Confrontation: Sooyoung v. Bora

The Girls' House

A month had passed since The Club mission.  A few other missions had been given, but were easily completed by the girls.

Jiyoon and Luna were happily, but secretly, together.  With so many cameras around though, they had to be careful, or else they would be exposed, which could spell trouble for their careers.

Jihyo and Dara were really close, but neither had the courage to confess.

Sooyoung and Bora, on the other hand, instead of growing closer, were growing apart.  Ever since Sooyoung caught Bora making out with that boy at the club, she has been avoiding her.  The tension had grown so much that Sooyoung started sleeping on the couch.  All of this did not go unnoticed by the other members.


Jihyo woke up early and decided to make breakfast for the other members.  She quietly walked to the kitchen, but was surprised to find Sooyoung there, who was quietly sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee.

"Good morning Sooyoung." - Jihyo

"Hi Jihyo." - Sooyoung

"What are you doing up so early?" - Jihyo

"I was having a hard time sleeping." - Sooyoung

"Is something bothering you?  I will listen if you need someone to talk to." - Jihyo

"No, nothing is wrong." - Sooyoung faked a smile

"Well, things seem tense between you and Bora.  Are you sure everything is okay?" - Jihyo

"Things are fine between the two of us.  Don't worry Jihyo." - Sooyoung

"Then why have you been sleeping on the couch?" - Jihyo

"I just prefer sleeping alone.  That's all."  Sooyoung.

Deciding that she didn't want to pressure Sooyoung too much Jihyo decided to drop the issue.

"Okay, well want to help me cook breakfast?" - Jihyo

"Sure." - Sooyoung

With that, they started to make vegetable omelettes for the other four girls.


The girls finished making breakfast and set the table.  Sooyoung sat down and continued drinking her coffee, while Jihyo went to wake up the others.  Sooyoung thought to herself, "Why is this so hard?  I feel like I'm dying everytime I look at Bora.  It has only gotten worse after a month.  I wish these feelings would go away..."  Without realizing it, Sooyoung started to cry.  Before she could wipe away her tears, the other five girls appeared.

"What's wrong?" - Jiyoon

"Nothing." - Sooyoung

"But you have clearly been crying." - Luna

"I just got something in my eye.  Don't worry!" - Sooyoung

The girls dropped the issue and sat down at the table.  Bora decided she had had enough and sat down next to Sooyoung hoping that she could at least get Sooyoung to speak to her.  But as soon as Bora sat down, Sooyoung got up and left the table.  She told the girls she wasn't feeling well and went into her room.  As soon as the door closed behind her, she started crying.  She got into bed and cried into her pillow.  After what seemed like an eternity, she fell asleep.

After a few hours, she woke up and rubbed her eyes.  "I really need to get over her.  I am dragging everybody down with me.  It isn't fair to me or anybody else, especially Bora," Sooyoung said to herself.  Just as she finished her thought, she rolled over and was surprised to see Bora sleeping next to her.  Startled, she quickly tried to get out of bed, but just as she was about to get up, she felt Bora's hand wrap around her wrist.  She tried to wriggle free, but Bora had no intentions of letting her leave.

Bora sat up and looked at Sooyoung, who quickly turned her head away.

"Why are you avoiding me Sooyoung?  Did I do something wrong?" - Bora

"I'm not avoiding you." - Sooyoung

"You can't even look at me.  And for the past month you haven't talked to me.  Clearly something is wrong." - Bora

"Nothing is wrong.  I wish you would just drop it." - Sooyoung

"I can't drop it.  You're my roommate!  We're supposed to be like sisters.  But all you do is avoid me!  All the other members get along so well.  We are the only two who haven't gotten closer!" - Bora

"Maybe we just weren't cut out to be friends." - Sooyoung

Bora was caught off guard by Sooyoung's strong answer and let go of her wrist.  Sooyoung immediately took the chance and got up and left the room.  On the way out, she slammed the door closed.  Bora was baffled and just sat there looking at the door.  After a few seconds, she started sobbing.  She couldn't understand why Sooyoung was acting this way toward her.  She had really hoped that her and Sooyoung could become close.

Meanwhile, Sooyoung flew past the other members who were in the living room.  She grabbed her shoes and quickly left the apartment.  Before the other members could even think about what was happening, Sooyoung was gone.