Ga Eul’s Turn

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

Loud noises along with laughter, cheers and invitations occupied the famous Shinwa University. Today was the opening of their school fair. Everybody seems to be in high spirits and is waiting for the different activities to unfold.

 

Ga Eul was busy waiting for the bus. This had been her routine since she studied in Shinwa. She patiently waited for the vehicle that would bring her to the school. She was so excited to meet Jandi to put their beloved project in action during the fair. She was busy with her trance when a familiar orange sports car stopped in front of her, thus jerking her from her trance. When the passenger alighted, she immediately stood up and bowed down to show respect.

 

“Yi… Yi Jung… sunbae.” Obviously she was caught surprise by the sudden appearance of the Casanova. “Wha-… What are you… doing here?” She again mentioned with a surprise expression.

 

“Why Ga Eul yang, are you that unhappy to see me?” He stated with a teasing tone and a fake sad face.

 

“A-a-aniyo sunbae. I mean, this route is much longer to take if you want to arrive at school early.” She stated in a low and harsh voice that surely indicates of her shyness and nervousness. However, her cheeks are now giving a crimson hue out of embarrassment. This of course didn’t escape the eyes of our Casanova.

 

"Uhm, since were… kind a… dating. I must at least give you a ride to school. You know, I, being a gentleman, should give you the best treatment you deserve.” Yi Jung stated with a smirk.

 

“Thank you, So Yi Jung sunbae, but I can take the bus. This had been my daily routine. I think I can manage.” Ga Eul expressed with a blank expression after recovering from her embarrassment.

 

“I’ll take that as an insult. Well, what would others think? That I, SO YI JUNG, am neglecting my date and allowing her to just ride the bus. Oh come on Ga Eul yang, just for a month, I can be your driver besides you can arrive at school in an earlier time.” He stated with a pleading tone and puppy eyes.

 

She thought hard. Indeed Yi Jung has a point. She then smiled and bowed down to Yi Jung. He motioned her to the passenger seat, which he quickly opened for her and closed behind once she was settled. He walked to his seat and drove the car to Shinwa. When they arrived, all the students were waiting for him in hopes of catching the Casanova’s attention. He alighted himself out of his sports car and opened the other door to assist the other passenger. This gained loud ohs and death glares coming from fan girls. But upon seeing her natural beauty, the glares were turned into enviousness and guys were also captivated by the young lady beside the famous potter. Now, Ga Eul became conscious and started fidgeting her fingers which Yi Jung didn’t fail to notice. He grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers. He leaned over to Ga Eul whispering words that seems like music in her ears.

 

“Relax, Ga Eul yang, just smile… Smile for me, will you?” He expressed in hopes of seeing her smile. The truth is, he found her cute and more beautiful when she smiles. After hearing those words, Ga Eul lips immediately broke into a mesmerizing grin, leaving all the guys stunned and drooling. Yi Jung was also happy to see her smile again.

 

“See, you look more beautiful when you smile. You should do that more often. Kaja!” He stated while dragging her to the F4 lounge. This again gained curios stares among the students and jealous looks from the fan girls of the famous potter.

 

 

“Woah!!!, Who’s that gorgeous lady with young master Yi Jung? She’s really good looking. They are a perfect match.” A guy stated to his friends.

 

 

“I think she’s a transferee, I haven’t seen her around.” A female student expressed with enviousness and jealousy to her group.

 

 

“Wait, did you see that? She’s with Jandi also. Is that ROBOT? That’s impossible. That woman is so beautiful.” Another student stated with shocked expression when she heard Jandi calling out Ga Eul once they are at the entrance of the lounge.

 

“Yeah, I heard that too! It’s really ROBOT, that’s impossible. How did she manage to?” Another student stated. The entire remaining students at the fair were surprised by the sudden transformation of Ga Eul. All the girls were left wondering and became more envious of her. On the other hand, the boys were smitten by her beauty.

 

 

 

The fair was happily held at the school’s quadrangle. The F3 were busy hanging around their lounge. Ji Hoo is busy with his guitar. While both Jun Pyo and Woo Bin is busy playing their video games. The girls were busy with their booth as they partake in the school fair. Ga Eul excused herself to Jandi. She went straight to the tree house to see Yi Jung for she knows that the later was still busy for his upcoming exhibit.

