Discovering

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

He can feel the cool breeze touch his face. This place clearly is the favorite spot of the Casanova. He feels relaxed whenever he sits on his tree house. He loves to see the busy students walking around just like active ants working their way towards their hill.

“Ah, Yi Jung, what will you do to your next pot?” he said silently as he continued looking at the students and fan girls walking below his tree house. Out of nowhere, Casanova’s eyes were glued to a single girl making her way fast to the library, her long hair tied neatly and her thick eyeglasses covering her eyes. She was not that attractive, yet the Casanova, So Yi Jung, can’t seem to remove his gaze from her.

“Yi Jung sshi, would you like to come with us to the club?” One of the girls with heavy make up called.

“Ya, of course I do, I’ll be down there in a second.” He said while he wore his tux carefully.

“Ha, we thought you’ll just stay up there forever… we haven’t seen you in the club lately.” One of the girls said with seductive looks on Yi Jung.

“Mianhae girls, you know I was just too busy, my exhibit will be due next week and I have to finish my pots then. But don’t worry I’ll make up for those time. Kaja!” Yi Jung said as he winked on them while giving them his killer smile.

All the girls giggled and followed Yi Jung. They all have been excited since the Casanova, the biggest player in town is free for tonight, and he had been missing for 2 days in the limelight. So they all rushed to his side and started to flirt with him. But his eyes seem to have a mind on its own, he stole a glance again in an attempt to look for the person he was looking before, but found no one. So he just smiled at his silliness and walked fast towards his car.

“Anneong haseyo Miss Park, I came to return the books, I borrowed three days ago.” Ga Eul said politely to the librarian.

“Oh, Ms. Ga Eul, you really are a fast reader, well I recommend another book, it’s very interesting. Look at aisle 2, column 4, number 356. Check it out.” The woman said positively.

“Thank you, Miss Park. I’ll definitely look at it.” She said as she bowed down to her and rushed to the said place. As soon as she reaches it, she suddenly felt chest pain and started to feel dizzy. Before she knew it, she fell flat on the floor and became unconscious. The student had gathered around and started shaking her to wake her up. They failed and the librarian ordered a male student to bring her to the clinic.

After one hour of being unconscious, Ga Eul woke up and realizes she was staying on an unfamiliar place “Anneong haseyo, I am Dr. Lee Sang Woo, I am the school doctor.” He said politely to the pale Ga Eul inside the infirmary “Ms. Chu Ga Eul, kwenchana? Feeling better?” the doctor said politely while sitting beside her.

“Mianhae, but can I ask where am I? She said while trying to sit down but failed and fell back on the bed again.

“You’re still weak; you should rest first to regain your strength. What do you think happened back there?” The doctor questioned Ga Eul to obtain necessary data.

Ga Eul tries to recall the earlier scene, “Ahmmm, I went to return my books to the library and suddenly I felt dizzy and I felt a heavy load on my chest, then it all went black, and before I knew it, I was lying here.”

The doctor thought hard and interrogates her further regarding her health condition and health habits. Ga Eul gladly answered every question and then she added, “I just didn’t take my breakfast that’s why I felt dizzy.”

“I suggest you should undergo further evaluation so I’m sending you to the hospital and don’t worry about your class, I already informed your teachers.” The doctor said seriously.

“Kamsahamida, I will do as you wish. Sorry for all the troubles I caused.” Ga Eul said with a low voice to the doctor.

The ride was full of giggles and busy girls who are competing for Yi Jung’s attention. After 20 minutes drive, they arrived on their favorite place, the Laniege Club. They all rushed to one of the VIP rooms, were apparently Don Juan of F4 was staying. “Yo, my man, it’s good to see you!” Woo Bin said with a smirk on his face.

“Why? Did I miss a lot?” Yi Jung said playfully to Woo Bin. The night was filled with a lot of drinking and dancing. Different fan girls rushed to the F2 to have their share of fun. They all went wild and crazy until all of them become intoxicated.

Ga Eul found herself on the hospital, she kept debating on herself whether she would come or not, she stands firmly that not having breakfast was the cause of all of this. She went to the room Dr. Lee gave her. “Anneong haseyo, My name is Chu Ga Eul, I was sent here by Dr. Lee of Shinwa High” She said politely to the elder doctor.

