After the Show: Sooyoung & Bora continued

The Girls' House

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were the first ones to arrive on the set of Invincible Youth 2.  The time seemed to tick away slowly for the lovesick Sooyoung.  She couldn't stop thinking about Bora.  She began growing nervous at the thought of having to face her.  Just then a  three vans pulled up.  To the relief of Sooyoung, the three that exited the vans were Shinyoung, Young Ja, and Suzy.

"Hey!  What are you doing here Sooyoung?!  Hyoyeon that afraid of Young Ja that she made you come?" - Shinyoung

"Haha yeah, something like that." - Sooyoung

"Oh come on, Hyoyeon doesn't hate being teamed up with me that much." - Young Ja

"Are you guys talking about me over there?!" - Hyoyeon

"Sure seems like it." - Suzy

"Of course not!" - Shinyoung

After 10 minutes of small talk between the 5 girls, three more vans pulled up.  The first contained Yewon, the second Jiyoung, and as if saving the best for last, the third door opened and out came Bora.  As Sooyoung watched Bora exit the van, she thought to herself, "Sigh, I have a feeling today is going to be long..."

The members didn't even have time to greet one another properly, because as soon as the three girls exited the vans, the producer of the show shouted out, "Okay guys, we have to start filming right away.  We have a lot to do today."  Sooyoung was silently praising the producer, it just saved her the trouble of having to awkwardly greet Bora.

Sooyoung's POV

So after the cameras started rolling, things progressed as they should.  Shinyoung enthusiastically introduced me.  Hyoyeon and "Mom" bickered.  Boom teased Yewon and Jiyoung.  Bora and Suzy silently enjoyed the scenes that were unfolding before them.  All-in-all, things seemed normal, well minus the fact that Bora and I hadn't exchanged a single word, but I figured that was probably for the best.  I still had no idea what I would even say to her.

Anyways, after joking around for a bit, Shinyoung announced who was going to be lodging at the house.  To everyone's surprise, Bora included, the guests for today were Bora's groupmates - Dasom, Soyu, and Hyorin.  Just as Shinyoung finished saying Hyorin's name, I saw the three girls emerge from a van.

Geeze, and just when I was beginning to think things couldn't get anymore awkward, they somehow had.

I knew that Dasom didn't know about what had transpired between Bora and I, but Hyorin and Soyu did.  And just the fact that they knew what kind of relationship Bora and I had is embarassing enough, but I was certain they also knew that Bora had dumped me.  How humiliating...

I really shouldn't have come today...that was the only thought in my head.

Bora’s POV

We split into two groups shortly after Dasom, Soyu, and Hyorin arrived.  The first group had the task of showing Sistar around.  The second group was in charge of getting dinner ready.  As fate would have it, I was in the group that had to prepare dinner, along with Sooyoung.

Really, had I known Sooyoung and/or Sistar were going to be here today, I would have pretended to be ill and stayed home!

How did things turn out like this?  Dasom has no idea that I was in a relationship with Bora.  Bora has no idea that I am now in a relationship with Dasom.  I bet Hyorin and Soyu are having a good laugh at my situation.  Aigoo!


Group 1, which consisted of Young Ja, Boom, Yewon, Jiyoung, and Suzy, left with Hyorin, Soyu , and Dasom.  Group 2, which consisted of Bora, Sooyoung, Shinyoung, and Hyoyeon stayed behind and began making dinner preparations.  For the next two hours, Bora and Sooyoung avoided talking directly with one another.  Despite the awkward atmosphere, neither Hyoyeon nor Shinyoung said anything.  Still, it was apparent that something was going on between Bora and Sooyoung.

Hyoyeon’s POV

I don’t know what is going on between Sooyoung and Bora, but something is clearly wrong.  The whole time we were making dinner together, neither one of them said a word to each other!  After living together and being roommates for 6 months, it is ridiculous to think they didn’t get close!  Maybe something happened while they were filming The Girls’ House, but it has already been a half a year since the show ended, so they need to get over it!

When group 1 came back from walking around the farm, we all ate dinner together.  Even though everyone was laughing and having a good time, Bora was acting incredibly uncomfortable.  She kept darting her eyes back and forth at Sooyoung and then at Dasom.  It was really strange.  Even at breakfast this morning, things didn’t seem to be any less weird.  In fact, the situation might have become even more unpleasant.  Sooyoung and Dasom had both clearly been crying; their eyes were all red.  Bora was just sitting there looking at the ground.  Thank God for Jiyoung and Yewon, who managed to read the mood, and began acting foolishly so as to attract the cameras’ attention.

