Nothing Special: Eun Mi & Jungah

The Girls' House

Two weeks had passed since Eun Mi ran into the girls at the diner.  She had gotten Jihyo's contact information (again) before leaving the diner, but decided against reaching out to her.  In her mind, she was just plain old Eun Mi, nothing special.  Eun Mi also knew that Jungah was just being nice that night.  There was no way that Jungah really wanted her help in finding that someone special.  More importantly, Eun Mi knew that she would never win over someone as great as Jungah.  So, Eun Mi continued living with her brother, exploring Seoul.  She had just finished her undergraduate degree and was taking an extended break before going to graduate school.  Her brother, Duk Ho, had invited her to stay with him to celebrate her graduation, and to take her mind off of her ex-girlfriend, Ashley.


Ashley, she was a sore subject for Eun Mi.  At one point, she really believed that Ashley was the one.  After five years she had a hard time picturing herself with anybody else.  Right before the 2NE1 concert, Ashley had told Eun Mi that she had fallen in love with someone else.  She said that she didn't know when or how it had happened, but that it did.  With that, the future Eun Mi had envisioned disappeared.


It was Saturday night and Eun Mi was getting ready to go out with her brother, again.  Duk Ho insisted on going out to the club every weekend, and Eun Mi couldn't say no to him.  After all, he was letting her stay with him.  Plus, it helped take her mind off of Ashley.  So, after wasting an hour getting ready, the two siblings headed out, to a dance club downtown.

The club was packed.  Eun Mi let out a sigh and looked at her brother.  Duk Ho laughed and said, "Oh come on!  It isn't that crowded!"  Eun Mi scanned the club again, "Actually, it is that crowded."  The two laughed and headed to the bar, where they proceeded to take shot after shot.  After about the sixth shot, the two fist-bumped each other and headed off in separate directions.  "Come and find me when you are ready to leave!" Eun Mi shouted at her brother.  "Sure thing!"  Duk Ho yelled back.  And just like that Duk Ho disappeared into the sea of people littering the dance floor.

Eun Mi wandered around for awhile, but found herself back at the bar.  She thought to herself, "Apparently I need another drink."  So, she ordered herself a vodka and cranberry, and people watched as she waited for the bartender to come back.  The bartender came back with her drink, but before she could get her money out and pay, the bartender said, "The girl at the end of the bar paid for it."  Eun Mi looked at the end of the bar, but didn't see any girls, there were only boys standing there.  She turned to ask the bartender to point the girl out, but he was already gone.  She grabbed her drink and said, "Well, thanks to whoever bought me this drink."  A second later, someone whispered into her ear, "You're welcome."  Startled, Eun Mi threw her drink at the stranger.  She stood there, silent, afraid to look up.  "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," the stranger said.  Eun Mi slowly raised her eyes to see who the mystery person was.  As soon as she looked up, tears filled her eyes.  She put her hand over and made a b-line for the door.

Eun Mi ran and ran and ran.  After an hour of running she had somehow ended up back at her brother's apartment.  To her surprise, her brother was already home.

"Where the hell have you been?" - Duk Ho

"I'm really sorry!  I totally forgot to get you." - Eun Mi

"I see that.  Anyways, why did you leave?" - Duk Ho

"I just got overwhelmed.  I needed to get some fresh air, and before I knew it I was back here." - Eun Mi

"Well, I will let it go this one time.  Better not let it happen again, or I'm revoking your wingman status." - Duk Ho

"I promise.  It won't happen again." - Eun Mi

Eun Mi crawled into bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking to herself, "I am mortified.  Not only did I throw my drink at her, but I also cried and ran away like a baby.  God must really hate me."  She hugged her knees and cried herself to sleep.


The next day:

"You will never guess who I ran into yesterday at the club!" - Jungah

"Who?" - Dara

"Jihyo's friend, Eun Mi!" - Jungah

"Really?!  Did you two hangout?" - Dara

"Not quite...in fact she threw her drink at me and then ran out of the club." - Jungah

"Uh...what did you do?" - Dara

"Nothing!  I swear!  I saw her ordering a drink, so I got the bartender's attention and paid for it.  When I walked over to say hello I heard her say, 'Thanks to whoever bought me this drink.'  So naturally, I said, 'You're welcome.'  I didn't exactly expect her to be excited when she saw me, but I didn't think she would throw her drink at me and run away!  I really thought we hit it off when we met at the diner.  I guess not." - Jungah

"Sounds more like you scared her." - Dara

"That's possible, but why did she run away when she saw that it was me?" - Jungah

"Maybe she ran away because it was you?" - Dara

"I don't get it, but I would really like to talk with her and apologize if I did something wrong." - Jungah

"Talk to Jihyo, she might have her contact information.  She's in my room." - Dara

Jungah entered Dara's room and found Jihyo sitting at Dara's desk messing around on the computer.

"Oh, I didn't even realize you were here!" - Jihyo

"Yeah I just got here a little bit ago, but hey do you have Eun Mi's contact information?" - Jungah

"No, sorry, I don't.  Why?" - Jihyo

"Oh, that's a shame.  I was just wondering." - Jungah

"Just wondering huh?" - Jihyo

"Well, I was actually hoping to apologize to her.  I think I scared her yesterday." - Jungah

[Jungah tells Jihyo about what happened at the club]

"I really wish I could help you out, I'm sorry Jungah.  If you run into her again though, ask her why she hasn't contacted me!" - Jihyo

"It's okay.  And if I see her again I will be sure to ask her." - Jungah

"Hopefully I see you again Eun Mi," Jungah sighed to herself as she left Dara's room.


Since that night at the diner, Jungah hadn't been able to get Eun Mi out of her head.  So, when she saw Eun Mi at the club, she thought it was fate, bringing the two of them together again.  Nobody had ever had this effect on Jungah.  She didn't know why, but she felt a connection with Eun Mi, and she believed that any person who could make her feel this way was the one.  She barely knew anything about Eun Mi, and vice versa, but she had a gut feeling that Eun Mi was special.  With this in mind, Jungah was determined to see her again.