me now and…” Yi Jung said with hesitation. He thought so hard, being a potter; truly, this is one of his weakness. “Hmmm, Araso but just for a month, okay?” Yi Jung said to the robot-like Ga Eul.

Ga Eul nodded and thanked Yi Jung then bid him goodbye. All the girls were surprised as evidenced by their statue like appearance and jaw dropping expression. They kept on glaring at Ga Eul and were very disappointed that she got the privilege of spending her one whole month with no less than the Casanova himself, So Yi Jung, one of the most sought after F4.

Now the F4 are only left with two bachelors Yun Ji Hoo and Song Woo Bin, since Jun Pyo and Yi Jung are on a dating status. They were very envious and can’t do anything since Yi Jung had agreed to the Robot. Ga Eul was about to leave when Yi Jung suddenly grab her hand.

“When will I get my clay soil, Miss? I’m afraid I forgot your name.” Yi Jung said with a smirk for he can feel the embarrassment of Ga Eul with her flushed cheek and tremors. Since Ga Eul was surprised by the Casanova’s action, she can’t control her breathing for it became unsteady and the sudden heat she felt on her face. Although she thought that Yi Jung won’t probably notice her blushing because she was still facing him back. She managed to deep breath and calm herself but the mere shaking of her hand was a giveaway signal for Yi Jung that she was surprised and this has sent a bigger grin on the Casanova.

With a grunting sound she responded, “Ah… a-ahm… I am Chu Ga Eul… I will just send it to your studio after one month, Mianhae Sunbae, I really have to go, Jandi is waiting for me.” With that, she hastily pulled her hand, faced her senior and bowed down before speeding off.

Yi Jung just smiled and shook his head from the country bumpkin’s reaction. But somehow his hand felt empty once Ga Eul released her hand. He suddenly felt the warmth escaping and was replaced with the cold wind blowing. He kept on staring at his hand that was holding Ga Eul’s hand a moment ago; he even thought of how soft Ga Eul’s hand was. But his reverie was soon distracted by the girls who were surrounding him. He then shook his head and happily entertained the girls and went to the club with them.

While on the other hand, Ga Eul was still breathing hard for she was trying to get out from his sight. She could not bear to think how embarrassed she was a while ago. She then leaned on the wall as to steady her weak knees. She touched her chest in order to stabilize her stupid heart for she feared it might pop out anytime soon. However this was not the usual attack she was experiencing, she is feeling somewhat happy about it. She then wondered if this is what they called LOVE.

“Ga Eul, You pabo, pabo, pabo! What are you thinking? What have you done? You should have asked somebody else. Why did you choose that player? Is this what you really want?” She mentally scolded herself after hitting it carefully with her fist. “Well, might as well go with it, after all you want to experience it all, anyway it’s just for a month.” She once again told herself while making her way to the porridge shop. She had promised Jandi and the master for a visit since she had been busy at the university and failed to spend time with them.

“What, you’re going out with Yi Jung sunbae?” Jandi screams as the customers stopped eating and looked at the two friends at the counter. Ga Eul kept bowing down as a sign of apology to every customer on the shop. Then the owner came out and apologized to the customers as well and quarreled with Jandi.

“Okay, I got it, I got it!” Jandi said to the shop’s owner. “Oh and who’s Yi Jung, is he handsome? Rich? Smart? What?” the shop’s owner asked continuously to Ga Eul and Jandi as she pulled them to the kitchen to have a private talk.

“Well, he’s a member of the F4, the richest kid in our school.” Jandi answered with a
Sigh. “Yes, he’s smart too and handsome, that’s why he’s the Casanova of the F4.” Jandi added. “He’s even talented; he was the so called protégée of Pottery, So Yi Jung.” Jandi continued enumerating the list of traits she could think.

They all contemplated about Jandi’s list and then the silence was broken again as Jandi spoke, “But Ga Eul, he’s a player! A player, I say!” Jandi said as she turns around to Ga Eul in a persuasive look.

“Well, yes… I know… But if I’m going out, I would like to go out with a handsome prince” Ga Eul exclaimed to Jandi which gain a raised eyebrow from her best friend.

“Ha… can’t be helped then. Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you Ga Eul.” Jandi stated while nodding her head in frustration.

“Araso, Kamsahamnida Jandi ah, don’t worry about me, I just want to try new things. Just support me with this one.” Ga Eul said with puppy eyes with pleading voice.

“Are you ready for the consequences then? I mean, he’s not only a chaebol who loves to mess with women. He even has expiration date for woman together with Don Juan, you know ONE week. But how did you manage to let him agree on a one month date with you?” Jandi said to Ga Eul with a worried face and a bit of curiosity.

Ga Eul explained to Jandi what transpired at school and how she bribed Yi Jung for his one month date. She explained to her how she was able to pull off this very nerve wracking event.

The time passes by, the shop closes down and they went home, suddenly Ga Eul collapsed and was brought to the hospital. As soon as they reach the hospital Ga Eul attended by Dr. Song. He then asked for Ga Eul’s parents, who came just in time since Jandi called them after her best friend collapses. Dr. Song had told them the news about Ga Eul’s treatment and how soon she needed to be hospitalized in order to be prepared for her upcoming operation. After some time Ga Eul woke up after fainting.

“Kwenchana? Ga Eul ah, the doctor said you just got tired. You must not stress yourself too much.” Jandi said with worry seen all over her face while holding Ga Eul’s hand.

“I’m okay Jandi, I just got excited about my plan. You know I only have a month to accomplish things. I’m sure Dr. Song had told you already about my transplant. Well, that is why I want to experience things I’ve never had before.” Ga Eul said lowly and with a faint smile.

“I’m sorry for making your life so hard.” Jandi said with an enlightened face for knowing the real intention of Ga Eul. “But why didn’t you tell me about this? Jandi suddenly blurted out for she was feeling guilty again for not knowing substantial information about her friends’ condition.

“Mianhae Jandi, I just learned it a while ago from Dr. Lee, even my parents aren’t aware about it. But I saw them a moment ago and now I know they knew it already. Sorry for making you worry all the time.” Ga Eul said with teary eyes. She was in the verge of crying when Jandi hugged her tightly. That’s the sign when Ga Eul broke down. She cried her heart out and told her long time friend bout her fears, about her worries that the operation might not be successful and might not make it. She poured out all her anxieties. She cried to Jandi while her parents were behind the door feeling helpless about their precious daughter condition.

“Ssshhh. Ga Eul ah, don’t say that, you are a strong person. You can make it. There are lots of person who lived normal after a transplant. Stop being a pessimistic.” Jandi said trying to calm her friend.

“Besides let’s now focus about the remaining month you have to stay here. You said you want to live your life to the fullest. Hmm, a date with Yi Jung sunbae for a month is not a bad idea after all.” Jandi said after facing Ga Eul and winked at her. She tried to hide all her worries for her friend and masked a brave face to cheer and support her.

“Uhm, Jandi please don’t tell anyone about my health issues especially to Yi Jung sunbae. You are not allowed to dispatch any information concerning my health status to anyone, not even your boyfriend, okay?” Ga Eul pleaded to Jandi with a smile.

“Araso, I promise.” Jandi smile and raise her little finger to Ga Eul as a sign of their promise. They smiled and giggled at each other as if nothing had happened.