The last three hours have been dreadfully long.  Sooyoung and I are now driving back to our dorm.  When I asked her if she wanted to talk about what was wrong, she just shook her head and went to sleep.  I hope she's okay.  On the other hand, I’m glad to be finished filming the MOST awkward episode of Invincible Youth 2.


Rewind to the night before:

After eating dinner and playing a few games, the group headed to bed.  Of course, Boom was in a room by himself, while all of the girls slept together.  Sooyoung couldn’t sleep, so she just laid there, her eyes glued to the ceiling.  She wondered why Bora had kept looking at Dasom during dinner.  She didn’t need to wait long for an answer...as she rolled over onto her side, she witnessed Bora lean over and kiss Dasom.  As the tears started to flow, Sooyoung stood up and walked out of the room, silently clutching her breaking heart.  Bora looked up just in time to see Sooyoung's back as she passed through the door.


After arriving back at the dorm, Hyoyeon sat Sooyoung down:

"So, what's going on?  Your eyes are all red and you haven't said much of anything today." - Hyoyeon

"Nothing.  I'm just tired.  I didn't sleep well last night." - Sooyoung

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" - Hyoyeon

[Sooyoung begins to cry on Hyoyeon's shoulder]

"Shhh.  Calm down.  I'm here for you." - Hyoyeon

[Hyoyeon hands Sooyoung a tissue]

"I know.  Yesterday was just an incredibly rough day." - Sooyoung

"Why?  What happened?" - Hyoyeon

"Well...while filming The Girls' House, Bora and I were in a relationship together.  She broke up with me 4 months ago.  And yesterday was the first time seeing her.  Worse, I saw her kissing Dasom." - Sooyoung

"I'm sorry Sooyoung.  I shouldn't have made you come with me." - Hyoyeon

"It isn't your fault.  I actually had forgotten Bora was even going to be there till we were already on our way." - Sooyoung

"Still, I wish I would have known about your relationship with Bora so I could have been there for you." - Hyoyeon

"It's okay, I probably should have told the group, but I was worried about what everybody would think.  Now it doesn't even matter, because things are over between the two of us." - Sooyoung

"Well, I won't tell the other girls anything if you don't want me to.  Just remember that I'm here if you need me." - Hyoyeon

"Yeah, I'd rather not tell anybody for now, because I know that they'll have a lot of questions, which I don't feel like answering.  Anyways, thanks Hyoyeon, I really appreciate you being there for me." - Sooyoung


Following filming, Sistar also headed back to their dorm.  The drive was quiet.  Soyu was snuggled up against Hyorin.  Dasom was sleeping on Bora's lap.  Once they arrived back at the dorm, Soyu and Dasom immediately headed to bed.  Hyorin and Bora, not feeling nearly as tired, sat at the kitchen table and enjoyed a cup of tea together.

"So what the hell is going on Bora?!  The atmosphere on set was..." - Hyorin

"I know, I know!  I don't know what is going on." - Bora

"Well, I told you from the start that getting involved with Dasom was a BAD idea!  You clearly still have feelings for Sooyoung.  Worse, Dasom doesn't even know about Sooyoung!" - Hyorin

"Bah!  You don't have to rub it in my face Hyorin.  You know I didn't mean to get myself into a relationship with Dasom, but when she confessed I didn't have the heart to reject her.  After all, dating someone within the group just makes things easier." - Bora

"Still, I don't think you're being fair to Dasom, Sooyoung, or yourself." - Hyorin

"Maybe, but I already made my choice, so I have to take responsibility.  I just hope Sooyoung finds someone that is actually worthy of her love." - Bora

"You're being difficult.  Just remember we - you, me, and Soyu - all love Dasom.  She is one of our own.  So whatever happens, you better make sure you are both on the same page!  Quite frankly though, you should have never left Sooyoung.  Love isn't easy Bora.  you shouldn't give up just because things get a little hard, or because you're a little worried." - Hyorin.

[Hyorin gets up and hugs Bora]

"Also don't forget I am only telling you these things, because I care about you." - Hyorin

For the entire conversation, neither Hyorin nor Bora noticed that someone was standing in the hallway eavesdropping on their conversation.  Before being found out, Dasom quickly went back to her room and crawled into bed.