Mission Received

The Girls' House

All the girls finished unpacking and were quietly sitting in their rooms waiting for further instructions.  After 30 minutes of waiting, Bora decided that instead of waiting in their rooms, they should wait together in the living room.  She tapped Sooyoung on the shoulder and said, "Hey, let's get the other girls and go wait in the living room."  Sooyoung replied, "Okay, let's go."  With that, both girls stood up from the bed and proceeded to get the other four girls from their rooms.

All six girls were now gathered in the living room and once again they were all seated on the L shaped sofa.  Bora was the first to speak up, "Hey ladies, since we are going to be spending the next 6 months together, how about we get to know each other a little better.  The other five girls nodded.  Bora then stated, "Okay, well then how about we start with self introductions?"  Again, the five girls nodded.  Since Bora had brought up the idea, she introduced herself first.  "Hi, I'm Bora.  I am 22 years old and am a member of Sistar."  Jiyoon stood up next and introduced herself.  "Hey, I'm Jiyoon from 4Minute and I am 21 years old.  I look forward to spending the next 6 months with you all."  The introductions continued like this:  "Hello, I'm Sandara Park from 2NE1 and I am 27 years old."  "I'm the maknae Luna from f(x) and I am 19."  "Hello, I'm Jihyo and I'm 31."  "Sooyoung here from SNSD and I'm the same age as Bora."

Just as Sooyoung finished introducing herself, there was a knock at the door.  Dara quickly stood up and went to the door.  She was surprised to find an envelope on the floor.  She picked it up and went back to the others.  She opened up the envelope and read the note that was inside:  "Hello The Girls' House members.  The next six months will be long if you do not become comfortable with one another.  So please take this time to become better aquainted with your roommate and fellow 'family' members.  Room 1, please cook dinner for the family.  Room 2, go out and buy at least 3 things you think will bring the members closer together.  Room 3, clean the apartment together.  Inside the envelope is $500.  Rooms 1 & 3 will be given $100.  Team 2 will be given $300.  Also, please note, you have 1 hour to complete the tasks, or else the entire family will be punished.  The timer will start in 5 minutes, at 10am.  Good luck."

Dara quickly distributed all the money & then both her and Jihyo out the front door.

Room 3's Sooyoung and Bora went to the hall closet hoping to find cleaning supplies, but found that it was empty.  After searching the whole apartment, they realized they weren't going to find any supplies.  Sooyoung sighed, "So this is why they gave us $100, so we could go buy the supplies."  With that, Sooyoung and Bora quickly left for the store.

Jiyoon and Luna were right behind them, as they too realized what the $100 was for - to buy ingredients for dinner.


Once outside, Dara looked at Jihyo and asked, "So what do you think we should buy?"  Jihyo replied, "Hm, well I think each room should have a polaroid camera."  "Good idea.  I think we should get a diary for each member too." replied Dara.  Jihyo nodded and asked, "What should the third item be?  Matching 'family' hoodies?"  Dara answered, "Sure, that sounds good."

Jihyo grabbed Dara's hand and quickly ran towards the nearest store.

Dara's POV

I hope Jihyo didn't notice that I blushed when she grabbed my hand.  I'm not sure even sure why I'm blushing.  I don't like girls, or I don't think I do!  Either way, I think our task is the easiest. 

Jihyo's POV

I wonder why Dara blushed when I grabbed her hand.  I'm pretty sure she is into boys so I'm sure it is nothing.  I do find her rather attractive though, especially with her new haircut.

On another note, what is up with these tasks, this reminds me of Running Man!


Dara and Jihyo finally arrived at the store and purchased 3 polaroid cameras, 6 diaries, and 6 matching hoodies.  They finished really quickly and had 40 minutes to spare so they decided to get a cup of coffee from a cafe they passed on the way to the store.

Jihyo ordered the coffee, while Dara found a table.  Jihyo sat down at the table Dara had chosen and placed both coffees down.  While sipping on their coffee, Jihyo couldn't help but stare at Dara, who she found very attractive.  To make staring less obvious, Jihyo decided to make small talk:

"I really like your hair now." - Jihyo

"Thanks." - Dara

"What do you think of the show so far?" - Jihyo

"To be honest I'm really nervous.  I'm not good at doing shows like this." - Dara

"Don't worry.  If you have any trouble I will help you." - Jihyo

"Really?  Thanks so much.  By the way, I'm a real big fan of Running Man." - Dara

"I'm glad!  Also, I'm happy that you are my roommate since we are both the oldest." - Jihyo.

After 15 minutes of small talk and their cup of coffee, the girls headed back to their new home.


Jiyoon couldn't stop looking at Luna's as they walked to the grocery store.  It looked so good in the pants she was wearing.  Jiyoon didn't think she had to worry about blantantly staring, because both VJs were walking with Luna at the moment.

Suddenly though, Luna turned around to ask Jiyoon a question, "Hey, what should we..."  Luna stopped mid-sentence, as she saw Jiyoon was clearly staring at her .  Jiyoon startled, quickly lifted her eyes and Luna finished her question, "What should we make for dinner?"

