Casanova’s Style

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

 “What? Yi Jung, are you being serious?” Woo Bin asked as they walk through the hallway, where the other student screams and yells as the F4 passed through their sight.

 

“Are you really going out with that robot? Woo Bin continues with a suspicious expression and a small grin as he keeps on contemplating the news he heard roaming around their school.

 

“Ya, she gave me an offer I couldn’t resist.” Yi Jung found himself smiling thinking on what he would do with his rare Egyptian soil clay. However, Woo Bin thought of the other way around, he thought that his Casanova friend might be smitten with Ms. Robot. He contemplated for a while and thought that the girl was not that bad looking after all; she only has to remove those thick eyeglasses and reveal those brown beautiful eyes.

 

“Yo, my bro! How long do you plan to go out with that Robot? Are you serious with her to begin with?” Woo Bin inquired once he woke up from his trance.

 

“For the third time Bin ah, her name is Chu Ga Eul, it’s unfair if you keep calling her robot, she has a name after all.” Yi Jung smiled at his friend’s stubbornness and continued.

 

“Serious? NO, not really, besides, it’s just for a month. She didn’t tell me I CAN’T have other girls other than her, ha-ha.” Yi Jung said as he laughs remembering that this was not written in their contract.

 

“You’re a very, very naughty boy! Ha-ha” Woo Bin said jokingly while shaking his head at his brother’s response.

 

 

 

The next day…

 

Yi Jung was staying at the tree house waiting for Ga Eul, since this is the first day of their month long affair. He was wearing his signature layered tuxedo and was mesmerizingly handsome as always. On the other hand, Ga Eul was just simply wearing a sundress and her signature red coat while her hair was tied back with her red ribbon. She woke up early getting ready for their first date while turning her closet around in quest for the perfect attire but surrendered instead when she found nothing pretty. Sure she had dresses but they were all not fit for a date with a chaebol, they were simply built to be worn during simple occasions and the best dress she could find at that moment was that simple sundress. This was like an old fashioned dress that made her feel comfortable although it doesn’t compliment her that much.

 

 She wasn’t expecting too much, but she has to admit that the suspense is killing her. She was happy to have a date with one of the most popular guy in the school. She arrived at the school, and was surprised to see the flock of students at the entrance as if waiting for great news to transpire. She was sure that there are no classes today and that’s why she was dumbstruck to see many students coming in and out the school. And then, it struck her, today is their first date so she immediately concluded that they were there to witness their first day. She was becoming tense at the idea but then she smiled happily, as she saw the students moving to the gym. They were the members of the drama club who are busy practicing for the play they will perform at the school fair. She smiled quickly and proceeded to the tree house where Yi Jung summoned her to meet.

 

She was becoming tensed when Yi Jung started to looked at her from head to toe. As if reading his face, she saw how disgusted the former was at her appearance. She nervously fidgeted and breathes harder and calmed herself before speaking to the handsome young man standing in front of her.

 

“Ya, Yi Jung sunbae, what are you looking at? Aren’t we going now?” She said while waving her hands at the dumbstruck potter at the same time revealing her emotionless face that was masking her nervousness.

 

“Hey! What are you wearing?” Yi Jung asked to Ga Eul pointing to her attire. “Come Here, I wouldn’t let myself be bored for a month, you know?” Yi Jung added. She immediately pulled Ga Eul and went towards his orange sports car. They were walking to his car with their hands intertwined. For a moment Ga Eul felt her cheeks had warmed up by the Casanova’s bold action but then again maintained her composure. While, Yi Jung on the other hand, felt the warmth of Ga Eul’s hand, he was shocked he held her hands but he can’t seem to let her go. He felt good but thought that it was his Casanova’s side that urges him to do that.

 

So, they went to a famous designer boutique to find clothes for Ga Eul. She started fitting the dress that Yi Jung is giving her. Then they went to the salon for Ga Eul’s makeup and hair style. Yi Jung had settled himself in the couch while reading magazines. He had waited patiently for his date to finish her transformation.

 

 After all the hard work, it turn out to perfect, Ga Eul was now wearing contact lenses, since Yi Jung tricked her for broking her eyeglasses thus leaving Ga Eul no choice but to agree on his proposal, after all she doesn’t have another eyeglasses and she doesn’t want to stay blind for the rest of the date.

 

As for her looks, her long hair was now flowing down, running below her shoulder with small curls bouncing at the edge of her hair. As for her wardrobe, she is wearing a beautiful pinkish dress paired with two inches heels sandals.

 

Truly it was a beauty to behold. She was amazed to see this side of her. She was like an upsized doll. Her physique was highlighted even more by the dress. Her porcelain skin had made her makeup even more noticeable thus emphasizing her dazzling brown eyes.

 

“Wow! She’s so pretty!” The staff of the salon said. “She’s like a doll.” The other employee said. “You must fix yourself more often, you are very beautiful Miss.” The other staff suggested.

 

She then blushed upon hearing their compliments but good thing she was now wearing make up to cover her crimson face. She thanked them and made a small bow for their compliments. She was then accompanied by a staff to the waiting area where Yi Jung stayed.