 

At the tree house, Yi Jung was busy doing his pots. He had taken a break and went out in order to relax. He felt the wind blowing on his face. He smiled as he inhaled the air he needed. When he opened his eyes, he saw a familiar figure coming towards his tree house. A genuine curve on his lips was flashed in an instant. He wiped his hands and cleansed himself before heading down.

 

“Ga Eul yang, what brought you here? Aren’t you supposed to be manning your booth?” Yi Jung said with a smirk. He then tucked the hair that covers the face of Ga Eul behind her ears.

 

“Aniyo sunbae. It’s okay, Jandi’s there to look after the booth. I thought you’ll be hungry, so I brought you lunch.” She presented the packed lunch she prepared earlier.

 

“Really? Home cooked? Did you make this yourself?” He asked Ga Eul with so much enthusiasm and excitement like a child.

 

“Yes sunbae, I prepared all of those for you. Go eat. I’ll head back to the fair. Enjoy sunbae.” She bowed down immediately and turned around. She was about to leave but was stopped by Yi Jung.

 

“Kaja. Don’t you want to accompany me? It’s sad eating alone. Let’s make this another date Ga Eul yang. What do you think?” He flashed another smile while pulling her under the tree for enough shade. He chuckled to himself after seeing her blushing and with hesitancy.

 

They ate under the tree until they were full. They ignored all the curious and envious stares they received form their fellow students. Ga Eul was obviously anxious by the evil glares she received from the female students. But then the glares were halted once Yi Jung smiled at them. During the entire lunch, he was a perfect gentleman to Ga Eul. They ate like a couple having a picnic.

 

“That was great. I never tasted anything like that. Thanks Ga Eul yang for a wonderful meal.” Yi Jung stated with a smirk.

 

“Kamsahamnida sunbae, I’m glad you liked it.” She bowed and paused for a while before speaking. “Ahm sunbae, since you said that this is a date. I believe this is my turn. Do you want to go somewhere?” She spoke with a hopeful and cheerful voice.

 

Yi Jung was amazed and in deep thought before answering. “Hmm, okay, how about your booth? Are you sure about this?”

 

“Yeah sunbae, don’t worry. Jandi and the group will surely cover for me. Besides I want to experience leaving school for once and you’ll like it there.” She stated in an excited tone.

 

Ga Eul informed Jandi of their plan and apologized for their sudden decision. At first she was hesitant but then she understood that this is what keeps her best friend happy, that is spending time with Yi Jung. She allowed them and bid good luck.

 

Yi Jung pulled Ga Eul towards the parking lot. But Ga Eul insisted that this was her day and so all must go according to her will. Yi Jung surrendered after debating with her. He soon found himself riding the bus along with Ga Eul. He was uneasy at first especially by the curious stares of the other passengers. He could hear whispering around the bus. Could you blame them, it’s not like everyday when a rich chaebol with good looks decided to ride a bus. But his playboy, better yet Casanova image, knows how to deal with it. Once he flashed his killer smile, all the whispering and murmurs were muted. It’s as if, all the passengers were captivated under his spell.

 

He motioned Ga Eul to take the seat next to the window and positioned himself next to her. She felt the morning breeze touch her face and immediately closed her eyes. It was a calm and relaxing morning. She really felt happy sitting next to Yi Jung. As soon as the bus moved, she readily focused her attention to the view outside the bus. At some point she will show Yi Jung the places she knew. They enjoyed watching everything even the busy sellers along the side walk. She really felt bliss. She closed her eyes in an attempt to savor the moment while a genuine smile curved its way on her rosy lips. She readily opened her eyes as soon as she felt a firm grip on her hands. She looked at her hand and found that Yi Jung had intertwined it with his own hand. She immediately flashed a crimson hue. She looked away for she was so embarrassed and thought of how this guy can affect her so much. She then placed her head on Yi Jung shoulder and started to focus on breathing in attempt to calm down her irregular heartbeat that had been doing summersaults ever since they stepped on the bus.

