After the Show: Jihyo & Dara

The Girls' House

A month and three weeks had passed since The Girls' House ended and the girls went their separate ways.  None of the girls had managed to keep in touch, except for Jiyoon and Luna, who were happily, but secretly, seeing one another.  The only people who knew about Jiyoon and Luna were the other 4 housemates, 4Minute, and now f(x) - Luna hated keeping secrets from her fellow f(x) members, so sometime 2 weeks ago, while they were all eating breakfast, she decided to tell them about her and Jiyoon.  They weren't surprised considering how much time Luna had been spending with Jiyoon the past couple of weeks.  And luckily, Amber had moved on quickly.  Although, as far as Luna was concerned, Amber had always loved Krystal, but just hadn't realized it.  While all these thoughts were running through her head, Luna said to herself, "Now if she could only tell Krsytal!  Hehe."


In another part of the world, more specifically in Los Angeles, Dara was preparing to take the stage.  2NE1 had just released a new song, I Love You, and was promoting it overseas.  Thankfully, Los Angeles was the last stop of the tour; Dara was looking forward to heading back to Korea.

"Everybody ready?  We are about to do the sound check for the VIP ticket holders." - CL

"Yeah, I'm ready!" - Bom

"Me too!" - Minzy

"Aigoo...I'm ready." - Dara

With that, the girls walked out of their dressing room and headed to the stage.


Two days prior to 2NE1's LA show, in Korea, on the set of Jackals Are Coming:

"Hey, Jihyo, it looks like the film is wrapping up and you will have almost a full week off until you have to get back to work." - Manager

"Really?  Daebak." - Jihyo

"Yeah, any ideas what you want to do?" - Manager

"Hmmm..." - Jihyo

After a few minutes of thinking about it, Jihyo suddenly remembered that 2NE1's L.A. show was in two days.  And she hadn't seen Dara since the reality show ended.

"2NE1 is playing a show in L.A. in two days.  I think I might fly out and catch the show and explore L.A.  I have never been there before.  Maybe I'll check out Disneyland." - Jihyo

"You want to fly out to L.A.?!  Are you going alone?!" - Manager

"Well, yeah, I want to get away from everything and everyone.  No offense." - Jihyo

"Haha, none taken.  I understand.  Alright, I will book you flight right now.  How are you going to get into the show?" - Manager

"Mind buying me a VIP ticket?  I don't want to put 2NE1 under any pressure to accommodate me, or anything like that, so I'd rather they not know I'm coming." - Jihyo

"Yeah that's fine." - Manager

"Thanks!" - Jihyo


The day of the show had finally come (Jihyo had arrived in L.A. the day prior, but took the day to rest; filming all day, every day had taken its toll).  After taking her sweet time getting ready, Jihyo took a taxi from the hotel to the venue.  Once she arrived, she was surprised at how many people were there.  "Wow," she thought to herself as she got into the VIP line.

Jihyo looked at her phone and sighed as the time flashed 6:00pm.  Under her breath she said, "Ugh another hour before they let us in the venue."  She sat on the ground and closed her eyes.  After a few minutes, she woke up with a startle as she heard someone yell, "Isn't that Song Jihyo from Running Man?!"  Immediately she stood up and turned her back towards the voice, but it was too late, the crowd outside was becoming restless.  Jihyo really didn't think anybody would recognize her...

After a few minutes of staring at the wall, Jihyo spoke up:

"Hey L.A." - Jihyo

[loud cheers from the crowd]

"I came here to surprise my friend Dara.  Please keep it a secret!  Today, I am just a fan!" - Jihyo

Jihyo wasn't sure if she had gotten her message across properly, because her English wasn't very good, but nobody was coming up to her and bothering her, so she took this as a good sign.  She looked at the time again. It was now 6:30pm.  "Just another 30 minutes Dara and I will get to see your beautiful face on stage," Jihyo thought to herself.  Just as a smile was forming on her face, a girl standing next to her casually said, "I know you're in love with Dara.  I think it's so cute."  Jihyo about choked on her own spit upon hearing what the girl said.  She may not have known a lot of English, but she understood enough to know what the girl was saying.

"What did you say?" - Jihyo

"It's okay.  I won't tell anyone." - Girl

"I am not in love with Dara.  We are just friends." - Jihyo

"I watched The Girls' House and you two are clearly in love." - Girl

"Did it seem that way?  Really, we are just friends." - Jihyo

"Yeah, it did seem that way.  You weren't the only two on the show that were a couple though, right?  Jiyoon & Luna and Bora & Sooyoung, they were together as well?" - Girl

"Wait, there were no couples on the show." - Jihyo

The girl just smiled and said she wouldn't tell anyone, since they were clearly trying to keep it a secret.  After a few minutes of silence, Jihyo, for whatever reason, figured she could trust this girl...

"How did you know?" - Jihyo

"I am a lesbian, so I pick up on these things.  It isn't a big deal, but I know what it could do to your careers so I won't say anything to anyone." - Girl

"Thank you.  By the way, what is your name?" - Jihyo

"My name is Eun Mi." - Eun Mi

"Again, thank you Eun Mi.  I appreciate your silence." - Jihyo

Jihyo let out a sign of relief.  She was happy that the only person who seemed to notice the relationships that formed during the filming of the show was so understanding.  She sensed that she could really trust Eun Mi.


Finally, the clock struck 7pm and the doors to the venue opened up.  The security guards shuffled all the VIP members inside.  Once inside, Jihyo stood towards the back, anxiously waiting for Dara to take the stage.  Her new friend Eun Mi stood with her and made small, but they were interrupted as the crowd started going wild.  Jihyo looked up and saw Bom, CL, Minzy, and Dara walk out onto stage.  Eun Mi put her hand on Jihyo's shoulder and said, "Your lady has arrived."  Jihyo just smiled.