 

The staff greeted Yi Jung upon arriving to the area. She was then followed by Ga Eul. After that Yi Jung turned around and looked at Ga Eul with admiration on his face. He was so shocked by the young lady standing in front of him. His jaw dropped upon seeing her. It’s like heaven has opened its door and sent a goddess for him. After few more minutes he recovered and smile at Ga Eul.

 

Ga Eul on the other hand was so tense upon seeing the looks that Yi Jung gave him. She cannot decipher what his sunbae was thinking. She didn’t know if he likes it or not. She was becoming restless and started making awkward stands.

 

“Sunbae, kwenchana? Do I look that bad?” She managed to say but in a whisper type of voice. She is really getting conscious on her appearance and was fidgeting at the moment.

 

“ha…erm… No you look absolutely gorgeous Ga Eul yang.” He said while blushing a bit but immediately kept his cool mask on. He had to admit he was captured by his lady companion. Never in his wildest dream, had he thought that this lady would look amazing. She then compared her from the robot she was before to her goddess side.

 

“Kamsahamnida Yi Jung sunbae.” She said upon hearing the compliments of the Casanova and for the nth time she felt her cheeks turning warm again.

 

Yi Jung handed the staff his credit card to cover all the expenses. The staff returned his card and expressed her gratitude on them. She even stated on how perfect couple they can be. She even told them how envious she was. Ga Eul was now wearing a crimson hue face and smiled at the staff’s statement.

 

“You should always do that. You should smile more often. You look more beautiful when you smile.” The Casanova stated while smiling genuinely upon discovering how attractive Ga Eul was when she smiled. As for Ga Eul, she now felt that her blush doubled in an instant. Just a moment ago, the idea of transforming her was shocking. Now she is more comfortable due to the praises she’s been hearing and with that she just displayed a genuine smile, this time it is wider than before.

 

“There you go, you see Ga Eul yang, and you really look lovely when you smile you should do that often.” Yi Jung teased with another smirk on his face.

 

Just then, Ga Eul realized something. As she was looking at the now amazed Casanova, she recalled the contract that they had agreed.

 

“Yah, Sunbae. Did you forget something… ahm… The second condition on the contract… this is surely breaking the rule…” Ga Eul stated while pouting.

 

Again Yi Jung found it cute, just looking at those pouting lips made him smile again. He likes pestering Ga Eul and he has to admit he slowly enjoys Ga Eul’s company, simply because this is something new to him.

 

“Oi! Sunbae are you even listening? I told you, You should not spend that much in our date. And this is definitely breaking the rule.” She said while putting her hands on her waist.

 

Yi Jung then recovered from his reverie. He explained to Ga Eul that this is just the first time and he was just trying to help her. He was trying to correct the misconception that their fellow students were trying to impose that she was indeed a robot. He explained that he doesn’t want them naming her like that. He seemed so serious and sincere as Ga Eul thought. She took time in considering his reason and then smiled and held Yi Jung’s hand and asked him his next plan. 

 

They both headed to Yi Jung’s orange sports car and headed to their next destination. The entire trip was filled with silence. Ga Eul found herself looking outside the window and admiring the lovely ambiance. The blue sky as if smiling with them by its calm and serene appearance and the small houses and lavish gardens with colorful flowers generously greeting them as if welcoming them warmly on their trip. She mentally noted that the next time she would go on a date with him she would bring her camera so she can took pictures like the sceneries she just saw. It was absolutely breathtaking for her. Little did she know that Yi Jung was stealing glances on her every now and then that eventually formed a small curve on his lips.

 

They soon arrived at a simple and small restaurant just outside Seoul, Seoulmates Restaurant. It was approximately 500 meters away from Seoul, which was totally different from the busy and modernized city. She was surely fascinated by the façade of the restaurant of the restaurant. The architecture was like that of the ancient times, plus the atmosphere felt like country side. Just like her native place, Busan. She was so happy and was interrupted by her trance once Yi Jung had opened the door for her and urged her to go inside. The staff had greeted them and immediately assisted them to the best seats they have which was the one overlooking the sea.

 

Ga Eul did not notice that they were the only two feasting at the restaurant until their order came up. She can’t help but wonder and thus she broke her silence.

 

“Sunbae, been here before?” She simply stated with inquisitive eyes while nervously fidgeting her hands while looking at the young man seated across her.

 

“Eh, aniyo, I just saw this place from one of the trips me and the F4 had and I was truly captivated by the ambiance and so I said to myself I would definitely visit this place one day.” He said while remembering his first sight of this picturesque restaurant.

 

She smiled knowingly that this was also their first time together in that restaurant, again she felt her heart beating faster and breathe harder. Yi Jung asked her if she was fine. She nodded her head and explained that she was just overwhelmed by the view. The worried expression on Yi Jung has sent her heart flipping and for a second she remembered the contract. She stated there NO FALLING IN LOVE. She mentally shook off the idea and proceeded to ask Yi Jung about her main concern.