 

On the other hand, Yi Jung was also enjoying the ride. True, he found Ga Eul cute when she was pleading him to ride a bus. He thought seriously, how could he resist her when she used those puppy eyes and pouting luscious lips to plead. So he finally gave in. When they were at the bus, those curious stares where the first one to greet him and he dealt with it confidently. A flash of smile showing his pearly white teeth would be a solution and it never fails him. He motioned her to seat at the window in order to watch her. He observed her happily gazing outside the window and randomly pointing to anything that caught her attention. Yi Jung was enjoying this moment for some reason he cannot decipher. He thought maybe this was a first in his life that is why he felt good. He was grinning like an idiot the whole time. He enjoyed the waving of Ga Eul hair which smelled like vanilla and strawberries. He was so busy looking at her and out of instinct he found his hand clutching her hands. He just smiled at her when she looked at her dumbfounded and with an inquisitive eye. He just intertwined their hands and winked at her. He noticed the country bumpkin’s blushing and can’t help but chuckle to himself. He was really enjoying it. He was surprised by Ga Eul action, when she placed her head on his shoulder but he immediately composed himself and so he placed his head on her head. He then closed his eyes to savor the moment and the smile never left his mouth. He wonders why he was feeling contented and happy for this simple gesture and trip but he immediately pushed the idea away.

 

“Yi Jung sunbae, wake up. We’re here.” Ga Eul stated in a low voice. She poked Yi Jung slowly and lightly so that he won’t hurt. The bus ride took some time but enough for them to enjoy the moment. Ga Eul pulled Yi Jung as soon as she confirmed that the young man was awake. She placed her camera on her shoulder and guided him on a small road. Yi Jung chuckled when she saw Ga Eul excitement and eagerness to reach their destination. He was greeted with an unfamiliar place but he didn’t mind since he was with Ga Eul. She walked fast ahead of Yi Jung, she immediately turned around and flashed her camera on him.

 

“Hey, what was that for?” He said with an angry tone. “You can’t just take my pictures! You didn’t ask for permission. You even took the liberty while were on the bus.” Yi Jung continued with a soft glare.

 

“Mi- mianhe Yi Jung sunbae. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you….” Ga Eul said with pure guilt. She stopped on her tracks and could not even look at Yi Jung face.

 

Yi Jung walked towards her and lifted her chin to meet her eyes. He was smirking when she saw her guilty face. “Hey, I really like it when you look so helpless. You’re so cute. Ha ha ha… Sorry… I was just joking around. Of course you can take my pictures and don’t worry you’re the only one allowed.” He stated with a smirk.

 

They both laughed as Ga Eul started hitting Yi Jung in the arm. They enjoyed the walk. Ga Eul was busy snapping pictures that sparked her interest. Yi Jung learned that photography was one of her passion. Soon they arrived at an old, small, and unique pottery museum.

 

“Ahm, Yi Jung sunbae. I know you’re a potter. So, I took a liberty of bringing you here. Arabeoji, I mean Mr. Jang was kind enough to…” She explained to him but was cut mid sentence.

 

“Mr. Jang? Mr Jang as in Master Jang Yuan… he owes this place?” Yi Jung stated with a surprise look.

 

“Deh, how’d you know him? Indeed, Arabeoji owes this place.” She said with a surprise look.

 

“He is one of my favorite potters. He inspired me a lot. He left after one of his major exhibits was held. After that we never had any news from him. But his pieces were exquisite.” He expressed with pure admiration and sadness.

 

“Oh, I never thought he’s that famous, but it’s true that her pieces were superb. He’s been living in our neighborhood for quite some time now. And I got you’re clay from him. Well come on, let’s take a look inside. I’m sure arabeoji is waiting for us. I told him I’ll bring you to him someday. He said he’s a fan of yours.” Ga Eul stated with a smile.

 

Ga Eul pulled him towards the museum. They were busy roaming around and looking at the displays. Yi Jung was fascinated by the wonderful crafts, different pots, vases and other ceramics were seen that are molded to perfection. His eyes were glued to every piece he sees. This made Ga Eul very happy and asked Yi Jung if she can take a picture, this time she made sure to ask permission. Their desolation was soon interrupted by a presence of an elder.

