Red Ribbon

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

 

Ga Eul and Jandi have been spending a lot of time together lately, with that Jun Pyo and Jandi have been fighting a lot. Ga Eul had joined different clubs and organization as to achieve her new motto which is to live life to the fullest. In fact, she even excels in their class and is considered to be one of the brightest students.

Ga Eul kept thinking on what she will do since everyday she is getting weaker. She entered the classroom and soon enough her mind drifted on its own.

“Hey, robot what are you looking at?” one of her classmates asked. Then all of her classmates called her “ROBOT” until the end of the day, while Jandi tries to stop them from calling her robot today, and the next day, and the next day, and the following days…

“Ga Eul ah, why are you allowing them to call you robot?” Jandi asked to the emotionless Ga Eul. “Just let them be they will grew tired of it.” Ga Eul answered with a serious face.

From then on, she was always called robot and was pestered by her classmates from time to time. But being the renewed Ga Eul, she doesn’t want to be stressed by them so she just brushed off the insult. Everyday she just establishes goals on what she will accomplish instead.

One day she was summoned by Doctor Lee to the infirmary. So she walked towards the hall and noticed a group of girls standing below the tree house.

“Yi Jung sshi, would you like to come with us tonight?” A girl said while throwing him her most seductive smile.

“Sure, but I have to do some pots first, I hope you understand ladies?” He said while touching the girls chin and giving the others his sweet smile.

All the girls were mesmerized and giggled with his flirtatious action. He then waved at them and went up to his favorite spot. As soon as he reached the top he saw a girl in the hallway with thick eyeglasses starring at the tree house. She was like frozen for a minute and then the girl suddenly moved and walked its way to her destination. He shook his head and turned toward his work station. He heaved a sigh, smiled, and suddenly started molding the clay as if a sudden inspiration had hit him to start his work. He continued molding the clay and soon enough beautiful vases and pots were created.

After Ga Eul thanked the doctor, she walked back to the school quadrangle. She kept wandering until she sat under the tree for a shade and to cool off for a bit. She was soon caught in deep trance trying to recall the earlier events.

“Anneong Ga Eul, how have you been?” Dr. Lee said while offering her a seat.

“Anneong, Dr. Lee, I heard you are looking for me? What seems to be the matter?” She said worriedly.

“Ahm, Ga Eul ah, I’m sure that Dr. Song had mentioned to you before about a certain treatment. Ahm… you’re aware that it’s a bit advance with your case and I mean, a possibility of a transplant was opened right.” He said stuttering.

“Just tell me straight Dr. Lee.” Ga Eul said with a serious face.

“Well, we still need to find a perfect match or a donor for you. As for now, there is nothing available yet. But if incase, one day we found one, we still need to check if it’s a good match and avoid any possibility of rejections, I hope you understand… But for now all we can do is wait. But you need to be strong and have faith so we can find soon.” Dr. Lee explained carefully.

“Araso, Dr. Lee, I’ll try my best to be strong. I’ll keep fighting on. Thank you for your help.” She said seriously.

“And by the way before I forget, you need to be hospitalized prior to the transplant. We need to make sure that you’re ready for the procedure. Check-ups, laboratory works are needed to be done prior to the surgery. So if you need to accomplish anything do it pretty soon but don’t over exert yourself. Do you understand?” Dr. Lee continued explaining with a dreary look.

“I understand Dr. Lee, but when will I be hospitalized?” Ga Eul asked wearisome.

Ga Eul can’t continue thinking anymore, soon enough she started crying and soon panting. She sat at the tallest tree in Shinwa and then suddenly someone shouted from above. Ga Eul stared at the tall tree to look for the person who shouted at her. She was surprised to see that there is still a student staying at the school.

“Anneong haseyo, I’m So Yi Jung, what’s your name?” He said with a smile while going down the tree house. “Now may I ask why are you crying my dear princess?” Yi Jung added.

Ga Eul astonished with Yi Jung’s smile and said, “I…. I’m Chu… Chu Ga Eul, mianhae about your other question…” She muttered with a tense and hoarse voice from crying.

“Ha… don’t worry its okay if you don’t answer it, I’m sure there is a reason for why you don’t want to say it...besides, I’m not on the right position to ask…ha-ha” Yi Jung said and smiles confidently. Ga Eul was surprised at first and took a deep breath and said, “Kamsahamida, sunbae.”

After that, Yi Jung took out his hand and gave Ga Eul a red ribbon, and said “here, you can have this, I like the color of it, ha-ha, well then, later” Yi Jung said while giving the ribbon.. Ga Eul used it to tie her hair up and left the tree as soon as Yi Jung disappeared and went back to the tree house.

“So Yi Jung, have I heard that name before? Where and when? I wonder, I knew I saw his face before, but where? Mmmm…” Ga Eul thought deeply while on her way to the shop, she had promised Jandi and their Master to visit them after their class.

At the Porridge Shop…

“Ga Eul ah, what took you so long, you said you’re just going to thanked Dr. Lee, do you know how long I have to wait for you while listening to him with all his chitchats.” Jandi said pointing to the shop’s owner.