 

“Ahm Sunbae, in case you haven’t noticed, I was just wondering why are there no other people in here. Isn’t it ironic how beautiful this place was and yet it wasn’t flooded by customers? It must have patrons. Aish! People, they don’t really know what they’re missing.” She said while shaking his head.

 

Yi Jung laughed at Ga Eul’s comment and was amazed that she was dealing with a unique lady. This action had earned him a why are you laughing look and then a glare from Ga Eul.

 

“I’m sorry, I can’t help it you’re really funny Ga Eul yang. In case you haven’t noticed the restaurant is located away from the residential areas thus limiting the customers to those who are traveling like us or those who just missed this place.” He explained with a serious face in between their conversation.

 

“Oh, I see. Let’s just enjoy the meal, and by the way sunbae, Is this expensive? Because you know….” She was soon cut off by the Casanova’s bold action.

 

“Ahhh, Ga Eul yang. I don’t want then to think that I’m starving my date, just eat and enjoy the meal, Araso.” Ga Eul just nodded. Yi Jung has stated this while offering a forkful of pasta to Ga Eul. He winked at her which earned him a blushing Ga Eul who looked so nervous under his presence. He was happy that his covers were not blown by Ga Eul’s interrogation. Actually he did reserve the restaurant for the whole afternoon for them to enjoy. After their hearty meal, soon came the desert. They enjoyed the afternoon and soon enough they have to leave. Ga Eul never learned how much Yi Jung paid for their meals since she was afraid that if she would ask, Yi Jung would see another embarrassing moment in her life. She doesn’t want to become as red as tomato in her presence. Since the start of their day, she had lost count on how many times she felt the blood rushing to her face. They soon bowed to the staff.

 

Yi Jung yanked Ga Eul towards the car. As soon as they were seated, he immediately leaned towards Ga Eul. She was so shocked from his actions and found herself unable to move but soon recovered as he sees the Casanova buckling her seatbelt for her protection. She cursed on how weak she was knowing that grin on his face was an evidence that Yi Jung has seen her turning crimson from his previous action.

 

“Ga Eul yang, are you ready for the main highlight?” Yi Jung smiled at her and started the engine, driving to another place. This time it was an empty cliff. The cliff was located near the sea. Again she was smitten by the place. The cold wind has blown hard on their bodies, thus sending shivers on her frail body, even with her red coat on, she can feel the cold wind. Yi Jung went to his car and soon returned with a blanket. He then wrapped the blanket around Ga Eul’s shoulder.

 

“Kamsahamnida Yi Jeong Sunbae. This day was truly amazing. I mean the places we’ve been were really beautiful. I’m glad it’s you that I went out with.” She was surprised with her sudden boldness but she managed to show him a smile instead.

 

“Kamsahamnida, I had fun too. Ahm, I mean after all that’s what were here for. We agreed to date it states on our contract. That’s why I’m doing all of this.” He stated proudly with his Casanova pride back on.

 

Again silence filled the night all they could hear was the splashing of the sea water below on the rocks, random car passing by and birds flying by. Ga Eul was indeed hurt by the previous expression of Yi Jung but managed to maintain a cool aura. She then taught that if the Yi Jung she was out with the whole afternoon was the Casanova type or the true Yi Jung she had wished to discover. She was in a trance when the sudden ringing of the phone immersed the silence in the atmosphere.

 

Yi Jung talked to the other person on the line for a while after excusing himself to Ga Eul to a safe distance where in she won’t probably hear them. He then returned and told Ga Eul that there was a surprise waiting for them that night. Ga Eul smiled at him and was filled with anticipation. Few minutes later, the once dark and solemn sky was now filled with thunderous and colorful fireworks.

 

With awe and happiness, Ga Eul found herself fixed with the display on the sky. She even asked Yi Jung on how he learned about the event without even looking at him.

 

“The phone call a while ago, a friend told me that a nearby town was celebrating a festival and one of their events is the fireworks display. Why? You love it?” He asked while looking at the amazed Ga Eul.

 

“De, it’s really beautiful.” She stated still looking at the fireworks with enthusiasm.

 

“Yes, it’s really BEAUTIFUL.” Yi Jung said while looking at the unknowing Ga Eul. He had been looking at her since the fireworks had started and was fond that Ga Eul was not noticing him. How can she? She was too engrossed with the fireworks.

 

The phone call a while ago was indeed one of his friends. But the festivity was all lie. He had planned the fireworks all along just to woo his date. Indeed she had fun and she even   found herself wondering about the next date. She was in deep thought during the travel back to Seoul and eventually leaned over the window as sleep is taking over. Yi jung noticed the sleeping Ga Eul. He has to admit, he really found her cute and beautiful in this form. He placed the blanket over her. He mentally stated that his Casanova ways are a big help today.  He congratulated him self for a job well done. She was soon awakened by Yi Jung, once they arrived at her house. She immediately went to her room. She took a warm bath and found herself smiling like a fool since she really enjoyed her date today. Her mind keeps on replaying the whole day affair. She was now lying in bed for two hours and after few times of turning over on the bed she soon surrendered on a deep sleep wishing she would dream about the date.