 

“Ahem…” He coughed fake in order to gain their attention. “Why, Ga Eul ah, what a pleasant surprise?. I thought you forgot your grandpa already.” He said with a sad expression.

 

“Arabeoji, how’d you been? I dropped at your house last time. They said your children went to fetch you up. How was your date?” She smirked happily.

 

“Oh, it was fun, I miss my chingu granddaughter. Come lets… Oh my, you’ve got company… Is that your boyfriend? He’s quite a catch dear.” The old man said while patting Ga Eul’s hand and laughing.

 

“A-aniyo grandpa. He’s also a potter…” She then whispered to Mr. Jang. “He’s not my boyfriend.” She was blushing by the old man’s statement which earned smirks by the two men. She then gestured Yi Jung to come forward and to introduce him to his friend grandpa.

 

“This is So Yi Jung sunbae, He is also a potter like you, arabeoji. He is also one of your fan like me.” She smiled genuinely at the old man.

 

“Oh, I never thought you’re this young. I guess you’re really talented. I’ve seen your works and I’m quite impressed. It’s nice meeting you, I’m Jang Yuan.” He extended his hand for a handshake.

 

Yi Jung accepted his hand and bowed politely. “It’s my pleasure meeting you master. I’m indeed, one of your fan. Your crafts are really magnificent. I hope to learn from you.” Yi Jung stated with admiration.

 

“Kamsahamnida young man, come let’s have tea. It’s been a while since I have young visitors, mostly they are old like me and it bores me sometimes.” He said while chuckling.

 

“Oh no, grandpa, you’re not that old. Don’t worry I’m working on a school trip to your museum.” Ga Eul said while linking her arms to Mr. Jang

 

Yi Jung found that sweet gesture touching. He was amazed on how the museum was built and placed with delicate arts. But he is more amazed on how Ga Eul would surprise him and on how he discovered the naiveness and uniqueness of the young lady. They had tea and exchanged ideas about pottery. Ga Eul excused herself to wash the dishes and Mr. Jang found this opportunity to talk to Yi Jung. He told Yi Jung how simple and kind hearted Ga Eul was and on how she filled the emptiness he had whenever he miss his family, thus gaining more admiration from Yi Jung. And when Ga Eul came they talked about pottery again. They all have fun. Yi Jung had asked Mr. Jang to show his craft on his exhibit and managed to do so with the help of Ga Eul. Soon they bid farewell and left the old man with their promise of coming back.

 

“That was fun Ga Eul yang. I really enjoyed meeting arabeoji.” Yi Jung stated with a smile.

 

“I’m glad you liked it. You know arabeoji is really kind. He is lonely though since his family seldom visits him.” She thought sadly for a moment. “Well sunbae, come on, I’ll take you to a secret place.” She said full of excitement.

 

Ga Eul pulled Yi Jung to a nearby park. She pulled him towards a large bush. Soon he saw a garden full of flowers. Ga Eul explained how she found her secret sanctuary. Yi Jung learned that Ga Eul loves flowers. They took pictures around. They enjoyed and absorbed the serenity of the place. They stayed for a while and rested until they dozed off. And when Ga Eul opened her eyes, all she saw were shiny stars above. She blinked and felt an arm draped on her waist. She even felt rested cause her head was laying on Yi Jung arm. She immediately sat up. Then silence filled the air, until Yi Jung decided to break the silence.

 

“Yah, Ga Eul yang, I’m glad you’re awake. I didn’t know you’re that heavy.” He stated with a playful grin.

 

Ga Eul immediately slaps his arms. Yi Jung stood up and like kids they started running through the garden. But then Ga Eul got tired easily and decided to sit and clenched her chest. Yi Jung became worried and asked decided to bring her to the hospital. She opposed and said that she only got tired and they just head home. Yi Jung called his chauffeur to bring them home easier. The whole ride was silent. But then again, Yi Jung was worried since Ga Eul appearance was different than before. He can’t help but hold her hands and let her rest on his shoulder. Soon, he was relieved to see the sleeping form of Ga Eul who was breathing slowly and regularly. At the same time, Yi Jung was so confused on how he was so concerned and affected by the country bumpkin.