“I heard that!” shouted the shop’s owner to Jandi. Then both girls laughed together enjoying their master’s weird faces.

“Mianhae Jandi, I’m really sorry, please forgive me.” Ga Eul said with a puppy-eyed look on her face.

Jandi smiles and said, “Sure, since you’re this cute, ha-ha. How can I resist…” Then they started laughing again. Ga Eul is really a jolly person and whenever she is around her close friends she will show this personality. But then when she is at school she becomes the robot whom the school loves to fool around.

The next day at school, Jandi and Ga Eul walks through the hallway, while holding hands. “Oi, oi, isn’t that Geum Jandi?!” Woo Bin said to Yi Jung while staring at Jandi from the second floor cafeteria.

“Oh, yeah, you’re right about that! But I thought he is with Jun Pyo… then how come…?” Yi Jung answered as he looks at Jandi’s face. All of a sudden someone cuts in the conversation.

“Where is she?” Jun Pyo said as he walks behind the two. “Whoa, don’t scare us like that” Woo bin and Yi Jung said with a shocked face.

“Ha! You’re just like a bunch of kitty cats!” Jun Pyo said teasingly. “Aish! Who wouldn’t be surprised if someone suddenly, pops out from nowhere? Ha! Ha… ha!” Woo Bin said.

“Ah, that’s easy, it’s me… hahaha” Jun Pyo said laughing. Then suddenly, “Really?!” someone said from the back of Jun Pyo. “Wwwaaahhhh!!!!” Jun Pyo shouted while holding his chest out of surprise. Then everyone looked behind and saw Ji Hoo.

“Hey” Ji Hoo said as he smiles at them. Then Woo Bin and Yi Jung started to laugh at Jun Pyo and said, “Ha, who’s the scary cat now, ha?” as they continue to laugh.

“Aish! So what? Anyway where is that girl?” Jun Pyo said with an arrogant face. “She’s gone! They left already.” Yi Jung said as he looks out the school cafeteria’s window.

“What! She’s with a guy? I swear if I saw that guy, I’ll wipe his face out.” Jun Pyo shouted annoyingly. “

Yi Jung looked at Woo Bin and laugh at their friend silliness. “I never said that she’d with a guy. Pabo!” Yi Jung stated with a small smile. “Yes she’s with robot!” Woo Bin added confidently.

“Robot?” Yi Jung thought to himself and was curious why they labeled that girl with peculiar name. And as if Woo Bin had read Yi Jung’s mind, suddenly replied, “Yah, robot, that weird, nerd, pathetic Jandi’s best friend. You know her right?” Woo Bin said looking to Jun Pyo.

“Don’t worry guys even animals can make the mighty Go Jun Pyo furious with jealousy when it comes to Jandi. That is why he even deserted me as his friend.” Ji Hoo said while nudging Jun Pyo and smiling annoyingly at him.

“Yah, Pabo, and I’m willing to do that again, if you come in between us! I swear I can make your life miserable.” Jun Pyo said with an irritated face.

“Yo, yo, yo, chill my bro.” Woo Bin mediated and soon everyone started laughing.

“Jandi, wait up, why are you walking so fast?” Ga Eul said as she tries to catch up to Jandi. “Eh…. Ummm, well I saw Jun Pyo a while ago… I’m sorry, Are you okay? We should sit here first your panting, I’m really sorry Ga Eul” Jandi explained to Ga Eul and soon curves on her forehead appeared, she soon realized Ga Eul got tired because she was trying to catch up with her. She became anxious and afraid that Ga Eul might faint again.

“Ha, why are you so worried, I’m okay. I’m not dying anytime soon.” Ga Eul said in between her breaths as she suddenly stops. Jandi glared at her and said “ Pabo, what are you talking about, stop that nonsense, I won’t allow you to say that again.” Jandi said with an angry voice.

“I’m sorry… Well can I ask you something, are you avoiding Jun Pyo sunbae again?” Ga Eul asked curiously.

Jandi, with a curious thought, smiles at Ga Eul, saying, “Well I’m not in the mood for any bickering that is why I don’t want to see him now.” They soon left and proceeded to their classroom.

At the classroom door, Ga Eul suddenly felt chest pain and feeling quite dizzy because of exhaustion. “Hmmm, it’s starting again, I think?!” Ga Eul thought.

“Ms Chu Ga Eul, are you alright?” the teacher asked Ga Eul who looks pale at that time. She started to do breathing exercises. “Mmm” Ga Eul said as she nodded her head. “Well then, please take your seats and let’s begin our lessons…” the professor said as she walks towards the board on the front.

After the class ended, the school bell rings as the student went to the cafeteria to see the F4. The girls are screaming and boys shouting “F4” repeatedly. Jandi and Ga Eul went under the tree in the school quadrangle, to eat their Lunch boxes and share food together.

Suddenly, they both realize that someone’s watching them from afar. “Ummm, Jandi do you feel like there is someone who’s watching us.” Ga Eul muttered to Jandi while looking around. “Mmm, there is.” Jandi answered as she suddenly gazed at the school cafeteria where all the students gather around.