“Ah yes, Dr. Lee said you were coming, by the way, I am Dr. Song Hil Dong.” The doctor said with a smile to relax the nervous Ga Eul. “Well Dr. Lee have given me your data, and relayed to me what happened in your school, by any chance have you experienced this before.” The doctor continued to ask Ga Eul.

“Ahm, come to think of it, whenever I get tired, I feel like I have a heavy load on my chest and like its tightening. I also feel I cannot breath, at times I feel dizzy and lately I have been fainting more often.” Ga Eul declared realizing her situation.

“Oh my, is my health compromised? Is this that serious? Tell me Dr. Song?” Ga Eul suddenly blurted as panic began to rise.

“Listen child, I need you to relax, breathe deeply for me. That’s it, inhale and exhale. Okay, I actually have the idea of what your problem was, but then we need to confirm it. So every now and then I want you to visit me here in the hospital so we can perform necessary test in order to determine the problem.” The doctor said calmly.

“For now I want you to fill this up and we can start the test today.” The doctor added. Then Ga Eul nodded to agree. She went to the laboratory to have her blood extracted and went to the radiology department as the doctor ordered her.

“Ms. Ga Eul ah, for now you have to take the rest of your day off. You need to relax and go home. I’ll call you and Dr. Lee for the results, okay?” The doctor said to the girl in front of him.

After few days, Ga Eul was requested at the infirmary.

“Anneong Ga Eul ssi, how are you feeling today?” Dr. Lee spoke to Ga Eul with a smile.

“I’m fine Dr. Lee. Are you calling me because the results were released?” She mentioned blankly as she stares out in space.

“Ahm, yes my child, Dr. Song has sent me the copy of your results yesterday, I’ve been trying to summoned you few days ago, to tell you about it, but I can’t seem to find you.”

“Dr. Lee, I prefer you tell me straight to the point, I am sorry if I didn’t come when you called me, but now I am ready.” She said coldly.

Dr. Lee relayed the test to Ga Eul. She was shocked and was taken back. You can see how startled and watery those eyes went but she still remained composed.

“Ga Eul ssi, I remind you to take a rest often, you are not allowed to become stressed, as this may worsen your condition. And by the way don’t forget our appointment with Dr. Song on Friday. You still need series of test, is that fine with you?” He said worriedly.
“Yes Dr. Lee, araso, I’ll be going then. See you around.” She bowed down to the school doctor and made her way to the classroom.

“Ya, Ga Eul ah, what happened I heard you were called at the infirmary, is everything alright? You look unhappy.” Jandi asked nervously as she tries to bring Ga Eul back to reality.

“Ah” Ga Eul gasped “yeah I’m fine, don’t worry, okay? Let’s go” Ga Eul said with a force smile on her face. Jandi notices a piece of paper from her best friend’s hands.

“What’s that Ga Eul ah?” As she points out to the paper on Ga Eul’s hand.

“Ah… This one… no-no…thing, it’s just a paper given by Dr. Lee for me to fill up, you know for my record.” She said nervously and with a force smile.

Jandi tries to calm herself for being worried for Ga Eul, because she knew that Ga Eul is hiding something, “mmm, let’s go.”

The day went well and they all went home. But Jandi is still worried over her friend Ga Eul. She now notices how pale, dull and pathetic her friend has become. She had never seen her in this state. It’s as if her cheerful and fun loving best friend was replaced by a robot, well she mean literally. She knows deep in her heart something was wrong and she is bound to know that.

Ga Eul on the other hand, was really anxious and worried about her health condition. She kept touching her chest and her heart. Whenever she keeps staring on her results, her hands began to tremble and tears threaten to fall any moment. This has been the scenario inside her room immediately after she arrived from school. Her mother has been calling her for hours asking her if she was fine.

She was not like this, whenever she returns home, she will happily tell her mother regarding her day at school and keep pestering her father about anything she can see or think of. She continued to cry under her pillow and got tired, she soon found herself in a deep slumber.