Jiyoon was frazzled and couldn't think straight.  She quickly replied, "Whatever you think is best.  I'm not a very good cook."  She knew that Luna had caught her, but hoped that Luna would just forget about it.  Luna turned around and continued walking to the relief of Jiyoon.  But unbeknown to Jiyoon, Luna blushed as she turned away and whispered to herself, "Ah, I wonder if Jiyoon likes me?  Better yet, why am I blushing and why am I getting butterflies in my stomach?"

After what seemed like an eternity to Jiyoon, they arrived at the store.  On the way there, Luna decided that they were going to make kimchi fried rice, so they quickly bought the ingredients and headed back to the apartment.


Sooyoung and Bora had quickly made it to the store to buy cleaning supplies.  They didn't say much to each other, both were very focused on the task at hand.

On the way back from the store though, Sooyoung tried to break the ice a little:

"So, Bora, how was the Idol Olympics this year?" - Sooyoung

"They were really good.  Team Sistar won the archery competition!" - Bora

"That is amazing." - Sooyoung

"Yeah, what have you and SNSD been up to lately?" - Bora

"Nothing really.  Just finished up with all our promotions and now everybody is off doing their own thing." - Sooyoung

"Yeah, Hyorin started dating Soyu so they have been off in their own little world." - Bora

"Really?  I didn't know either of them swung that way." - Sooyoung

"Yeah, it is supposed to be a secret, but since we are going to be roommates for the next six months I figured I would tell you." - Bora

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." - Sooyoung

"We better hurry up if we plan on cleaning the whole apartment in time." - Bora

With that, both girls ran off toward the apartment.


All the girls finally made it back to the apartment.  It was just them for the moment.  The production crew was relying on the cameras set up in the apartment and sent the VJs home for the time being.

Room 1 was in the kitchen cooking.  Room 2 was wrapping all the things they had bought. Room 3 was diligently cleaning.  The time was 10:45am and everybody was finishing up their tasks.

Jiyoon and Luna began setting the table, while Jihyo and Dara brought out the gifts and set them on the coffee table.  Sooyoung and Bora were putting away all the cleaning supplies.  By the time the bell went off at 11am, all six girls were seated at the table.  With that, the girls let out a loud cheer, knowing that they succeeded.

The girls quietly ate the meal Jiyoon and Luna had prepared.  After everybody was finished, the six girls made their way to the living room to unwrap the presents Jihyo and Dara had bought.  All the girls were really excited to get new polaroids, so they decided to break them in and take photos of one another.  This broke the awkward silence, as the six girls did funny poses for the camera.  Laughter began to fill the air.  After taking what seemed like a hundred photos, the family once again found themselves on the sofa, exhausted.


The girls decided that they would take a nap, not knowing when their next mission would come.

Dara and Jihyo were the first to go into their room.

Dara immediately jumped into bed.  Jihyo apprehensively approached the bed.  She grabbed a pillow and set it down on the floor, but before she could lie down Dara asked, "What are you doing?  I thought we were going to share the bed?"  Jihyo shyly replied, "I wasn't sure you would feel comfortable sharing a bed with someone you barely know..."  Dara immediately responded, "We're practically sisters now.  Besides we are going to be spending the next 6 months together, so unless you plan on sleeping there for 6 months, we might as well get used to sharing this bed."

Jihyo climbed into bed with Dara and turned off the light.  They both quickly went to bed.


In room 1, Jiyoon and Luna climbed into bed together.  Jiyoon pretended to be asleep, but her heart was racing.  After only a few hours, she had fallen for Luna.  Like Jiyoon, Luna was also pretending to be asleep.  She kept thinking about Jiyoon staring at her and wondered what that could possibly mean.


In room 3, Sooyoung and Bora were in bed, talking about Hyorin and Soyu, quietly so the mics in the room wouldn't pick up what they were saying.  Sooyoung was amazed by the fact that the two girls were dating one another.  She asked Bora, "So is your whole group into girls?"  Bora responded, "No, just those two.  I like boys."  Sooyoung felt disappointed upon hearing Bora say this.  She thought to herself, "Why am I disappointed?"  After talking for a bit, both drifted off to sleep.


A week had passed and the girls were slowly getting more comfortable with each other.  Since no new missions had come, the family spent most of their time playing games, watching television, and reading books.

Jiyoon found herself falling for Luna more and more with each passing day.  It was getting harder to hide her true feelings.  Luna was also beginning to develop feelings for Jiyoon.  Luna thought to herself, "I really didn't think I liked girls, but for some reason whenever I am around Jiyoon my heart beats really fast and I get butterflies in my stomach.  This must mean I like her, right?"

Jihyo kept eyeing Dara when she thought Dara wasn't looking.  Dara was well aware of Jihyo's stares though and blushed every time.

Sooyoung was secretly developing feelings for Bora, but Bora was oblivious.